Are my 5 star covers screwing me?

King_Koopa54326
King_Koopa54326 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
edited May 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
During the past month or so, I've opened a five star spider man and Phoenix. Aside from the team cap/team stark event last week, PvP and story line fights have gotten ridiculously hard. I can't even finish the wilderness training of the simulator going on this week, because characters in the second to last fight are sitting at around 215 where my powered up characters aren't even at 200- I'm getting stomped. Is it because the five stars?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Gauntlet seems to just be ridiculously difficult this time, so I wouldn't be quite so fast to blame your fivestars.
  • Vyshus
    Vyshus Posts: 18
    It's not you, D3 screwed all of us. This gauntlet is trash and they know it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    yes, please don't do anything based on the scaling of this gauntlet, its borked for everyone.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    (1) hard to say without knowing your roster. But before the recent pve scaling/scoring tests, it wa entirely possible for a 1-cover 5* or two to ruin the scaling of 2* and 3* rosters. Its less clear now what is currently happening with scaling or what will eventually happen to scaling.

(2) this gauntlet implemented an unannounced scaling change and has been incredibly hard for everyone. So it's espcially hard to judge anything from this event. We just don't know what's going on.
  • King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    icon_eek.gif that's a lot of responses.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, good to know I'm not the only one getting pounded.
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Gauntlet aside, I've been having horrible scaling since I opened my two 5*s (Phoenix and Surfer). I actually let a Goblin go, because I had never played him before I didn't want to know what a third 5* would do my "Easy" levels without even knowing if he'd be worth it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    NovaFalcon wrote:
    Gauntlet aside, I've been having horrible scaling since I opened my two 5*s (Phoenix and Surfer). I actually let a Goblin go, because I had never played him before I didn't want to know what a third 5* would do my "Easy" levels without even knowing if he'd be worth it.

alas, goblin is better than surfer by a fair bit. In the short term having three 5*s would definitely have affected your scaling (especially if you used them in PVE frequently). But demiurge seems to be aware of this problem and is trying to fix it. We know that there will be a 4th PVE scoring/scaling test soon, and we know that all of the new scaling systems are trying to factor covers as well as levels. So I think the value of passing on 5*s has dropped considerably.