Peter's Complete DDQ4 Strategy Guide - Tips for all Matchups

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zikato wrote:
    Beat Miles with 0 2 2 Gwen lvl 106, + 2 R/Y + All AP, nothing else. It took 9 tries, but finally I got lucky board. When I was at 24 red and he fired no power yet, I had a good feeling, it was confirmed when I had 30 red and only after that he fired his yellow, I fired my yellow twice and ended the game.

Btw, next fight is gonna be Nick Fury, it was confirmed in this thread, that they are moving him before XFW (probably buff to XFW)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43737

I definitely hope it's a buff for XFW!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took me 10 attempts with my lvl 120 1/3/4. First 8 attempts I was using +2 red/yellow, +2 blue/purple & 50% red/yellow. Several times I had him at lethal the next turn only for him to turn invisible and/or kill me. Got fed up and changed my boosts to +2 red/yellow, +2 all & +100% damage boost. The 9th attempt I had him on lethal again before I lost. Luckily the 10th was good, that was my last health pack too.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to stop playing this game for a while, but dagnamit, DDQ4 changed my mind.
    Level 90 0/2/1
    About 7 goes in total today, the last 3 with +2r/y, +50%r/y, +100%all.

First up for me was to deny red and gather as much as I could, then deny purple and gather yellow.
    He got a purple out, which took me several turns to match, but as I was building red still, that was OK. I was able to stop him getting much yellow until late on when I wanted him to use it, he fired that off, then I used my yellow to keep enough Web tiles out to drop 4 Cherry Bombs for the win at the point he had enough red to wipe me out.
  • Cousin Simpson
    CT1888 wrote:
    I was going to stop playing this game for a while, but dagnamit, DDQ4 changed my mind.
    Level 90 0/2/1
    About 7 goes in total today, the last 3 with +2r/y, +50%r/y, +100%all.

First up for me was to deny red and gather as much as I could, then deny purple and gather yellow.
    He got a purple out, which took me several turns to match, but as I was building red still, that was OK. I was able to stop him getting much yellow until late on when I wanted him to use it, he fired that off, then I used my yellow to keep enough Web tiles out to drop 4 Cherry Bombs for the win at the point he had enough red to wipe me out.

Aw nice, but bittersweet for me to hear because I sat this one out with my Gwenno is 0/1/1, with a red in the vault (and 60? tacos stockpiled).
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had an alliance mate complete this Crash with a L80 1/5/2. Not sure if they used boosts.
  • I beat Mags w/ Nick Fury this morning, with a level 115 3/2/5 Fury (took four tries), had to adapt the rec'd strategy a bit because my blue is so low:

- Did the rec'd boosts

- Denied red super aggressively (I basically died within a turn or two if he got the red off)

- Balanced between denying blue and aggressively collecting purple

In particular, if I was anywhere close to getting the purple countdown, I would let him get the blues -- because I could then steal it all back.

- Won because I got the purple off early-ish, which stole a bunch of blue, which let me do a double demolition (= he's more likely to trigger + lots of damage).

Was one turn away from him killing me w/ his red but managed to find a minor cascade which, thanks to the strike, took him out.

Fun match. Pulled an Ant Man yellow, bringing him to 3/0/3.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Not sure what the best way to manage the change in order is, so for the time being I'm just going to keep the original order in tact, but copy the info up above under "This Week's Crash".

Beat this one on my first try, and incredibly quickly too. Went offensive and grabbed purple immediately. CD resolved stealing 9 blue, fired demolition, and set up a match-4 with a trap tile in it for Magneto. One more match with my huge strike tile out was all it took from there. Didn't use any boosts. My Fury is still 112, but now 3/5/5.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi-Fi said we'd get a Wolverine fight Before the end of the month, so it should be on the 27th as Invisible Woman is on the 22nd...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those who don't know:
    If you can get your opponent to match two traps at once (or even match one and destroy another on the row with a match-4), the traps will explode twice.
  • Zikato
    Zikato Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    2/3/1 Nick Fury at 131. +2 all ap, + 2 B/P. About 7 tries, nothing special, blue once, yellow once, purple twice and got him. Denied TU when he had enough red.
  • Cousin Simpson
    The hardest thing about this was holding down the Level Up button to get Fury to 206 -- he's my next championing project. Took two tries, though, no boosts either time. First time I did a piss-poor job denying red and blue, but second time Mags only Polarized me once, and I got my purple out once, my blue out once (though the AI never matched any traps, and I matched one), but what did Mags in was the yellow -- I pretty much had all colors above the minimum threshold.

Yellow IW was my pull, which I sold immediately (she's 5/3/3).
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Fury (lvl 127 2/2/2) vs CMags 5/17/2016
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Hi Peter,

Pretty sure that IW's force bubbles no longer help QS. If I'm right probably need to adjust the strategy so people don't panic.

Also if that's the case now you can use force bubbles to lock in blue so QS can't match them.

Just a heads up.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Invisible Woman's force bubbles speed up Quicksilver only if she locks team up tiles.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Yeah, thanks guys. Took me 7 tries this time through because I was experimenting with the force bubbles/locked tiles, and BlackSheep is correct - if you lock a TU tile it accelerates QS's blue. Also, I HATE that IW creates more force bubbles with her blue than she eliminates with her green. At 5 covers she should just destroy all force bubbles. I also learned that if you use her green to destroy force bubbles, and destroying 1 force bubble also destroys a force bubble next to it, it simple disappears - it doesn't also remove the surrounding tiles. So if you have a locked tile that you are trying to get rid of you need to put 2 of your force bubbles next to it to make sure that you get it. On most attempts I found myself only certainly being able to eliminate 2 locked tiles at a time by placing 2 force bubbles next to each of them.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely felt way harder this time round, not helped by still only having 1 green
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    CT1888 wrote:
    Definitely felt way harder this time round, not helped by still only having 1 green

Yes it was painfully slow this time. Did QS have more health as well? (Only joking)

I really would like IW to be at 5/3/5 for this but unfortunately I'm at 5/3/2 and have essentially no damage abilities. at lvl168 IW only does 900 damage for 12 green.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like Wolverine is coming up.
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Did it with a level 120 XFW, covers are 4/5/4 and recommended boosts. Watch Cycs AP levels and hit him with surgical strike before he has enough red/black to use a skill.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Just did it now with a 3/5/5 level 106 XFW, pretty darn lucky board though. Managed to get 2 surgical strikes, 3 greens and 1 yellow to heal him to max (6k heal for my max 4k health wolvie lol). Cyc set his yellow off once but it didn't get any matches, so it just helped me tbh. First time too, won't ever get lucky with that again.
    I used +2 all colours, +2 black/? and 100% match damage.