Sire of Stagnation

Options
Coconut99
Coconut99 Posts: 212
edited May 2016 in MtGPQ Tips & Guides
I cannot, for the life of me, get past this guy. Putting aside the 262hp, he keeps dropping 10/10 and 11/9 mythics left and right within the first two turns, and I can rarely even dent his hp.

For those who have gotten past him, what kind of deck did you use/what was the strategy?

Comments

• Coconut99
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Update: Apparently, posting for advice was all I needed to do! Got lucky right after this using Chandra; couple Embermaw Hellions, a Sure Strike at the right time, and just getting really lucky with the AI not managing to get out every single Mythic in its deck all on the first turn, like it had been doing every time before then. Got him down while only taking 15 damage in total. Would have been much easier if I'd gotten my Zada earlier on instead of 3/4 of the way through, but hey, just glad I got past him, finally.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Coconut99 wrote:
    I cannot, for the life of me, get past this guy. Putting aside the 262hp, he keeps dropping 10/10 and 11/9 mythics left and right within the first two turns, and I can rarely even dent his hp.

For those who have gotten past him, what kind of deck did you use/what was the strategy?

I used an OG Gideon deck with Scour from Existence, Smite the Monstrous and a buffed Consul's Lieutenant with Vigilance. Actually, I pretty much used that setup for every one of the new Story levels and none of them took me more than 2 tries.
  • Coconut99
    Options
    Hmm...good, I actually have all those. I'll keep that in mind if I get stuck continuing on; if I do, will just buy OG Gideon and built up a deck around that/those. Thanks,
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Coconut99 wrote:
    Hmm...good, I actually have all those. I'll keep that in mind if I get stuck continuing on; if I do, will just buy OG Gideon and built up a deck around that/those. Thanks,

OG = Original Gangsta aka The Original Gideon
  • Coconut99
    Options
    Yep. All I have at the moment is Nissa and Chandra. Waiting on Ob being crystal-buyable to get him (over Lilliana), and was/am still back-and-forth on whether to pick up Gideon1 or Gideon2...cost of Gideon2 might be the determining factor there, if I haven't gotten Gideon1 by that point. (Jace...probably going to wait and see what new blue PW comes out, unless/until it seems like I need to grab him to keep going.)
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    cant remember what boss is that one

but i beat MOST of my story challenges with a Old gideon deck using the support that spawns 4/4 angels, a ton of supports and helm of the gods and shrouding mist

it took a while since they have tons of mana and tons of hp and tons of mythics but once i could get a 12/12 angel with first strike the game was pretty much over