MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2016 Edition *Updated (05/31/16)

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Just realized that 4cyc got buffed for BoP and a boss event where he's not buffed.

*sad trombone* for my only maxed 4.

Actually, BoP is still "on" last week's buffed list - so Iceman, XFDP, etc. Cycke will be on the normal Season stuff, though you will in fact lose his Buff in the first PVE. Have fun with Unholy Outlaw! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    So it looks like War Machine will be released in Hearts of Darkness then?

Eh, still beats a 7 day event.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gauntlet up next?

Will this return of Gauntlet offer any form of compensation for the huge loss in game income it always brings with it?

For a 7 day Gauntlet event we get -if same as last run- 6 CP and an end prize of 25 CP.

For a normal 7 day event we get 14CP + 7 CP (if t10 each sub) and an end prize of 25 CP.

That's a loss of 15CP.

Compared to a run of a 3 and 4 day event it's a difference of 40CP. Or 2 classic LTs. Or 2 Cho Black covers for 2000ISO (being realistic here).

That's only the CP loss. The HP and ISO loss is far far worse.

I only took progression in account too. You lose even more when you take t10/100 prizes into account.

So will we get compensated during this run? Or are we once again going to have to suck it up?
  • Lboogie
    Lboogie Posts: 55
    War machine most likely won't be for hearts of darkness. Civil war part deux is set for 5/26. Hearts will end a whole week before. I'm sure it'll be the pve that ends on the 26th. I really hope ddq 4* resets after quake. My pun is good but I wanna get back to champing fours instead of nursing my new four stars
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    isnt Gauntlet a 7 day event it says it starts tomorrow *sunday

either that is a misprint or they are going to start running events starting on sunday instead of thursday
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Lboogie wrote:
    War machine most likely won't be for hearts of darkness. Civil war part deux is set for 5/26. Hearts will end a whole week before. I'm sure it'll be the pve that ends on the 26th. I really hope ddq 4* resets after quake. My pun is good but I wanna get back to champing fours instead of nursing my new four stars

That means they can give us ANOTHER 7 day new character release event. Who isn't excited at that prospect? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    isnt Gauntlet a 7 day event it says it starts tomorrow *sunday

either that is a misprint or they are going to start running events starting on sunday instead of thursday
    They start the next PvE while the Gauntlet is still running, expect things to be back to normal on Thursday.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ignore what I said about Gauntlet rewards because it's clear they meant us to not even get them.

Sim 12 is at 384 already for me and my ally's sim 24 is at....

They didn't turn level caps on or they changed it to 550 without telling anyone.

The words "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOSE" were never uttered more clearly
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Daiches wrote:
    Ignore what I said about Gauntlet rewards because it's clear they meant us to not even get them.

Sim 12 is at 384 already for me and my ally's sim 24 is at....

They didn't turn level caps on or they changed it to 550 without telling anyone.

The words "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOSE" were never uttered more clearly

Ponderous.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Is the boost list for the next week going to be posted soon?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *(05/10/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events, PVE events, Deadpool's Dailies & Weekly Buffs.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I just noticed that too, are we restarting already? What about poor X-force Wolvie?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    HxiiiK wrote:
    I just noticed that too, are we restarting already? What about poor X-force Wolvie?

He is poor for a reason they retracted his claws a little over a year ago.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's a mistake, there's no reason to skip him.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
      05/05/16 – 05/11/16 4* - Cyclops, Elektra, Miles Morales, Punisher 3* - Beast, Bullseye, Daredevil, Mystique, Squirrel Girl 2* - Black Widow, Wolverine 1* - Venom, Yelena Belova
      05/12/16 – 05/18/16 4* - The Hulk (Totally Awesome), Mr. Fantastic, Red Hulk, Spider-Gwen 3* - Blade, Cyclops, The Hood, Psylocke, The Punisher 2* - Magneto, Ms. Marvel 1* - Hawkeye, Storm

Have we done something bad to deserve these rather questionnable powered-up characters for the last 2 weeks? icon_eek.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    To be fair, with the featured characters for Versus events being:
    Thor - Lord of Thunder (huge health, self accelerating, potentially a lot of cascades and team damage if the match is prolonged..)
    Ragnarok - KRAKADOOM! (see above)
    Iron Fist - Fist Bump (3* Cyclops is boosted.. get ready to use a lot of health packs..)
    Luke Cage - Sticks and Stones (potentially long matches, probably many will use 3* Cyclops and IF.. at least She-Hulk's not boosted this week)

I really don't want to have to chew through a lot of health and making each match requiring health packs. The less powerful the 3*/4*s in the boosted list.. the better, I think.

For Story Mode, will the list cover the event after Meet Rocket and Groot? For that event, the boosted characters seem sufficient.. except the fact that we won't be able to use The Hood for some nodes in the first sub.
    Won't the event after Meet Rocket and Groot use the boost list for the following week which is still TBA? It seems we have Hearts of Darkness for the weekend, then Meet R&G early next week.
    Personally, I'm just happy Rulk is boosted. That should make most fights fairly easy.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Excellent! A restart of the DDQ Crash! I'm proud to have beaten every one of them for this second go-around. I should be able to win with Gwen, and I probably could have won with Quake as well, but yeah she only came out a few months ago, so it's good to wait on her. Drax, Pun and WS would have been way too soon.

And thanks for boosting Rhulk as well! He'll be great to use in PVP.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    So Fury is the next Crash (after Gwen)? Seems odd. I would have thought either Quake or if it started over for it to go back to XFW.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed. Was Fury a typo? Did you really mean Wolverine?
  • bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    What's the start date for Heart of Darkness?

If I remember correctly, that's a 3-day event. Will Monday be the start date, or the next event will be running in a different schedule than normal?