New Characters in the upcoming event

Options
Karass
Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
edited April 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Well, looking at https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=43442 we can assume we're getting three new characters,
namely
Steve Rogers (first Avengers) and Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) for team Cap,

and a new Ironman (mark XLVI)

So, what of the slots? Freebies? Are they gonna make the upcoming civil war event like they did the Galactus one, and have us run it three times in a row for each covers??

Let's hope we also get a precis of their abilities soon...

Let the predictions and grinding begin :p

Comments

• aeiouous
    aeiouous Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think Cap is going to get some AOE like Ricocheting Shield, a utility ability called like "Stand with me" or "Valient Leader" It's fun to speculate :3
    I just want cap to have some more offense. Bucky's abilities are already known/spoiled, and as for Iron Man? I have no idea icon_razz.gif Team Cap!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The abilities on 5* cap/IM and Winter Soldier are described in the Marvel.com article
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Winter Soldier looks like the most interesting of the new characters (though we haven't seen final numbers, which might change everything). Targeted ap theft is really good. His other two powers are countdows, which is irritating, but they are also better than other CD powers in that the design is do X if resolved, and Y if matched away. So it will be harder to get absolutely nothing from using either blue or red.

IM46 also looks interesting, but I want to see exactly how his powers work.

5*cap and war machine didn't sound great from the descriptions.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is suppose to be a FAQ posted today about the event. Bucky is given out for the Hulk event, civil war runs will have extra prizes, rumor has it a 5* token will be released, oh and we will get War Machine at the end of the month
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    There is suppose to be a FAQ posted today about the event. Bucky is given out for the Hulk event, civil war runs will have extra prizes, rumor has it a 5* token will be released, oh and we will get War Machine at the end of the month

So roughly one new release per week? *_*;;
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:

So roughly one new release per week? *_*;;
    Not really. Winter Soldier and War Machine are the traditional releases. Winter Soldier is, of course, right now through the Hulk story event. They haven't announced exactly how War Machine is to be released. He's not mentioned as part of the Civil War first event run. My guess is there will be a story event following Civil War one, and he'll be released during that to be usable during Civil Was run two.
    The other two characters are 5 star, and not traditional releases. They'll be available once the Civil War event starts. They will each be separate in unique Legendary draws (so now there are event Legendary tokens). That is, there's a Team Captain Legendary token and a Team Iron Man Legendary token. And alliances have to really decide what they're doing beforehand to get through it, because splitting efforts will mean lesser rewards.