MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2016 Edition *Updated (05/31/16)

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *(05/13/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events, PVE events, Deadpool's Dailies & Weekly Buffs.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Seriously.....ISO brotherhood after Groot, so yet ANOTHER 7 day pve for a new character? This game can go tiny kitty itself
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* - Ant-Man, Star-Lord, The Thing, Venom

Hmm, I should've champed SL before Iceman after all. Well, now it's too late.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Ant-Man AND Thing? it must be christmas! they're 2/3 highest champed 4*'s(Thing 287, Ant-Man 290) so this should be a fun week! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:
    4* - Ant-Man, Star-Lord, The Thing, Venom

Hmm, I should've champed SL before Iceman after all. Well, now it's too late.

No, you made the right choice. A 270 Iceman outclasses a buffed SL. At least, I would hit any team with SL quicker than I'd hit one with Iceman.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Are there reports of people completing IW DDQ without yellow? Mine is 0/3/1 and i don't know if it's worth putting Iso to level her from 90 to 111.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Are there reports of people completing IW DDQ without yellow? Mine is 0/3/1 and i don't know if it's worth putting Iso to level her from 90 to 111.
    I don't think you stand a chance without her yellow. She's not going to have enough health to outrun her opponent regardless of who it is without yellow, even if the opponent is undercovered and level 222, unless you fill the entire board with blue protect tiles. Save your ISO, imo.
  • jgomes32
    Just got my first yellow after hitting pve progression. Now at 1/3/1. Worth leveling i guess.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends. You could be fine with a quick invisibility and some match damage boosts (even the two-color ones) to shorten the length of the fight.

I beat it on my alt-account with just the yellow cover level 70, but I might have been using full match damage boosts.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Just got my first yellow after hitting pve progression. Now at 1/3/1. Worth leveling i guess.
    I wouldn't level much past 94. I leveled mine to 111 for the first run and I regret taking her so high. most of the recent characters I've been having luck at 94 and many had success with her at level 70. her fight is quite the puzzle though with the locked tiles and blue matches.
  • jgomes32
    Got her to 104 after completing the DDQ, should be enough. If the match turns out to be too hard i supose i can spare 5k to bring her to 115.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *(05/17/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & PVE events.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Nellobee wrote:
    Will there be an XFW one soon, however?

Yep. One is still planned for this month.

Hi David,

Is this still the case. I've seen posts stating Invisible Woman is next in line unless Wolverine is the last of the month?

Are you able to share if there is going to be a Wolverine buff? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoth658 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Nellobee wrote:
    Will there be an XFW one soon, however?

Yep. One is still planned for this month.

Hi David,

Is this still the case. I've seen posts stating Invisible Woman is next in line unless Wolverine is the last of the month?

Are you able to share if there is going to be a Wolverine buff? icon_e_wink.gif
    According to the first post, Invisible Woman is indeed next on May 22nd, so I guess that means Wolverine is up after her on May 27th...
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Forgive me if this info is located elsewhere, but do we know if Flap and IMHB will be the 4* rewards again for the next run of CW? Those Flap covers are about to expire soon and he might be worth the champion treatment if he will be rewarded again

Conversely, can we confirm that Flap and IMHB will NOT be the 4* reward this time around? Cause that helps too, even if we don't know which 4s will be rewarded
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:
    Forgive me if this info is located elsewhere, but do we know if Flap and IMHB will be the 4* rewards again for the next run of CW? Those Flap covers are about to expire soon and he might be worth the champion treatment if he will be rewarded again

Conversely, can we confirm that Flap and IMHB will NOT be the 4* reward this time around? Cause that helps too, even if we don't know which 4s will be rewarded
    I Believe it was implied the rewards might be different the second time, but not confirmed.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah, c'mon Hi-Fi. post it. you know you'd love to post bucky and war machine with tony and steve. just do it already icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi-Fi was at the con in L.A. with others from D3 today, so don't expect anything until Monday at the earliest. Honestly, if the D3 staff spends all weekend working the con, give them Monday to recover and hope for info on Tuesday.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    DayvBang wrote:
    Hi-Fi was at the con in L.A. with others from D3 today, so don't expect anything until Monday at the earliest. Honestly, if the D3 staff spends all weekend working the con, give them Monday to recover and hope for info on Tuesday.

Huh. They went to a con? I could've made plans to go since I'm kinda close by. If only there were some way of informing us of these things. Maybe in a few years some invention will be made that allows for easier communication.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Ludaa wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Huh. They went to a con? I could've made plans to go since I'm kinda close by. If only there were some way of informing us of these things. Maybe in a few years some invention will be made that allows for easier communication.
    It was posted right here on the forum.
    D3 is at the Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix Los Angeles convention. So nothing to do with Marvel Puzzle Quest -- D3 is the publisher for both MPQ and M:tGPQ, with Hi-Fi as the the overall community manager so it would make sense he would be going.