How about a completely separate practice area?

Options
Was just thinking, is there any chance we could get a completely separate practice area? My idea for this is that in this area, you don't win any rewards (not even 20 ISO), but any damage you take doesn't stay with you after a match. In this area, you can choose your opponents (perhaps from a list of enemies), but more importantly, you can choose any characters for your team, including those you don't actually have in your roster. This would be a perfect way for players to try out new combinations of characters, and perhaps see which ones are worth leveling up. All characters could be at a base level of some kind (say, 3/3/3 in powers, and level 50), so you'd get a good idea how they would play if you were to get them and use them.

I think this could be a really good area for players to use, and would likely encourage some sensible spending by people as well. I know for myself, I'm currently sat on 35k ISO and 5.5k HP, with no idea who to upgrade, and a fear of upgrading the wrong character and effectively wasting that currency. If I could go into a practice area and test a few different characters out, I would know which ones suit my play style best, and which would be most worth upgrading. It would also allow us to play with new characters as they're released, and if they're good characters, it will likely encourage us to either push really hard in tournaments for them, or to just spend HP on them.

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you have unlimited, un-penalized access to all characters... what's the point in playing the game regularly?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What if it wasn't unlimited?

What if it was something you unlocked for a temporary time after finishing each chapter of the prologue (giving new players a chance to see the potential of certain characters. Heck, it could even be locked to a certain star level for each chapter.

After that, put it up as an event once a week or so.

I'd even go as far as to suggest it could be limited by how many matches you play in it.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be good. Just without being able to play heroes which we dont have.

This way we could test strategies/character combinations without health loss penalty.

Also, if we find a bug, we could recreate the situation to take screenshot / be sure about it , also without health loss...