Another Ragnarok Event, Another Ragnarok Request

Options
MarcusGraves
MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Can we please get another column blow up added to Godlike Power at ranks 3 and 5? 14 green and 435 self damage to your team for only 2276 (plus little extra to front character from blow up) is still pathetic.

The little extra damage to front character from the extra column pops (plus some board shake) would help make him a more viable 3* choice since it would bring his damage little closer to Thor's green, but still be behind it in damage keeping in line the fact that he's literally a Thor clone.

Numbers to show how stupid wide the damage gap is:

-Rag: 6828 team damage + random damage variable from column pop to front character for 14 green + 1305 total team self damage.

-Thor 3*: 4518 damage to front target + 2259 to rest for a total of 9036 damage for 14 green, no penalties.

Comments

• laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    I think the consensus on these boards is that making him any stronger would only make him even more frustrating to fight in pve when he's overboosted. Same goes for all the other Dark Avengers.
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    I think the consensus on these boards is that making him any stronger would only make him even more frustrating to fight in pve when he's overboosted. Same goes for all the other Dark Avengers.

Not buffing a character just because they're a common enemy is the lamest excuse to use and I will never accept it as an actual reason, it's not the first time I've heard it and I think it's a really biased reason. Players were the same way when 2* Daken got his blue like the 3* version, while we did get a more dangerous enemy, we also as the players got a better 2* to use in our rosters and when we get to use a boosted 3/5/5 daken for a PvE he's pretty damn powerful with his healing and blue damage.

Rag isn't even that scary of a PvE enemy for people to get frustrated over, no green, no scary. If I had to rank threat level of the DA roster;
    1) Ares: everything does damage for low to mid costs, hard to avoid.
    2) Sentry: even though he's **** for players now, on AI still has 2 powers you don't wanna get hit by and a big fat strike tile (could also use a rework as well to be more viable for player use).
    3)Daken (2* and 3*): pushes through damage with PR, blue nuke can come outta nowhere and regen to cut through.
    4) Jugg: hard to stop powerful board shake and hard to stop hard hitting nuke on top of his fat HP pool.
    5) Rag: only in this spot because of his team damage, otherwise he would be lower on the list because red/blue are little to no threat.
    6)Moonstone: meh
    7) Bullseye 2*: just annoying
    8) Venom: meh
    9) Yelena: lol
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would place Moonstone above Ragnarok in terms of threat. Gravity Warp hits hard if you don't have a special to be moved, getting your best stuff Shifted away sucks hard, and Pew-Pew can be really nasty. Ragnarok, I've always left in the nuisance category. And due to that broken Headbutt damage scaling, I prioritize Juggs over Ares, though I won't really argue the actual ranking.
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    I would place Moonstone above Ragnarok in terms of threat. Gravity Warp hits hard if you don't have a special to be moved, getting your best stuff Shifted away sucks hard, and Pew-Pew can be really nasty. Ragnarok, I've always left in the nuisance category. And due to that broken Headbutt damage scaling, I prioritize Juggs over Ares, though I won't really argue the actual ranking.

I'm more scared of Ares just because he has a 3rd color over jugg and that all 3 of them are solid damage powers that bring the pain (and i've had chained on me).

and yeah, I could place MS over Rag because of her potential to push more damage through with her purple/red and forcing you to watch her black AP if you're using special tiles.

Rag really is just a low threat block of HP whose only color you need to control is green.