Need Some Team Help

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
With the recent changes, I'm kind of at a loss as to how to build my team. Previously, I was competitive in most tournaments (though not lightning rounds) but now am struggling across the board. My roster is below and I have about 50k ISO 8 and 1200 HP in reserve. I'd appreciate any advice on what some good team options would be and where I should spend my ISO 8.

Thor 5/5/3 - Lvl 74
Iron Man Mk 40 5/2/2 - Lvl 70
Spider-Man 3/3/4 - Lvl 65
Storm Classic 4/5/4 - Lvl 60
Punisher 4/2/1 - Lvl 58
Iron Man Model 35 5/4/4 - Lvl 50
BWGS 3/3/5 - Lvl 44
Hulk 4/0/1 - Lvl 40
Doom 3/1 - Lvl 38
Invisible Woman 1/2/1 - Lvl 34
Loki 3/1 - Lvl 28
Ragnarok 3/1 - Lvl 28
BWO 3/5/5 - Lvl 20
Captain America 3/5/5 - Lvl 20
BWM 5/5 - Lvl 20
Magneto Classic 0/2/2 - Lvl 18
Patch 1/0/1 - Lvl 18
Hood 1/0/3 - Lvl 15
Moonstone 5/5/3 - Lvl 12
Daken 5/5 - Lvl 11
Hawkeye Modern 5/5/3 - Lvl 9
Ares 2/1/1 - Lvl 9
Wolverine X-Men 5/3/5 - Lvl 6
Storm Classic 4/5/3 - Lvl 6 (Rebuilding to 5/5/3)
Magneto Marvel Now 3/4/4 - Lvl 6
Bullseye 5/4 - Lvl 6
Thor 2/1/1 - Lvl 6 (Rebuilding to 5/3/5)
Juggernaut 5/5 - Lvl 1
Venom 5/4 - Lvl 1

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You seem to be in the awkward 2*->3* transition. My plan would be to minimize the amount of iso you spend on 2* characters while putting enough into them such that you can win enough 3* covers to make that transition. One thing I noticed was that you are trying to rebuild Thor/Storm: I would stop and just sell the covers for iso. You are going to need a lot of iso for your 3* characters, and it isn't worth pumping iso into an "optimal" thor/storm when you already have ones at high levels. I would just stick it out with the suboptimal builds until respec hits, since they're still perfectly serviceable.

Looking at your 3* characters, I don't really know if the ones you have right now are strong enough / have enough covers to pump more iso into:
    Iron Man Mk 40 5/2/2 - Lvl 70 - Feels more like a situationalish battery than a core team member. Blue costs too much to be actually used and there are plenty of better reds out there so you would only be using him for his yellow, which is meh.
    Spider-Man 3/3/4 - Lvl 65 - Too much hinges on the impeding nerf, otherwise he would be a good target.
    Punisher 4/2/1 - Lvl 58 - Good target but not enough covers to make him a respectable level.
    BWGS 3/3/5 - Lvl 44 - Bad without 5 green.
    The rest you don't have covers for.

In terms of 2* characters to level, it seems like you already have a lot invested into thor and C. storm, so I would probably push them up to 85. I'm a little more iffy about the C. Storm since she's really squishy, but Thor at 85 is still a very good tank/green battery. Once you've done that, I would reassess the situation and see what covers you have then: if you still don't have enough 3* covers, then choose either OBW or Wolvie to level to 85 (probably OBW since she covers more colors).
  • Thanks a lot for your thoughts! Unfortunately I agree with you about the transition point which is why I feel kind of stuck. I am coming up on a daily reward of a green widow cover so that will help but I will still need one more green cover to make her truly useful. Spider-man is where I would put all my points normally but as you said with the impending nerf there's no reason to do that now until I know what it is. I also think there's a big difference between spider-man with 3 blue covers and 5.

It seems like Original Black Widow is very popular - is it worth investing in her since I have a full set of covers even knowing that at some point I'll want to transition to all 3 stars? Also, if I get one more BWGS green cover is it worth using hero points to get her to 5 green covers so she will be fully viable?

Thanks again for your help.
  • Don't put any ISO into your new Storm Classic or Thor, wait to see what the respec option will be and leave them at level 6. You have some nice options, if it was my team I would be trying to get BWGS up to 5 green ASAP as she is ready made to fight alongside the new Thor, and your current Thor build is perfect for her (as you won't be using Thors green with GSBW on board), that gives you 2 good offensive characters, to balance out the team I would throw Spiderman in there as your third, that should give you good damage on all colours as well.