MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2016 Edition *Updated (05/31/16)

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone else intrigued by the fact that, with a few exceptions, next week's boosted characters are all X-Men? Looks like they haven't ignored the release of Apocalypse after all. icon_razz.gif
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Oh look, Vision still running around with bugged blue and now he's gunna be buffed this week.

yay for a character people only use when he's bugged (for like the 3rd time now).....
    zulux21 wrote:

Still have to ask though, are there any planned changes to Xforce, if not can you tell us why he was skipped?
    I mean it's not a big deal to me, either you will announce changes before his DDQ or the DDQ will get here without changes and my covers won't expire before then, but it would be nice to know if i need to continue saving my iso for xforce or if I can spend it on other things.

He already said in another thread no XFW changes planned.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 wrote:

Still have to ask though, are there any planned changes to Xforce, if not can you tell us why he was skipped?
    I mean it's not a big deal to me, either you will announce changes before his DDQ or the DDQ will get here without changes and my covers won't expire before then, but it would be nice to know if i need to continue saving my iso for xforce or if I can spend it on other things.

He already said in another thread no XFW changes planned.
    Hi-Fi hadn't made that post when zulux21 asked his question.

I'm wondering if all the boosted X-men means we might see Children of the Atom in the off-season. Boosted OML would be... interesting.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"][...]
      05/26/16 – 06/01/16 4* - Drax, Jean Grey, Professor X, X-23 3* - Beast, Colossus, Cyclops, Mystique, Psylocke 2* - Magneto, Wolverine 1* - Black Widow, Storm
    [...]
    What a terrible list of powered up 3*'s :/
    Cyclops is the only one I have championed.
    Also most of them were already powered up 2-3 weeks ago:
    Beast and Mystique on 05/05/16 – 05/11/16
    Cyclops and Psylocke on 05/12/16 – 05/18/16
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else intrigued by the fact that, with a few exceptions, next week's boosted characters are all X-Men? Looks like they haven't ignored the release of Apocalypse after all. icon_razz.gif
    yeah, too bad they won't hardly be used in the offseason week with cw2 running. at best they'll be used in 1 pvp and maybe a heroic after cw2. looks like they swept them into a slot least beneficial for the group.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    smoq84 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"][...]
      05/26/16 – 06/01/16 4* - Drax, Jean Grey, Professor X, X-23 3* - Beast, Colossus, Cyclops, Mystique, Psylocke 2* - Magneto, Wolverine 1* - Black Widow, Storm
    [...]

The 3 stars are not only all X-Men, they're all actually in Apocalypse except Colossus. People wanted recognition of the movie? There you go.
  • Quebbster
    smoq84 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"][...]
    [...]

The 3 stars are not only all X-Men, they're all actually in Apocalypse except Colossus. People wanted recognition of the movie? There you go.
    And Colossus was in Deadpool... And Jean Grey and Professor X were in Apocalypse too.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *(05/25/16) Hi-Fi - Updated PVE events.

Note: I'm still waiting on confirmation for the next set of Deadpool's Dailies.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*(05/25/16) Hi-Fi - Updated PVE events.

Note: I'm still waiting on confirmation for the next set of Deadpool's Dailies.

will thick start on sunday or monday.. think its a 3 day event so thinking monday?

wow this weekend going to be dead with nothing to play..... one time hit war every 8 hours... Season is wrapped for most (who wants to play a khan pvp i pass )
  • bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    slidecage wrote:

will thick start on sunday or monday.. think its a 3 day event so thinking monday?

wow this weekend going to be dead with nothing to play..... one time hit war every 8 hours... Season is wrapped for most (who wants to play a khan pvp i pass )

Thick as Thief is a 4-day event, so it should start on Sunday.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    bigwhoop wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Thick as Thief is a 4-day event, so it should start on Sunday.

guess so saw the 3 day xx thought some reason was 3 days
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will Thick as Thieves be normal format or test format?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    smoq84 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"][...]
    [...]

I hope you are just being sarcastic, because..........
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Hey Hi-Fi!

Can you please let us know when War Machine's PVP will run? And if it's after the current week can you let us know who will be buffed for his event?

I need to know which of my War Machine covers I should roster.

Thanks!
  • Quebbster
    vudu3 wrote:
    Hey Hi-Fi!

Can you please let us know when War Machine's PVP will run? And if it's after the current week can you let us know who will be buffed for his event?

I need to know which of my War Machine covers I should roster.

Thanks!
    If we're lucky it's an off-season event. Seems more likely it will be the first event of the next season though.
    But can't you just roster all the covers?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    But can't you just roster all the covers?
    you can, but depending who is buffed, you might prefer the AI not have him as a choice for a strong power of a buffed character. this week thing is buffed, so if you had a choice, you might not want his red or green applied. that would guarantee if you built up enough on defense to use an ability, it'd be boosted thing over 1-cover WM. then you can use loaners to climb and put your 1-cover in for defense. probably doesn't make a huge difference, but I do it sometimes.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    *(05/26/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events & Deadpool's Dailies.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Looks like War Machine's event will start season 28. Now if only we knew who the buffed characters will be ....
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    vudu3 wrote:
    Hey Hi-Fi! Can you please let us know when War Machine's PVP will run? And if it's after the current week can you let us know who will be buffed for his event?

Sorry, I don't have that info yet. Should be June and the June calendar is still a work-in-progress.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Oh me oh my, Children of the Atom is gonna be something else.