MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2016 Edition *Updated (05/31/16)

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vacation notices? Seriously?
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Ludaa wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Hi-Fi was at the con in L.A. with others from D3 today, so don't expect anything until Monday at the earliest. Honestly, if the D3 staff spends all weekend working the con, give them Monday to recover and hope for info on Tuesday.

Huh. They went to a con? I could've made plans to go since I'm kinda close by. If only there were some way of informing us of these things. Maybe in a few years some invention will be made that allows for easier communication.
    It was posted right here on the forum.
    D3 is at the Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix Los Angeles convention. So nothing to do with Marvel Puzzle Quest -- D3 is the publisher for both MPQ and M:tGPQ, with Hi-Fi as the the overall community manager so it would make sense he would be going.

Ok, that's fair enough. Makes more sense as I had asked HiFi about MPQ's con schedule a couple months ago and he said they had no idea yet.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vacation notices? Seriously?
    Never underestimate a sense of entitlement.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like Wolverine is indeed the next DDQ fourstar challenge...
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

Just looked at my XFW, his powers don't look any different yet...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

His challenge isn't until Friday, plenty of time to change it.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

For sure, I'm just antsy to find out why he was pushed back.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

For sure, I'm just antsy to find out why he was pushed back.
    same. he is the only 4 star I have fully covered. as it currently stands he doesn't seem to be worth the iso to level. If he got a buff though he might be. I currently have around 200k iso stockpiled, and should get another 50k this week, so if he does get a buff I could champ him. if not I could continue just champing my 3 stars and working towards a well rounded 4 star roster before I start champing them.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay. I was out the past 3 days. More updates coming soon.

*(05/23/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Dailies.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    *(05/23/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events.

That's everything I have that's currently confirmed. When more comes in - I'll update again. Thanks.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*(05/23/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events.

That's everything I have that's currently confirmed. When more comes in - I'll update again. Thanks.

HiFi, will X-Force Wolverine be buffed or his opponent changed? If not, why was he skipped in this run?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    *(05/23/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Weekly Buffs.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks Hi Fi, will we be getting notice beforehand as to the rewards for the upcoming run of Civil War?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    sweet. I have 2 boosted 4* champs next week. but, not only are they both green/purple (jean and x23), but the first pvp of the week.....kk. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, my buffed Ant Man didn't seem to scare people away that much last night. Hopefully my boosted JG is scarier next week.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Hmm, my buffed Ant Man didn't seem to scare people away that much last night. Hopefully my boosted JG is scarier next week.

I've noticed with the proliferation of 4*'s and folks massing 5*'s means even having one of the better boosted/champed 4*'s means very little. Either everyone has the same champed 4* (maxed Jean vs maxed Jean all day) or their 400 with it's massive match damage cares very little about your 350 icon_e_sad.gif

[Wishing for events to make the 3*/4* rosters matter more again]
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, that's something that bothers me with this game, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Even when I power up my roster to the max level, I still get trounced by someone else in PVP who's even higher up. So there's never an actual clean finish, unless you're someone who goes crazy and spends thousands of dollars.

ie my lv 405 OML doesn't look so tough to those with a lv 450 OML.

It was like that when 4*s were the biggest... Even if I had a lv 270 JG/HB, there were plenty others with those as well, so I was never better or stronger than anyone else. I just had to do a few matches and shield, before the hits came in.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Thanks Hi Fi, will we be getting notice beforehand as to the rewards for the upcoming run of Civil War?

Hi Redrobot30, and other good folks asking.

The devs are getting together some info regarding the second run of Civil War and we hope to have it posted tomorrow.

Thanks!
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Redrobot30 wrote:

Hi Redrobot30, and other good folks asking.

The devs are getting together some info regarding the second run of Civil War and we hope to have it posted tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Thanks once again for responding.

Still have to ask though, are there any planned changes to Xforce, if not can you tell us why he was skipped?
    I mean it's not a big deal to me, either you will announce changes before his DDQ or the DDQ will get here without changes and my covers won't expire before then, but it would be nice to know if i need to continue saving my iso for xforce or if I can spend it on other things.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    These buff lists just serve to remind me that nobody is steering this ship. So much for giving x23 a shot this week.