New idea for Quick Battles

Options
Ryudhyn
Ryudhyn Posts: 59 Match Maker
I've noticed that, especially with 3000 person groups, many people have trouble getting anywhere close to high ranks. My solution is to break it up a little more like real MtG GPs and the like:

Make the first day be an open queue, with 3000+ people. For day 2, anyone with a certain number of points continues on in a now much smaller queue, and their points reset to make it more fair for the day. Anyone who didn't get enough points is dropped, and they can join a new event that day.

This makes it so there aren't as many super high grinders in each queue (because it divides them based on the day they start), and it makes people more likely to play because there's a concrete goal to hit to make Day 2 (rather than the ethereal goal that exists now)

Comments

• Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I completely agree with this, it's easy enough to get into the top 50, harder to stay there but achievable.
    To move up into the top 20 or 10 from there is very difficult and the rewards for finishing 50 are the same as finishing 11 if I finished in that 11-20 area I'd feel gipped.

even just adding a separate award for finishing in the 11-20 area would be good I'd take extra crystals over packs at this stage icon_e_smile.gif