Game loss if you leave your device midgame

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
If I put down my device for a while in the middle of a game of Magic Puzzle Quest, and I don't return to it for an extended period, then even if I go on to win that game, it gets logged as a game loss and clears my win streak.

Why does it do this? Surely, you don't require an open connection to all active games that are going on, do you? Any chance it could not do this?

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it has to do with devices and their RAM management honestly. So if the app is inactive for a while, it terminates the connectivity, requiring you to re-load/log in to the game and come back to a loss.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sure, but surely it's not beyond the wit of man to make both the device and the server store a few hundred bytes of data to represent the gamestate and the connection itself so that the device can reconnect?

Remember, I'm not actually losing the game, nor is my device causing the game itself to terminate. More often than not I go on to win the game itself, but it counts as a loss because the server has forgotten about me.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Difficulty: players could locate the save data and manipulate it. Barring that they could save a copy, make a few moves, and if things work out badly restore the copy.
  • censored
    censored Posts: 1
    Options
    I have encountered the same problem multiple times. Couldn't they add a save and log out option? They wouldn't need to save the data forever. 24 hours would be plenty.