Which 3star character should I focus on

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I have each of the 3star characters but don't know who should I level to make a 3star team. Thanks for the help

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could you give us a little less information?
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Haha sorry about that! I have like 9 covers of each 3star characters but C Mag and DD only 2 covers of each on of them. And I would like to make a 3star team because I'm starting to loose a lot using 2star characters and wanted to make a good them with 3stars but I don't know which 3star characters are good to make a team. Thanks!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Joseal55 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Haha sorry about that! I have like 9 covers of each 3star characters but C Mag and DD only 2 covers of each on of them. And I would like to make a 3star team because I'm starting to loose a lot using 2star characters and wanted to make a good them with 3stars but I don't know which 3star characters are good to make a team. Thanks!

Could you list all of the characters with what covers you have for them?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Currently spider man, patch, magneto.

But Spider-Man and magneto are on the cards for adjustment.

Of the characters not lined up for treatment, patch, hood, Loki. Though you can replace hood with hulk if spider man gets really burned as stuns are the only safe way to fight hulk.
  • I have the same question.

My 3*** characters are:

Spidey 0/3/0
    Loki 1/1
    Hulk 5/1/3
    Doom 3/0
    Punisher 1/2/3
    Ragnarok 1/1
    W Patch 0/1/3
    Hood 2/0/0
    IM Mark 40 1/0/0
    C Magneto 1/0/0
    D D 1/0/0

Which of these characters should I invest? I would like to make a team with Hulk.
  • Dayv
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:

Of the characters not lined up for treatment, patch, hood, Loki. Though you can replace hood with hulk if spider man gets really burned as stuns are the only safe way to fight hulk.
    I have to disagree. I hate Patch. I don't have enough Magneto to make him decent, so he's not in my usual lineup.

I run 5/3/5 GSBW, 3/5/5 Spidey, and 5/1/3 Hulk, and they do pretty well. I think a good way to go is to pick a nearly maxed-cover character you enjoy and start working on good complements to them. GSBW was the first 3* I got in decent quantity, so I started with her. Add the 3* characters you're ready to try out to your heavy 2* teams while you continue prepping your 3* roster.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

I have to disagree. I hate Patch. I don't have enough Magneto to make him decent, so he's not in my usual lineup.

I run 5/3/5 GSBW, 3/5/5 Spidey, and 5/1/3 Hulk, and they do pretty well. I think a good way to go is to pick a nearly maxed-cover character you enjoy and start working on good complements to them. GSBW was the first 3* I got in decent quantity, so I started with her. Add the 3* characters you're ready to try out to your heavy 2* teams while you continue prepping your 3* roster.

I´m in the same train is your. rocking 5/3/4 90 gsw, 3/5/3 90 spidey. What I lack is a third char, preferably a bruiser, that can take some damage. How is the hulk treating you? I´ve been having to make do with a 5/5/3 thor, but after nerf, I need someone that hits harder..
  • Dayv
    Options
    Perdidodf wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

I´m in the same train is your. rocking 5/3/4 90 gsw, 3/5/3 90 spidey. What I lack is a third char, preferably a bruiser, that can take some damage. How is the hulk treating you? I´ve been having to make do with a 5/5/3 thor, but after nerf, I need someone that hits harder..
    The Hulk is a good but not great complement to GSBW. I hate his red because of the green drain and potential AoE self-damage, so my intended build is 5/3/5. On offense, I only use his green situationally, when I need an attack or board shakeup immediately too much to keep building towards Sniper Rifle. On defense, I imagine the AI uses it more often, and I'm ok with that because the AI is not good at building to Sniper Rifle deliberately. His red and green matches hit far harder than GSBW because of her weird color build, so he stays in front reasonably well to soak damage and trigger Anger.

If GSBW does drop, he steps in and takes over the damage-dealing role while Spidey continues support. He and Spidey have good color synergy so this backup plan for BW squishiness has saved me more than once.

If they ever rework GSBW to make her match damage the same as her skills, I may have to rethink this team build.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Perdidodf wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

The Hulk is a good but not great complement to GSBW. I hate his red because of the green drain and potential AoE self-damage, so my intended build is 5/3/5. On offense, I only use his green situationally, when I need an attack or board shakeup immediately too much to keep building towards Sniper Rifle. On defense, I imagine the AI uses it more often, and I'm ok with that because the AI is not good at building to Sniper Rifle deliberately. His red and green matches hit far harder than GSBW because of her weird color build, so he stays in front reasonably well to soak damage and trigger Anger.

If GSBW does drop, he steps in and takes over the damage-dealing role while Spidey continues support. He and Spidey have good color synergy so this backup plan for BW squishiness has saved me more than once.

If they ever rework GSBW to make her match damage the same as her skills, I may have to rethink this team build.

Hulk is a strange character in that he is very weak offensively, but is a defensive monster: just having a high level hulk on your team will deter people from attacking you due to anger being extremely annoying.
  • Spider-man is a must in his current state. However, if you haven't trained him up yet, you could be on the cautious side and see how much he gets nerfed.

Out of all the other good 3* that are easy to use, I recommend Punisher, Magneto, and Black Widow. Punisher can fit into any kind of lineup really, and Black Widow can stand her own with her purple generating green AP for her snipe. Magneto is still the same old board clearer plus nice damage with his purple too.

Then Hulk and Hood have some nice usage.

As mentioned above, you want some kind of plan for Patch Wolvie. If you insert him into a random roster, he might do more harm than good. I would not level him up until you have a nice solid team. Or, you can level him up with Loki if yours have many black covers.

I would not waste ISO into Ragnarok, Doom, and Iron Man at the moment. I also don't know much about Daredevil, so play the waiting game on him.
  • My team right now Is Hulk lvl 93, patch lvl 94 and Spidey lvl 100. I think this team works very well.. Hulk is kind of useless but he is a) a deterrent and b) a green AP generator for patch. If someone makes the mistake of damaging my hulk with punisher or ares group attack, he can flood the field with greens, and patch can immediately counter. Even on defense this works. You add stun-lock and you can kill anyone, literally. If spidey gets super-****, you can always bring in IM40, BWGS or Punisher.