anyone else think so? maybe another 2 2* guys as well...cause why not

my vote
    Jubilee
    Whirlwind
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    No.

No no no no NO and no PLEASE no.

There are 40 3* characters in the game, its as glutted enough as it is. If you need more characters, move onto 4* land. If you think 4* land is too difficult to get to if you've maxed your 3 roster out, lobby for it to get easier to get into 4* land.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Pretty sure they will make 4* easier to obtain, than create new 3*.
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I agree a Couple more 3stars like gambit and rogue would b nice but devs won't make them now as there into 5stars and the super whales ain't gonna pay £1000 a week for a new 3star icon_lol.gif
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    They have said many times before, they are done with making 3*s. There's already 40 of them in the game.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have suggested this many times before in other threads but I'll repeat it here.

To create new 1-3* characters, the best way is to remove the lazy versions. Why have two versions of the same character with the same abilities? If they wanted to scale the damage across the tiers then extend the champion levels. If Thor is mean to be available from level 15 through to 266, then drop the 3* and make it so you can champion level 2* all the way pass 144. In fact, have the end goal of 550 like balance of power. Every tier should have max champion at 550.

That will free up spots in the lower tiers for newer characters that doesn't have to be 4* or 5* (or even 6*).

For reference, there are also storm 1* and 3*, torch 2* and 3*, capt 2* and 3*, daken 2* and 3*. So space for a 1* and 4x between 2-3*.

edit: before you mention what about people that already have those characters that will be dropped? simply make them locked out and increase the sell price
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    I agree that I'd rather see 4*s get closer to 3* availability than see new 3*s. I've got every 3* but am now at the point where soon I may need to start dropping 3*s from my roster to make room for 4* covers. I can't see paying for a slot for a new 3* whom I'd probably end up never using or even ever having the ISO to devote to it.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    They've painted themselves into a corner with this tier system. For long term success they would've been better off making every character "viable" (by that I mean star levels do not=power level), but the star system being cover rarity only. Had they thought of that from the start they could've more evenly distributed the characters among the rarity tiers and simply added more as needed/wanted without hassle.

For instance Marvel Now Magneto would be a 2* rarity character still because it's the lesser known version of the character. Classic Magneto would be 5* version and much more rare to acquire, yet neither would be more "powerful" than the other. People would still chase 5* Magneto like crazy because of his popularity alone, but add in a fairly unique power set and they'd be just as driven as they are now.

1* Mac Gargon Venom-Not well known version so people won't chase
    3* Flash Thompson Venom-Current Venom, not as popular as Eddie Brock but has a fan base
    5* Eddie Brock Venom-Most popular version and people will chase, absolutely

Not every character would need 5 versions though. Multiple man, 2* character only. Mole man, 1*.
    Again, * only denotes rarity (popularity, really), not usefulness.

Anyway that's how I would've built the tier system.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    They should put the lazy versions in the Bag-Man dumpster and bring out 4 or 5 new 3*s with more effort added.
  • Jeffxm003
    Jeffxm003 Posts: 12
    I like 3* because you can get it and max it way more quickly than a 4* (have starlord still waiting for a 1 more ability bump to get max) other than that i have my devil dinosaur (272 cause i spent $ on the pack when he was there and then again to level him before they expired) Sure i have a lot of 4* but the logical move seems to be upgrade all my 3* so i can at least pump covers into all to make something out of nothing. Idk but i feel like im back in 2* limbo at the moment. Anyway just give me a Gambit god dammit and i'll be on my way!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just of the opinion that the 4* release schedule is too fast right now, and I'd relish anything that can be done to slow that.

The problems as have been already mentioned is the roster cost. Granted this issue has been mitigated some since it was capped at 1000HP, but it's still an issue that cripples player growth.

