**** Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) ****

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    I don't know why there is a power that both creates and removes friendly tiles. That sounds like a dumb idea.

If purple removed enemy strike tiles, this would be an anti-OML character.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know why there is a power that both creates and removes friendly tiles. That sounds like a dumb idea.

I don't see a problem
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I care about is the new release isn't until June 9th and is a 3-4 day event not another 7 day PVE. I want the off season to recover from a 7 day PVE, civil war and the end of the season. I will worry about this 4* in Jan when I have enough covers and maybe enough ISO to level them.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    I hope these shoddy Google Translate errors keep happening. The 'extra' clues make these guessing games even more amusing to watch.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    The first thing that comes to mind is Omega Red. Oh, wait. No. Nooooo. Carbonadium nerfs healing factors. Deadpool has Carbonadium swords, but we have a 4-star of him. Omega Red has Carbonadium tentacles. But there's another character known for using something that nerfs healing...

Been reading up on carbonadium and another that is mentioned is moon knight

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Carbonadium

Hmm, I don't know much about Moon Knight, but I do know that he's basically schizophrenic (and a little bit crazy as a result). Based on that, having conflicting or counter intuitive abilities would seem to be in line with the character.

I couldn't say for sure who I think this character will be. I've heard a few different rumours being whispered, and all/most of them are pretty interesting. Blue/Black/Purple is a colour combination set which doesn't yet exist in the 4* tier (and I believe this is the first time this colour combination includes 3 active abilities). I find that I often need Blue + Black in order to achieve full rainbow coverage, so anything to provide another option alongside MrF and Chulk is a welcome addition. Edit: Oh, of course, there's Hulkbuster and Punisher. I had forgotten about the new PunPun, mine's still not ready to level but seems like an interesting addition to a team. Hulkbuster is Hulkbuster; if he's going to be on my team then it's probably not as a last thought to fill out rainbow coverage. It's also likely that he'll be taking all the Red, so if I have a different Red that I want to be using, I've probably overlooked HB on purpose.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Moon Knight inclined to self damage? The black ability hurts the user on CD resolve
  • Norksman
    Norksman Posts: 42
    FWIW Doom is Blue/Black/Purple with all actives icon_e_smile.gif

But exciting to see a counter to healing as facing KK and other healers fills me with dread about how long the match is going to take.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    12 AP just to stop enemy from healing while the tile being removed on the next turn is a possibility sounds weak to me. I hope the special tile is fortified. Perhaps at 5 covers it will be fortified, following what they did with War Machine's red.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Norksman wrote:
    Also, icon_mystique.png
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It clearly is Olivia Munn, I mean Physlocke icon_razz.gif

And yeah this blue looks like and anti-OML power. Powers look interesting enough (a little bit like winter and war), she can be a good char if the numbers are good.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    the thing is that his/her purple replaces strike tiles with "special tiles".

If the trade-off is favorable, then the ability is pretty darn good. Especially with characters like Nova whom only share one color, and because of the self-damage its safe to let Nova rock his 5/3/5. He can churn out some tiles pretty fast, which can be converted into who knows what... maybe each strike tile makes a protect and attack tile, or maybe a really beefy attack tile. I also assume its maybe horseman Daken since, otherwise, Daken wouldn't have much trouble fueling this monster forever, and they share the exact color combination.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Pre-release ability precis:
      Damage 12 AP - Deal damage and create a special tile, while the tile is on board enemies cannot gain health.

Damage/Special Tile - 8 AP - Deal damage and create a countdown tile that when expired will damage this hero.

Damage 10 AP - Creates special tiles and removes friendly strike tiles.

Black could be pretty interesting. Cheap damage with a potential big drawback--like Green Goblin's--could be fun on a 4-star. Also fun to turn the frustration of "The enemy always matches away my CD" into "Thanks, dummy!"

