Decktester.com: SOI update is live! (8/11/2016)

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    Good job Meto!
    Anyways I found something not working as you would expect.
    If you select multiple colors the filter shows only cards of both colors not also cards of one of the chose colors.
    In my opinion it would be better showing both result(both colors and any of the chosen colors)

Also pretty sure it has been asked but....
    Any chance of deck building addition? Even with no permanent save, just code generation for forum link would be great!

Edit: also I think adding vampire as creature filter would be good. While there is no direct sinergy given by the creature type in itself most of them are built around life drain effect a very specific theme around which you can build the deck.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Morphis wrote:
    Anyways I found something not working as you would expect.
    If you select multiple colors the filter shows only cards of both colors not also cards of one of the chose colors.
    In my opinion it would be better showing both result(both colors and any of the chosen colors)
    The next small version will have the option to choose Cards that match All or Any of the selected options (currently the only way to search is for Cards matching "All" of the selected options). The other guy who works on the site with me is rebuilding the search logic from the ground up but we should hopefully have something in the next week or so.
    Morphis wrote:
    Also pretty sure it has been asked but....
    Any chance of deck building addition? Even with no permanent save, just code generation for forum link would be great!
    Deckbuilding and hopefully Inventory Management is due to be implemented in the next big release but I don't have a timetable for that. We're going to be incorporating the site into a more User focused CMS so that people will be able to create decks, manage their cards, and my hope is that we can turn Decktester into a community that people use for more than just a general card reference. It's a big next step and there's a lot that will be going into it.
    Morphis wrote:
    Edit: also I think adding vampire as creature filter would be good. While there is no direct sinergy given by the creature type in itself most of them are built around life drain effect a very specific theme around which you can build the deck.
    I think I'm going to leave the current subtype filters as is for right now. Eventually there will be an easy way to search for ANY subtype but until then I'd like to just list subtypes that have a direct link to the game. If you're interested I've uploaded a google doc with every creature type and its associated ID. For example, the associated subtype ID for Vampire is "23" so if you followed this link: http://decktester.com/Cards?subtypes=23 you'd get a list of every card with the Vampire subtype. There's 83 distinct Subtypes at the moment.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Just want to let you know that when I searched for BFZ Black Rares, Brood Butcher didn't show up. And if it's not supposed to show up cause it's not released yet then you should remove March from the Tomb too.

In any case, great job with the site!
  • ShawnP1
    ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Is this site still being updated? I am curious with Oath coming out and possible new Planeswalkers, I would like to see a Planeswalkers section added; it would be useful.
  • Meto5000
    ShawnP1 wrote:
    Is this site still being updated? I am curious with Oath coming out and possible new Planeswalkers, I would like to see a Planeswalkers section added; it would be useful.

The answer is maybe.
  • ShawnP1
    Meto5000 wrote:
    ShawnP1 wrote:

The answer is maybe.

Yay! You're alive! For a moment there I feared the worse, lol. Not trying to pressure you but I really like that website. Its incredibly useful.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    ShawnP1 wrote:
    Meto5000 wrote:
    ShawnP1 wrote:

The answer is maybe.

Yay! You're alive! For a moment there I feared the worse, lol. Not trying to pressure you but I really like that website. Its incredibly useful.

Yes, I second that. Thank you for the hard work you have already done.
  • Meto5000
    OGW update is live!
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Meto5000 wrote:
    OGW update is live!
    YAAAAS!
  • ShawnP1
    Thanks once again Meto!
  • Morphis
    For the color it looks like checking 2 colors tries to get cards of both colors and not any of the 2 colors.
    Think I pointed out already in another topic and you replied you were going to give chance for "and" / "or" logics.

I figured out only now though that the only logic that makes sense(at least for now) for color is the or logic.

Single color pwalkers can run dual color card.
    Dual color pwalker can run dual color card.

So if I am filtering a color, blue for example, there is no reason i would want blue/white cards to be excluded.
    Think this change should take like... 10 minutes max?
    (literally changing an "and" to an "or")

That said, Tnx for the good work icon_e_wink.gif
  • Meto5000
    Morphis wrote:
    For the color it looks like checking 2 colors tries to get cards of both colors and not any of the 2 colors.
    Think I pointed out already in another topic and you replied you were going to give chance for "and" / "or" logics.

I figured out only now though that the only logic that makes sense(at least for now) for color is the or logic.

Single color pwalkers can run dual color card.
    Dual color pwalker can run dual color card.

So if I am filtering a color, blue for example, there is no reason i would want blue/white cards to be excluded.
    Think this change should take like... 10 minutes max?
    (literally changing an "and" to an "or")

That said, Tnx for the good work icon_e_wink.gif

Check out our Site News for information about upcoming features and releases. The search and/or operation is a lot more complicated than just changing an operator, but we're very very close to releasing the functionality you're talking about! We had to rewrite our custom search from scratch and hopefully will be able to release by the end of next week (hopefully sooner, but a 10 month old daughter who becomes a screaming banshee after 7PM can sometimes lead to delays)
  • ShawnP1
    Meto nice work and thanks, for such an excellent website. And I just want to say to anyone who doesn't realize this, coding can be very tricky at times. I've been working on an RPG for a while now and I just got it so the enemy can summon creatures and they stay on the battlefield without the game crashing. Now I just need to work out a plot. This will take a while lol.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starting to use your site more and more now lol. Can you add "fetch" to the glossary?
  • Meto5000
    Malcrof wrote:
    Starting to use your site more and more now lol. Can you add "fetch" to the glossary?

Yarr, I started a list of terms I think would be useful to add; can you or anyone else think of anything else that would be good to include as well?
    • Fetch
    • Discard
    • Attacking
    • Blocking
    • Casting/Auto-Casting
    • Creatures
    • Spells
    • Supports
    • Support Shields
    • Exile
    • Loyalty
    • Loyalty Gems
    • Planeswalker (Leveling, Healing, Casting)
    • Reinforce
  • Morphis
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Yarr, I started a list of terms I think would be useful to add; can you or anyone else think of anything else that would be good to include as well?
    • Fetch
    • Discard
    • Attacking
    • Blocking
    • Casting/Auto-Casting
    • Creatures
    • Spells
    • Supports
    • Support Shields
    • Exile
    • Loyalty
    • Loyalty Gems
    • Reinforce

firat one that comes to mind: Activate.

Can be abused with gem destructions so could be a theme to build a deck around.

Also I do not know if you want to add categories for thing recurring but not properly keywords...
    If that's the case also could add:
    - when you gain life
    - when you take damage(2 cards only so far)
    - when (this) creature dies
    - when (this) creature comes into play

The latter cannot be that much abused right now(only mass AOE bounce can return your own creatures to hand) but in future... Who knows.
  • Sinslayer5
    Sinslayer5 Posts: 45
    Meto5000 wrote:
    • Fetch
    • Discard
    • Attacking
    • Blocking
    • Casting/Auto-Casting
    • Creatures
    • Spells
    • Supports
    • Support Shields
    • Exile
    • Loyalty
    • Loyalty Gems
    • Reinforce
    • Draw
    • Destroy
    • Return
    • Remove
  • Morphis
    For better clarity and correctness the hexproof glossary is wrong.

It should be "cannot be targeted by enemy spells and abilities" as in game description.

In some cases your description correctly describes the actual behaviour but in some other do not.

So you could as well remain loyal to original description.
    Maybe they will fix it to actually wok based on that description in the future.
  • Meto5000
    Shadows Over Innistrad update is live on Decktester!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Shadows Over Innistrad update is live on Decktester!

You rock!!