how to embed a URL in your signature on the forums[a guide]

Options
Salgy
Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
typically when i notice a link in someones signature, whether it is a roster link, a facebook link for friends, a link to their alliances chat, whatever that is not html coded i have pm'd the user to show them what i am about to share with y'all... lately, there have been so many (i blame gamependium's popularity icon_e_biggrin.gif ) that i can't even remember who i have shared this with and who i've missed...

so, i'm going into this assuming that everyone knows how to create a signature to begin with... that's the "hard" part, linking to a website is easy...

in your editor,type the following:

[url=http://www.WHATEVERWEBSITE.com) words you want to appear[/url)
***replacing both the ) at the end with a ] will make this work***

whateverwebsite is literally that... whatever webpage you are trying to link to... go to the same place you were copying and pasting the web address from and just add the [url= before it

you can also keep typing before the [url or after after the /url] if you do not want the whole sentence to appear... like so

Check out my awesome [url=www.WEBSITE.com) Roster[/url*

my awesome [url=www.WEBSITE.com) Roster[/url* on gampendium

or even chain code together:

Check out my awesome [url=www.WEBSITE.com) Roster[/url* || [url=http://mpq.gamependium.com/) Get your own![/url)

live examples:
Check out my awesome [/url]Roster or

Check out my awesome Roster || Get your own!

when in doubt, that preview button will make that ultimate difference between glory eternal and abject failure, so use it!

*mods move this topic to wherever it needs to go, i just didn't see a forum tips/guides section...

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This thread hasn't had any activity for a while now. Unstickied.
    I've added it to the Tips and Guides Index so that it can still be found somewhere.