Purple could be ... well we need more info. If it's, 1-for-1 strike for high-strength Attack tile, it'll be a really neat power and great with the new black Strike meta (Nova, Punisher, X-23 buddies, or Daken/Bullseye at the 3* tier... SO Bullseye). Trading a bunch of 100 Strikes for 400 Attack tiles would be pretty solid. (And create interesting conflict with characters that create good strikes. If it's just, create big damaging CDs but remove strikes as a cost, i.e. if it's too much like Nova's black it will be less exciting.

Blue, who knows. A 12-blue ability with a (let's face it) minor secondary perk can be high damage, which is desirable.
    • zodiac339
      zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
      The purple does raise a major concern though: Does it require friendly strike tiles to exist for it to work? Sure, it's relatively easy to find a partner that makes strike tiles, but it means the same problem that characters like Bullseye and Daredevil face in the exact same color. At least Bullseye can produce some tiles if he gets a last hit, but this unknown does make strike tiles (so far) according to the descriptions.
    • ErikPeter
      ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
      That's a really good point. It leads one to believe that the 'special tile' Blue creates is likely one or more strike tiles, and if any strikes of that color exist enemy healing is prevented. Black would be fantastic but probably not unreasonable; all colors would be too good (but tempered by the purple power activating to remove them, at least in pve). That would make their Blue power much more exciting since you wouldn't need 12 AP to take advantage of it. Theoretically I like that design decision a lot--let's see what it looks like upon release.
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      Piro_plock wrote:
      Norksman wrote:
      Also, icon_mystique.png

Alright, alright. I definitely forgot Doom because I still regularly think of him as a two power champ. And I forgot Mystique just because.
      It still stands that any combination of Blue/Purple/Black is relatively rare, and not yet present at the 4* tier. Of course, the only complementary partner (Yellow/Red/Green) in the 4* tier is The Thing, who only brings two powers, so you'll definitely need a third to get rainbow actives.
    • zodiac339
      Mawtful wrote:
      Piro_plock wrote:
      Norksman wrote:
      Also, icon_mystique.png

Alright, alright. I definitely forgot Doom because I still regularly think of him as a two power champ. And I forgot Mystique just because.
      It still stands that any combination of Blue/Purple/Black is relatively rare, and not yet present at the 4* tier. Of course, the only complementary partner (Yellow/Red/Green) in the 4* tier is The Thing, who only brings two powers, so you'll definitely need a third to get rainbow actives.
      Ah, so you're saying this is the perfect team to put Starlord in! Or maybe Spider Gwen to counter self-damage?
      Seriously though, this seems to be meant for Nova and all his strike tiles and his Pew-Pew! And is it better to use Clobberin' Time for the stun, or Rocket Man for the airborne?
    • mattonline
      mattonline Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
      Can the devs comment on whether Phoenix's From the Ashes counts as a healing power that would be negated?
    • zodiac339
      I would hope that doesn't count as a heal. Cripes, would that suck for a Phoenix user. "Yes, the countdown finished this time! Rise Phoenix! Rise from the... ashes... with no health. An auto knock out. Thanks Obama."
    • IamTheDanger
      IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
      Well, my first thought for "Look sharp" was a 4* Hawkeye. (Clint or a variation like Kate), but the second ability doesn't really fit well. The way I see it, doing damage then leaving a CD to deal self damage suggests to me a character will make a daring or careless move to hurt the enemy, then they will be exposed and open for a possible counter attack while getting away or back into position. Unless an ally comes in to protect them by breaking/matching the CD before it reaches zero. This doesn't sound like Hawkeye because he can fire from a safe distance and ready a second shot in the blink of an eye. Unless he does something stupid, like jump on the enemy with an arrow in his hand and stabs them. Then he has to get away before the enemy recovers enough to counter attack. Or maybe he fires an explosive arrow into the enemy and has to get away before it goes off. So there's a chance it's possible that maybe it could be.

As for removing strike tiles to create special tiles, could be an ability like Shulk or Elektra have.

The "stop opponent from healing" could be someone that uses a toxin or poison. Wasn't there a horseman that did that with wing knives or something? And isn't that character in the new Xmen Apocalypse movie?
    • Handoftheking26
      Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
      Psylocke makes sense because rather than fix the broken 3* version, they'll just add a 4* instead. Classic MPQ lame move....