Can you please fix some issues with the cards?

Options
Barrelrolla
Barrelrolla Posts: 289
edited June 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I am not gonna stop asking for that.
Devoid should mean colorless.
Almost all cards with Devoid have some effects for colorless spells and that's like that because in paper Magic devoid means that the spell is actually colorless, despite it needing colored mana. The synergy in MtGPQ is not there and currently I don't see any reason to play an Eldrazi deck. Fix that please!
Also today Zada, Hedron Grinder dropped for me in the 5-pack for daily login.
I was very exited, because I've seen it in the card list and I really wanted to make a goblin deck with it.
ZadaHedronGrinder.png
It says "Whenever you cast a spell on this creature, all your creatures gain +6/+6 until the end of your turn.", but that's not the case. Your other creatures get the buff, but not Zada.
Patron of the Valiant for example buffs himselfl.
PatronOFTHEValiant.png
Either Zada should buff himself too or the text should be changed to "your other creatures"

There are other issues, but I can't remember them right now. I'm kinda used to it. But the devoid not being colorless really bothers me, because I have some nice Eldrazi cards and I want to build a deck with them, but they have zero synergy in their current state. And Zada was a card I was really looking forward to and now I'm kinda disappointed.

Comments

• EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In PvP mode recently, the AI dropped a scary 0/5 Vile Aggregate with trample onto the board.

Theoretically, this should at least be a 3/5 when it comes down, no?

Also, it seems kind of weak, considering that you could reinforce it 100,000,000 times and it will still only have 6 power max.

VileAggregate.png
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    Yeah, it's cards like Vile Aggregate that are especially awkward that devoid doesn't make the card count as colorless in this game.
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    Options
    EDHdad wrote:
    In PvP mode recently, the AI dropped a scary 0/5 Vile Aggregate with trample onto the board.

Theoretically, this should at least be a 3/5 when it comes down, no?

Also, it seems kind of weak, considering that you could reinforce it 100,000,000 times and it will still only have 6 power max.

VileAggregate.png

vile aggregate isnt a colorless creature, hes a red creature
  • BigMao
    BigMao Posts: 117
    Options
    I think this discussion is interesting, is this what we are specifically requesting regarding Devoid?

1) Void gems should be able to power colorless cards
    2) Colored cards with Devoid should count as colorless (either replacing their colors, or in addition to their colors).

If (2) were implemented, then "creatures" should be changed to "other creatures" for Dust Stalker.

DustStalker.png
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    PapiLouis4 wrote:
    Take a look at the original paper Magic card:
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=402091&type=card
    The card costs red mana to cast, but it having "Devoid" makes it colorless. All Eldrazi spells have devoid and all Eldrazi cards are colorless, despite them needing a specific mana color to play. You can even see that there is a difference in the border with a normal red card:
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=402100&type=card
    See how red cards have red border, but Vile Aggregate's border has a bit transparent red on the top and transitions to fully transparent? All devoid cards look like that. All their effects that do something with colorless spells are made with that in mind. Vile Aggregate is supposed to be played in a Red/Colorless Eldrazi deck and it should buff from every other Eldrazi card on the board. Dust Stalker (the card in the post above mine) is one such card. In paper Magic I have them both in my deck and they have good synergy. This is not possible in MtGPQ and it should be.
    Not to mention that in paper Magic you can have as many creatures on the board as you want and creatures of the same type do not stack, they are separate creatures, so Vile Aggregate can become a lot more stronger.
  • PapiLouis4
    Options
    PapiLouis4 wrote:
    Take a look at the original paper Magic card:
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=402091&type=card
    The card costs red mana to cast, but it having "Devoid" makes it colorless. All Eldrazi spells have devoid and all Eldrazi cards are colorless, despite them needing a specific mana color to play. You can even see that there is a difference in the border with a normal red card:
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=402100&type=card
    See how red cards have red border, but Vile Aggregate's border has a bit transparent red on the top and transitions to fully transparent? All devoid cards look like that. All their effects that do something with colorless spells are made with that in mind. Vile Aggregate is supposed to be played in a Red/Colorless Eldrazi deck and it should buff from every other Eldrazi card on the board. Dust Stalker (the card in the post above mine) is one such card. In paper Magic I have them both in my deck and they have good synergy. This is not possible in MtGPQ and it should be.
    Not to mention that in paper Magic you can have as many creatures on the board as you want and creatures of the same type do not stack, they are separate creatures, so Vile Aggregate can become a lot more stronger.

