Awaken

Options
VladG0015
VladG0015 Posts: 48
The thing with the awaken ability is that in the tutorial it mentions that it is an optional ability (which good) and you can play it by disabling the card till it fills, however, during an actual game (a serious one) it will keep filling the card untill the awaken cost regardless if you disable it or dont.

My suggestion is to slightly modify the code so that it only fills Awaken when you actually disably the card only.

I'm only mentioning this cause when I need multiple cards to be filled and go off for a combo the game overcharges the first card and I usually end up in a bad situation instead of remedying it.

Please and thank you.

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There is a problem with what you are suggesting too....
    If the card gets fully charged will not be cast cause it is disabled.

I see the problem with mana wasted on semi charged awakens too...

I thought they could just make a simple change: if you have it enabled and cannot fully pay the awaken cost, you pay he normal mana cost and any excess mana is transferred to the next card.
    This would make awaken card much more viable.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    VladG0015 wrote:
    The thing with the awaken ability is that in the tutorial it mentions that it is an optional ability (which good) and you can play it by disabling the card till it fills, however, during an actual game (a serious one) it will keep filling the card untill the awaken cost regardless if you disable it or dont.

My suggestion is to slightly modify the code so that it only fills Awaken when you actually disably the card only.

I'm only mentioning this cause when I need multiple cards to be filled and go off for a combo the game overcharges the first card and I usually end up in a bad situation instead of remedying it.

Please and thank you.

It would be nice if the Awaken Icon served as a touchable button to disable the Awaken mechanic. Awaken is really frustrating to use if you don't want to use the Awaken ability. I estimate I only want to use a card's Awaken ability about 5% of the time that I cast it, at least in one of my decks.
  • VladG0015
    VladG0015 Posts: 48
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    It would be nice if the Awaken Icon served as a touchable button to disable the Awaken mechanic.

It would be nice but imagine this: you use nissa's ability, draw a card, a cascade goes off and you end up one mana short of an awaken but the game still casts it and lets say you didn't even want it cast but it'll go off anyway. I wish at least that all spells promt you on whether you want to cast them or not. Unfortunately only a select few actually ask you and those are the ones that "target".
    -just an example

To be honest I'm out of ideas on how to fix it and I'm not criticizing you, just thinking about the other side of that coin.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Certainly the devs can make it happen. With this card you are always prompted, regardless of how full it is, if you want to use it, even though it is a blanket effect on the opponent's creatures.

All awaken cards need to be like this at the very least.