**** Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) ****

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    A character that hurts itself without an ability to heal... icon_e_confused.gif

Great idea, and make sure to make it blackflag.png so you can't really use Kingpin or Drax to remove that CD.
    There's ways to mitigate this, though. Use it when there are a lot of black matches on the board (assuming it makes a black countdown tile), team her up with characters that produce a lot of tile destruction, use it towards the end of a match, use her with Bag-Man so he can increase the countdown...

How much this matters largely depends on two things: how much self-damage does it do, and does it do enough damage to the enemy to make you want to use it anyway?
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Great idea, and make sure to make it blackflag.png so you can't really use Kingpin or Drax to remove that CD.

How did you win against goons? Since you cant even take care of one cd?
  • Creating a countdown tile that prevents healing is like a double-nerfed stun (stun isn't reliant on a countdown tile and it also keeps the target from fighting) and has no place in the 4* realm, let alone at a cost of 12 AP... considering what 1* MBW can do with 9 blue AP. The cost should be less, the number of turns would have to be pretty high, and maybe even have the tile be fortified.

A much better, and more interesting, application of such an idea would be a passive that would generate a new special tile each turn if one didn't exist (a la Luke Cage redflag.png or Iron Fist blackflag.png ) that decreases the amount that heals do for the enemy team and the value would go up based on the number of covers and level of the hero. The enemy team could match that tile away and it would get them one round of healing before the tile is regenerated. Now that's a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png ability!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

There's ways to mitigate this, though. Use it when there are a lot of black matches on the board (assuming it makes a black countdown tile), team her up with characters that produce a lot of tile destruction, use it towards the end of a match, use her with Bag-Man so he can increase the countdown...

How much this matters largely depends on two things: how much self-damage does it do, and does it do enough damage to the enemy to make you want to use it anyway?

In the video from that podcast, at 1 cover it did 1287 dmg and produces a 3 turn CD that dealt 815 dmg to herself.

Hopefully the damage goes up a lot and the self-harm stays roughly the same or lowers with more covers.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

In the video from that podcast, at 1 cover it did 1287 dmg and produces a 3 turn CD that dealt 815 dmg to herself.

Hopefully the damage goes up a lot and the self-harm stays roughly the same or lowers with more covers.

It's basically Ares 'Sunder' with the difference being the self damage happens after CD expires instead of his self-heal happening when the CD expires.

KGB
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    All the appearances of useless.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Is there anyone that can extrapolate an educated guess as to the damage her abilities will do at max level based on the level 70 1 cover numbers? I know we've got some math heads around here somewhere (Aesthetocyst, I'm looking at you...)
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there anyone that can extrapolate an educated guess as to the damage her abilities will do at max level based on the level 70 1 cover numbers? I know we've got some math heads around here somewhere (Aesthetocyst, I'm looking at you...)

you need at least two data points to do a projection. Obviously, the more the better but with just one it can go anywhere
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Since she's available to view in game you can see what her 2nd cover upgrades are for each.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    49085866.jpg
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I'll reserve judgement until I see how she scales with covers and levels.

.........is what my normally-optimistic self would usually say.

But, not this time. WOW, these mechanics (and respective costs) seem like they'd be horrible at ANY level. And, those seem to be randomly-placed countdowns -- not chosen tiles like **Hawkeye.

Her mere existence translates to an inadvertant buff for Cho.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    My question is why her? I know she isn't actual Hawkeye, but she is another Hawkeye. If they just wanted to put in another female they could have chosen a new character. Like say Emma frost, jubilee, or anyone else. Just seems like an odd choice.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    wow. this character is so underwhelming it's not even funny.

underwhelm. such a funny word. overwhelm, too. what is whelming? is that, like, being totally average?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missing "team affiliation"
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    And her artwork...

Looks like the same artist as War Machine. I don't like it, it looks like they forgot to add the final detailing on both.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like she's in her pajamas.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. Kate's a pretty cool/interesting character and Demiurge have not been kind to her with this "re-imagination".
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    OK looking at her abilities at level 70 at rank 1/2:

bluetile.png 12 AP dealing 1213/1698 damage (instantly, plus a minor secondary effect for 3 turns)
    blacktile.png 8 AP dealing 1287/1880 damage (plus 815 self damage after 3 turns if you don't destroy the CD)
    purpletile.png 10 AP creates 3 strike.png 44/56 strikes, then deals 1230/1807 damage and removes three strikes (if the CD resolves)

Compared to
    Cyclops redtile.png deals 551/852 or 593/1269 with 10 TU AP
    Miles' purpletile.png Surprise! 15 AP does 1019 + 278 per web tile (Dunno about rank 2)
    X-23 greentile.png 8 AP deals 548/767 (plus maybe 2 41 Strikes)
    Venom yellowtile.png 9 AP deals 1032/1315.
    Ant-Man purpletile.png 18 AP bluetile.png / purpletile.png deals 1233/1726.

So, at first appearances they are three very high damage powers. They might not scale as well as Ant-Man's Grow--but if they do, that's 10K damage for 8 blacktile.png AP (well worth the potential for self-damage). And while they all have CD effects two of them are instant damage and the third one at least makes a couple strike tiles if the tile gets matched away. I don't think she has much utility but damage is damage and these are all pretty reliable sources.

Obviously we'll have to see the Rank 5/270 numbers but she looks promising. 5/5/3 for reliability's sake, probably. I think the devs missed the mark on her utility; a few turns of healing prevention is nothing unless really well timed--right when Recovery goes off, e.g.--but will help finish off a wounded OML, at least. I would've liked to see something more potentially synergetic, like "creates a (color) strike tile; enemy healing is reduced by 700 for each (color) strike tile on the board" or "enemy healing is prevented while at least 1 (color) strike itile exists"; something like that. As it is you need 12 AP to cancel healing for a short window; hard to strategize.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    alvinlal wrote:
    I just hopped over from the DDQ4* thread. -
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37974

Saw something interesting. In the upcoming Boss battles. It listed Kate Bishop as the next boss with an unknown date. So is this the next 4* - look sharp? - Spoiler alert....

icon_quake.png Quake vs. ?????
    icon_punisher.png Punisher vs. ?????
    icon_drax.png Drax vs. ?????
    icon_wintersoldier.png Winter Soldier vs. ?????
    icon_warmachine.png War Machine vs. ?????
    icon_hawkeye.png Kate Bishop vs. ?????
    Quake ve Jean Grey?
    Punisher vs Captain Marvel?
    Drax vs Rocket and Groot?
    Winter Soldier vs IM40?
    War Machine vs Steve Rogers (because Peacekeeper)
    Kate Bishop vs hmm, Spider Gwen or Kamala Khan? So you can stop their healing. icon_lol.gif
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Continuing the tradition of useless Hawkeyes.