yes but this isnt paper mtg, and isnt needed for the mechanics needed in this game.
    i understand you want it to be more similar to the paper version, but it isnt and prob wont
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    PapiLouis4 wrote:
    yes but this isnt paper mtg, and isnt needed for the mechanics needed in this game.
    i understand you want it to be more similar to the paper version, but it isnt and prob wont
    I understand that having more than 3 creatures is not possible and I'm fine with that. As you can see in paper magic Vile Aggregate gets +1 for a creature, but here it gains +3. But the card is made with 0 attack by default, because it counts itself too. It should be at least 3/5 when it enters, but it's not. I don't care that this isn't paper magic, devoid spells in MtGPQ can use the void gems which are what color? That's right, colorless. There is absolutely no reason for the spells themselves not being colorless, especially if the effects the cards have are the same, which are made with that mechanic in mind.
    If, as you say, this is not paper Magic, then change the effects of the cards to something that would be actually useful, because in their current state, half of the devoid cards are useless. How many devoid cards have you seen in Quick Battle? Because I rarely see any, because they suck and no one wants them, except the few strong ones that actually are colorless.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not sure if Evolving Wilds is bugged or there is something I don't know. So many times that spell would activate vanish and you don't get the 5 mana.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MADAFAKA wrote:
    I'm not sure if Evolving Wilds is bugged or there is something I don't know. So many times that spell would activate vanish and you don't get the 5 mana.

Keep in mind Evolving Wilds only fills the first card, so if it's full already, you get no effect.
  • PapiLouis4
    Options
    PapiLouis4 wrote:
    I understand that having more than 3 creatures is not possible and I'm fine with that. As you can see in paper magic Vile Aggregate gets +1 for a creature, but here it gains +3. But the card is made with 0 attack by default, because it counts itself too. It should be at least 3/5 when it enters, but it's not. I don't care that this isn't paper magic, devoid spells in MtGPQ can use the void gems which are what color? That's right, colorless. There is absolutely no reason for the spells themselves not being colorless, especially if the effects the cards have are the same, which are made with that mechanic in mind.
    If, as you say, this is not paper Magic, then change the effects of the cards to something that would be actually useful, because in their current state, half of the devoid cards are useless. How many devoid cards have you seen in Quick Battle? Because I rarely see any, because they suck and no one wants them, except the few strong ones that actually are colorless.

i completely agree, the only devoid cards that are useful arent even released in bfz packs yet, you need to pay $ in order to even acquire them. right now the devoid and ingest mechanic are prob used by 1% of the ppl palying, because they want to make $ off of them first. most of the only playable devoid cards/combos require the rare and mythic eldrazi which we cant obtain, but i can see how the mechanic will be implemented and should be fun to use.

so lets just hope we actually get a decent chance to draw these cards later :/
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    I will bump this every day if I have to, but I want to hear from a Dev why aren't devoid spells colorless.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    They've talked about that being a design choice and not a bug in another thread.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    They've talked about that being a design choice and not a bug in another thread.
    Link please.
    And that's a bad design choice, considering their effects are made to work with each other.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    I certainly agree that it's a poor design choice. Devoid has a different real rules meeting in puzzle queset, but there are still a ton of colorless matters cards that they ported over with similar abilities to the card game without noting the impact that non-colorless devoid would make to their usefulness.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=43739&p=516194#p516194
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Wow!
    As I said, that's a poor design choice. How can they mess things this much...
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    I haven't forgotten
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just as a quick update -

The Zada issue is a typo - the card is working as intended (it's still all kinds of powerful!)

As for Devoid being considered Colorless, this is something I am currently investigating - it was initially a design choice, but there is a chance I might implement Devoid cards being considered Colorless.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just as a quick update -

The Zada issue is a typo - the card is working as intended (it's still all kinds of powerful!)

As for Devoid being considered Colorless, this is something I am currently investigating - it was initially a design choice, but there is a chance I might implement Devoid cards being considered Colorless.

That would be awesome! would matching colorless gems give mana to all colorless spells then? For instance no colorless eldrazi have devoid, so they do not receive mana from breaking colorless gems. I would be in favor of this, then the eldrazi that are being offered up as prizes get to be much more desireable.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, finally!
    I suspected that it's a typo, I agree that it's strong as it is, I am using it in my red deck, I was just expecting something else, so it should be fixed.

As for the other one, which is my real issue with the game, I really hope you make it, it will be awesome, it will open all new kinds of deck stategies, it will make a lot cards useful.