New Mission Difficulty Test: Enemy of the State *Updated

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only way this remotely makes sense is if the missions are nope difficult, where it might take 24 hours to beat them.

But if that's the case, you're going to still tick off your player base with 'you're supposed to lose.'

So good luck with this test.

Mod Edit: Language
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Pongie wrote:
    If rubberbanding is in place I think it will be the opposite, whoever can clear 6 times the latest will top the leaderboard. Question is, does rubberbanding calculate against main score or just individual subs? If main score, would it not suck to be in the lead only for people below to be able to earn more points? If just sub, then it's entirely different.

It's early but I still prefer this test over all previous ones. Play when you want and just ignore the placement

If rubberbanding is on it will be even worse because the winner will be like random.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Players are still playing to a schedule.

Systems changed so fastest to complete at a given time will win.

'Why are the players still playing to a schedule?'
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, all top PvE alliances will require people to move to s1 so they can get their points first and win the alliance tiebreaker.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    If you have to use the phrase "the first 15 times they are beaten" at any point in the description of a game, something has gone terribly wrong.
  • DreadPirateW
    DreadPirateW Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2016
    This test displays a shocking and fundamental lack of understanding as to how the serious players play this game. It's an embarrassment.
  • Lordsynder
    Lordsynder Posts: 50
    Dumbest idea ever.. total race to clear everything as fast as possible... The devs.. dont even play this game.. its very very clear.
  • Skorche
    Skorche Posts: 47
    How are survival nodes going to work in the new system? Do they have more rewards and will they work the same as normal nodes i.e. Do you have to grind the survival node 9 or 15 times?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Ok one more from me then I'll tilt elsewhere:
    We also increased the amount of rewards that can be earned from a mission to match how many times a mission can be beaten for points. There won't be a time where you are gaining points for beating a mission but do not receive a reward.

If there's more than one crit boost in here......
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    If you have to use the phrase "the first 15 times they are beaten" at any point in the description of a game, something has gone terribly wrong.

Exactly. I'm not playing a wave node 15+ times. They have been going in the right direction recently IMO, but this is total overkill.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I might now have to play the hard nodes 9 times to get the cp out? Awesome. How many of the added rewards are crit boosts?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]However, we saw that people were still playing according to a schedule and some players were grinding the Easy missions a lot.

Who could have seen that coming?
    No More Points Regeneration - In both versions of mission difficulty, the amount of points you can gain in a mission goes down the more you play them. Once a mission is worth less points, it takes some time for the points to regenerate back to the full amount. We have removed that system so that once a mission is worth less points, it will never be worth more points again. There is now a finite amount of times a mission can be played where you will gain points from beating it.

This is going to be the tiniest of all kitties when it comes to placement, but as long as the progression ceilings aren't too absurd, I can live with it.
    More Missions....and More Rewards! - Because there is a finite amount of times you can play a mission, we bumped up the amount of missions that can be played for Hard and Required Character missions to six (from four). We haven't changed the starting difficulty for any mission but we did raise the end difficulty for Hard missions (Required Character missions will end slightly harder than before). We also increased the amount of rewards that can be earned from a mission to match how many times a mission can be beaten for points. There won't be a time where you are gaining points for beating a mission but do not receive a reward.

So...wave missions will now yield rewards for each play? I can dig it.
    • More missions (and more rewards!)
      o Each sub-chapter has a minimum of nine repeatable missions: Three Easy, three Hard and three Required Character missions. o In one-day sub-chapters, Easy missions increase in difficulty 4 times and are worth points the first 7 times they are beaten. Hard and Required Character missions increase in difficulty 6 times and are worth points the first 9 times they are beaten. o In two-day sub-chapters, Easy missions increase in difficulty 8 times and are worth points the first 11 times they are beaten. Hard and Required Character missions increase in difficulty 12 times and are worth points the first 15 times they are beaten. o Each mission has rewards equal to the amount of times they can be beaten for points.

So lemme get this straight. New players and those with weaker rosters get locked out of playing sooner because the nodes they can handle tap out on rewards and being worth points sooner than the harder ones do? Way to help them earn the resources they need to take on those harder missions.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    How many clears/sub for max progression?

Who has ever asked for, MORE MISSIONS?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    When the preview is up, we will all get to see progressions, placements, everything. All this rage, and no-one even knows what the event looks like yet. For all we know, it may end up being the best test yet. It appears either way that this is going to be a very lucrative event.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Malcrof wrote:
    When the preview is up, we will all get to see progressions, placements, everything. All this rage, and no-one even knows what the event looks like yet. For all we know, it may end up being the best test yet. It appears either way that this is going to be a very lucrative event.

Considering we've pointed out every flaw before and it's typically been correct, I don't see any issues with the comments here. Why give the devs the benefit of the doubt when they haven't earned it?

And you say it's going to be very lucrative either way...say that to the people who may end up getting locked out leaving half of the rewards on the board due to scaling.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2016
    Malcrof wrote:

Within seconds of the PvE test announcements being made, the community has been able to point out a glaring flaw in the design of these tests.

In this one, it's the way the MPQ scoreboards handle ties. In the previous one, it was the ability to grind nodes for additional points. And yet, significant time is spent designing, programming, and running these test events, with flaws that should have been immediately obvious.

Of course, through all the PvE tests, one constant has remained, and that's that principle that only one in every 100 players deserves to win a 4* ranking award. It's now probably easier for the average transitioning player to cover a given 5* than it is to cover a given 4*.

I think a lack of faith in the design and direction of the game is pretty understandable at this point. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    If you ask me (and it's just my own opinion), the Meet R&G test was the closest to "this feels right" that we've had so far. It's premature to judge right now with the exception on the tiebreaker for max points, but the described changes feel like a step backwards. It sounds like it will be more similar to the first EotS test, which is not good.

Roll placement rewards into progression rewards from the R&G model. Keep everything else from the R&G model.

Problem solved. People who want to farm all the rewards from nodes can still do so, and they will be rewarded appropriately for hitting each node 7 or 8 times should they choose over the course of the day to do so. No madhouse rush to grind on a schedule (which is what you were trying to accomplish in the first place, no?). No more 20 point grinders.

If you want to "protect" those better rewards from lower-level rosters, ramp up the scaling on the harder and essential nodes for the last couple clears like you describe for this test. Mission accomplished.

It's not hard, but you guys want to make it difficult on yourselves.

EDIT: Better yet, just listen to aes!
  • Twolon
    Twolon Posts: 3
    Seems to me that by limiting overall score, it eliminates competition for placement. First in means top rewards. Seems unbalanced. Rewards should go to those willing to grind for them, not just luck of the draw as to when you get in. Is there going to be a buzzer that indicates your not getting top rewards because you were the 101st player to buzz in? Better luck next time?
  • Lordsynder
    Lordsynder Posts: 50
    The main problem is.. everyone WILL HAVE THE SAME POINTS so now it becomes.. who can kill it the fastest
    and grind everything down int he the first 2 hours This is also going to screw up the guild placements
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I was looking forward to this event, it's tough but fun.
    Now it looks like it's been turned into a race, so I'm far less enthused. Hopefully this is incorrect.