What just happened?

Options
2»

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dimit wrote:
    Yeah these accounts need to be shut down ASAP. Ridiculous, some guy has 1378 in my ladder, 2nd place is 400-something.

Looks like I'm in your bracket too lol. Honestly though, for all we know this person could be stuck in a hospital bed all day and this is what they do.

Would be nice if devs confirmed that there is/isn't an issue with cheating in their game though.
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    Not only is it important that they address this to help the honest players, they need to do it to not encourage more players to find other ways to do this.
  • dimit
    dimit Posts: 6
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    Honestly though, for all we know this person could be stuck in a hospital bed all day and this is what they do.

Yeah and on IV Adderall icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Hydroxph
    Hydroxph Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been pvping a lot in the current quick battle, while I watch the magic pro tour and pax east online.

I finally made it up to 1st, and I was 1st for around an hour. Then I drop to 2nd, and think I've just been passed and the next person will be right ahead of me.

I load up the leaderboard. What do I see?

1st place is 80 points ahead of me.

I play another game.

Now 1st place is 160 points ahead of me.

I assume someone is cheating somehow.

You have to remember the battles are not in real time.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hydroxph wrote:
    You have to remember the battles are not in real time.

The standings should be in quasi-real time though. When you win a match doesn't it update the rankings and send you back your place? That is how it appears to be to me. Although on the very first QB I was in first place all day then someone came in and beat me even though it said I had 1st place when I finished my last game with 17 seconds left in the match and he tied me on points (assuming he won just one more match in that 17 seconds).
  • rulerhumankind
    Options
    I am really disappointed that this is still going on, and the fact that there are some people who are still experiencing the battle a level 1 planeswalker, giving them a decided advantage in this weekends planeswalker quick battle. I can't believe they are using a new Planeswalker as a reward this weekend while this is still going on. I would have been ok with it if the reward was not that hard to achieve, since there will always be people breaking and abusing a game, but when the reward is for only the top 0.4% (10 people in a 2500 bracket), it only accentuates the problem. I just hope there is another way to get this new planeswaker when the dust settles.
  • psychocrash
    psychocrash Posts: 11
    Options
    I have a similiar situation in my bracket. I've got screen shots of someone scoring 156 points in 32 minutes. I'd really like to know what's going on.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    I have a similiar situation in my bracket. I've got screen shots of someone scoring 156 points in 32 minutes. I'd really like to know what's going on.

26 wins in 32 minutes. ~1:15 minutes per win. [sarcasm]Seems likely[/sarcasm]. I don't even know if I can load and exit a game in 1:15 on average.