Someone else had suggested ages ago the idea of a free vault for players to keep characters they don't have space for. Once a week or so (as boosted characters change) give players a chance to rotate their active characters in or out of said vault. Pay some HP or Iso to rotate outside of that window.
  • Corven Ren
    Corven Ren Posts: 25
    They've painted themselves into a corner with this tier system. For long term success they would've been better off making every character "viable" (by that I mean star levels do not=power level), but the star system being cover rarity only. Had they thought of that from the start they could've more evenly distributed the characters among the rarity tiers and simply added more as needed/wanted without hassle.

For instance Marvel Now Magneto would be a 2* rarity character still because it's the lesser known version of the character. Classic Magneto would be 5* version and much more rare to acquire, yet neither would be more "powerful" than the other. People would still chase 5* Magneto like crazy because of his popularity alone, but add in a fairly unique power set and they'd be just as driven as they are now.

1* Mac Gargon Venom-Not well known version so people won't chase
    3* Flash Thompson Venom-Current Venom, not as popular as Eddie Brock but has a fan base
    5* Eddie Brock Venom-Most popular version and people will chase, absolutely

Not every character would need 5 versions though. Multiple man, 2* character only. Mole man, 1*.
    Again, * only denotes rarity (popularity, really), not usefulness.

Anyway that's how I would've built the tier system.

I too wish this is how they did it.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    For instance Marvel Now Magneto would be a 2* rarity character still because it's the lesser known version of the character. Classic Magneto would be 5* version and much more rare to acquire, yet neither would be more "powerful" than the other.

Then you have a bunch of new players starting the game with their 1* characters going "Who the tiny kitty are these guys?" and uninstalling pretty much straight away. That's why they made the 1* Spider-man, after all.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    If the embargo on 3*s drops, I'd like to see a character with decent Yellow and Purple active abilities, a character with Black and Blue active abilities (other than doom), and a character with red and pink active abilities (other than Daredevil.)

Those are the color combos lacking when I'm trying to pick a third character in 3* land.

I'd also like to see fewer ????? rows on Aesthetocyst's chart.
  • Spiritclaw
    OJSP wrote:
    I suppose it depends on your definition of decent. From the current ones that we've got, I would use these characters:

decent Yellow and Purple active : Squirrel Girl
    Black and Blue active abilities : Black Panther, Mystique or Psylocke
    red and pink active: Deadpool or GSBW

They're not the best, but they have their uses.

Squirrel Girls yellow is, in my opinion, never worth casting. Giving up a turn to get protect tiles is almost always a bad idea, and when the computer does it I can frequently match 2 of them away in the free turn he gives me. My mental file therefore list Squirrel Girl as a purple/green character.

Similarly, Black Panther and Psylocke's blues aren't generally helpful. Black/Yellow and Red/Black characters respectively.

On red/pink, you've totally got me. icon_e_smile.gif I think I was looking at the wrong box on my chart. I meant to say blue/purple rather than red/purple. Daredevil is in both boxes, which may have contributed to the screw up.

I probably under use Mystique, who could potentially fill two out of my three empty boxes. I have her and Doom mentally tagged as black/pink, and Mystique's blue seems like a less predictable version of Doom's blue, which isn't a power I can get excited about. Is it better than I'm thinking?
  • Spiritclaw
    Actually, I'm quite fond of Black Panther, it's just his blue power I don't like. If Luke Cage is wounded, Black Panther is the first character to take his place on teams that need black and yellow. Hood is in the black/yellow slot, too, but his low hit points require more thought in team composition, to give him some cover.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Razamataz wrote:
    I agree a Couple more 3stars like gambit and rogue would b nice but devs won't make them now as there into 5stars and the super whales ain't gonna pay £1000 a week for a new 3star icon_lol.gif

Even if you ignore the whales, the devs are not going to go out of their way to create 'content' that has already been rendered obsolete for a significant percentage of the playerbase, the only way they could add a new 3* would be a significant rewrite of the way the game works or making any additions being another ap battery like im40 or switch.