finally pulled a 5*and I'm angry

Options
2»

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    adamdivine wrote:
    I'm not soft capping on purpose, just leveling my guys evenly and 130 is just where I'm at. Once everyone is at 130, I will go up
    That is the very definition of soft capping, and sounds like you are doing it on purpose.

Leveling his characters evenly is not soft capping, having a breadth of characters is sensible for pve even if championing doesn't encourage that approach due to cover expiry dates.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used to be an even-leveler. I'd bring my "A" listers up to 140, then work on the "B" listers for a while, then back to the "A" listers, etc. My "A" team was up to 145 I think when the champion update hit. Was that soft capping? I dunno. I didn't think of it that way. Having a small number of 166 and everyone else 30, 40 levels below struck me as unwise given the realities of PVE scaling.

With the champion update, I abandoned even leveling and just started bringing the "A" guys straight to 166 as soon as I had the ISO, and championed them ASAP. I actually like it better this way. You don't rely solely on your weekly boosted characters any more, i.e. Magneto, Cyclops, Steve, Kamala are perfectly useful whether they're boosted or not. So maybe I had it wrong all along.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    FWIW I mainly play PVP.

I believe they've stated that the top level only affects PVE.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought soft capping and even leveling were different. I thought soft capping was keeping your guys at an artificially low level permanently.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    finally pulled another 4*blue baglady and I'm angry icon_mad.gif

What a waste of 20cp.
  • gumsoul
    Options
    Im not what you would call a "competitive player." Im around my 700th day, and have 47 characters on my roster, which includes about 6 champion 3*s , a 5* Phoenix, and OML has 2 covers, about 12 low level 4*s, and the rest are 3*s that range from 120-130. I stock pile boosts and health packs, and now hero points. Tokens and iso i spend almost immediately. And i have never once spent real money on this game. When i want to win an event, i do. But mostly the rewards don't justify the time and effort.

That said, the game had never lost its challenge level. Sometimes its a little too hard in pve events, and some pvp rosters that have maxed out 4*s are all i can find to fight. But if i shield properly or milk pve nodes at right times, i can place top 25.

But i would welcome any 5* character, regardless of what kind of impact it may have to gameplay. I learned during the 2* stage that i should have never sold the 3*s i had while i was stuck with mostly 1*s. I understand the strategy of saving tokens, but personally i would lose interest if i didn't get rewarded daily for my efforts.

Its very interesting to me how and why people play the game. I like to collect my favorite characters and max them out. But i also recognize the importance of using characters i dont like to enhance my team strength.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was soft capped at 140 when I got my first OML cover, and to be fair my scaling wasn't noticeably affected.

It was a red cover, and I've yet to play a single game with it because I'd read that his HP just tanks. However, Sucked it up and kept it. If I pulled yellow I would use it - but from my experience single cover 5*'s regardless of colour are a pvp target.

I've since collected a further OML red and 2 Blackspider greens. Scaling seems fine. But I have championed 10 3's and my average level is now 188 for my top 10 or 168 for top 20 including the two 5*'s lvl 255.

In my opinion, I'd roster it but not use it and start boosting your 3's. Holding back at 130 isn't going to help you.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    adamdivine wrote:
    I'm not soft capping on purpose, just leveling my guys evenly and 130 is just where I'm at. Once everyone is at 130, I will go up
    That is the very definition of soft capping, and sounds like you are doing it on purpose.
    I'm not always "in the know" on all the terminology around here, but I thought soft-capping was leaving guys low when you have iso to level them. if he's using all his iso and leveling evenly, that is completely different than taking guys to 94 or 120 and leaving them there even when you're sitting on iso. big difference. its just a leveling strategy that is smart, but not 'cheating the sytsem' in my book - not like leaving guys 120 permanently. I used a tiering system, which was much better for pvp and still effective enough for pve, but not perfectly optimal for pve scaling.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just pulled a second OML. So pissed. I don't want these 5*'s!!!!! I want to build my 3's and 4's. I originally tried rostering the first oml and the scaling was just as bad as everyone says. Sold after one try at story and one vs. Now after putting in the time to get top progression in story, I pull another one. So frustrated and angry. Please fix this issue!! I want a 4* only token. I would even pay extra
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    adamdivine wrote:
    Just pulled a second OML. So pissed. I don't want these 5*'s!!!!! I want to build my 3's and 4's. I originally tried rostering the first oml and the scaling was just as bad as everyone says. Sold after one try at story and one vs. Now after putting in the time to get top progression in story, I pull another one. So frustrated and angry. Please fix this issue!! I want a 4* only token. I would even pay extra
    There is no issue to be fixed. You are evenly leveling your characters to keep your scaling down, you opened a token with a chance at a character that was twice the level of all your other characters. Obviously that would screw up your carefully planned leveling scheme. Either deal with the increase in scaling, or don't open the token.

The only thing broken here is your expectations.
  • anyway.. is frustrating on pvp .. having a full 3* team.. most of them at 166 or higher, fight against teams with full 4* - 5* ... at leat paired with people of the same level... i think (sorry, my english must be the worst english in the history of languaje)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    adamdivine wrote:
    There is no issue to be fixed. You are evenly leveling your characters to keep your scaling down, you opened a token with a chance at a character that was twice the level of all your other characters. Obviously that would screw up your carefully planned leveling scheme. Either deal with the increase in scaling, or don't open the token.

The only thing broken here is your expectations.
    Seconded. If you are still building the 3* roster there's no rush to build up 4*. Save the legendary tokens until you are more or less done with the 3* and open the legendaries then.
  • gumsoul
    gumsoul Posts: 4
    Options
    Saving tokens are hard.