Affiliations: Team Cap & Team Iron Man *Updated (05/02/16)

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    David/Hi-Fi: In the game, all the variants of Spider-Man are listed with an affiliation of Team Iron Man, and Spider-Gwen is listed with Team Cap, but the Spideys don't show up on your list at all. Can we get clarification?
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    What a difference a day makes.

We know
    - Winter Solider confirmed
    - Iron Man has another iteration, Mark XLVI (5*?)
    - Cap has another iteration, First Avenger (4* or 5*?)

Ostensibly, three new characters, at least one of them 5* unless they've decided to double up on a character within a tier (IM Hulkbuster would displace Mk XLVI in 4*).

Or - are the Cap/IM characters strictly loaners? Are they Gorgon-status? You get to use them but not own them, only using your owned characters as a supplement to their abilities?

If that's the case, what's the point of powering up lesser versions of the characters? Why would 2* cap matter in the slightest when you're fielding a loaner 5* cap?
  • They're not loaners. Cap and Iron Man 5* are releasing with this event.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    This list of affiliations was provided by Demiurge this morning. It should be accurate relating to upcoming in-game events.

Regarding a well-known character's omission from the list - more will be revealed soon.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Bossblack wrote:
    Why is the number of the characters so different for both teams? It seems like Team Iron Man has way less characters??

probably due to having:

Hawkeye (all 2 versions)
    Human torch (all 2 versions)
    Falcon (all 2 versions)
    Himself (all 20 versions)
    Storm (all 60 versions)
    Wolverine (all 9837507307501740987210 versions)

So lots of names on the teams, but too many will be too busy changing costumes left and right to actually fight

Except, no.

Team Cap - 36
    Ant-Man
    Blade
    Cyclops
    Daredevil
    Deadpool
    Devil Dino
    Drax
    Elektra
    Gamora
    Ghost Rider
    Hawkeye
    Howard The Duck
    Human Torch
    Iceman
    Invisible Woman
    Iron Fist
    Jean Grey
    Kamala Khan
    Luke Cage
    Magneto
    Nova
    Psylocke
    Punisher
    Quicksilver
    Rocket & Groot
    Sam Wilson
    Scarlet Witch
    Squirrel Girl
    Star Lord
    Steve Rogers
    Storm
    Thing
    Thor
    Winter Soldier
    Wolverine
    X-23

Team Iron Man - 22
    Ares
    Beast
    Black Panther
    Black Widow
    Black Widow (OBW)
    Captain Marvel
    Colossus
    Cyclops
    Hulk
    Hulk (Cho)
    Iron Man
    Jean Grey
    Mr. Fantastic
    Nick Fury
    Professor X
    Quake
    Ragnarok
    Red Hulk
    Sentry
    She-Hulk
    Silver Surfer
    Vision

Removing variants you end up with 36 vs 22. And that's being kind since I'm counting the Hulks and BWs as separate, which I really shouldn't since you can only use one of them at a time. This is stupidly unbalanced.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the clarification on the list, David.

FYI for everyone: I've updated the MPQ Affiliations Google spreadsheet (originally linked in this thread) to match the official listing in this post. I've bolded all the buffed characters (like Hi-Fi did) for the first run, and I've highlighted in blue any characters with Team Cap or Team Iron Man affiliations listed in game but not listed in this post.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]This list of affiliations was provided by Demiurge this morning. It should be accurate relating to upcoming in-game events.

Regarding a well-known character's omission from the list - more will be revealed soon.

6* Iron Spider confirmed!
    More like though. He switched sides half way through.
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]This list of affiliations was provided by Demiurge this morning. It should be accurate relating to upcoming in-game events.

Hopefully a buff will be announced for this omitted character when the details arrive. (Pretty sure he's talking about a certain web head)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    More like though. He switched sides half way through.
    That occurred to me as well.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Calnexin wrote:
    Or - are the Cap/IM characters strictly loaners? Are they Gorgon-status? You get to use them but not own them, only using your owned characters as a supplement to their abilities?

If that's the case, what's the point of powering up lesser versions of the characters? Why would 2* cap matter in the slightest when you're fielding a loaner 5* cap?

There are actually two different versions each for Cap and Tony. There are the 5*s that will be earnable in some fashion and "boss" versions that are similar but have some of their powers tweaked to make them more threatening. It doesn't look like there will be loaners at all, you'll just have essential nodes in the same vein as Galactus' and Ultron's events.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice to see Chaka Khan taking time Out of her busy schedule of writing classic 80s music to join team iron man. Ain't nobody does it better
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Removing variants you end up with 36 vs 22. And that's being kind since I'm counting the Hulks and BWs as separate, which I really shouldn't since you can only use one of them at a time. This is stupidly unbalanced.

Looking at the comics and the movie, in the movie it looks like Spidey comes in late and we all know the side he picks due to the trailer. In the comics Thor shows up late too, and I don't see him in this list either.

It looks like team Iron Man is also missing a buffed 3*. Curious icon_e_surprised.gif
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Additionally, each side will have their own set of Powered-Up heroes. Heroes are only Powered-up when they are fighting on their side.

Does this imply I can use oml with team ironman and hulkbuster with team cap and the only penalty being the character not being boosted
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Team Iron Man:
      Black Panther (T’Chaka)

Are we getting a new Black Panther?!?!?! icon_e_surprised.gif
    • Eddiemon
      Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
      STOPTHIS wrote:
      Looking at the comics and the movie, in the movie it looks like Spidey comes in late and we all know the side he picks due to the trailer. In the comics Thor shows up late too, and I don't see him in this list either.

It looks like team Iron Man is also missing a buffed 3*. Curious icon_e_surprised.gif

I don't believe Thor shows up at all for Civil War. I think he may still have bee dead from Ragnarok in Avengers disassembled. That's why they could make Clor and get away with it.
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      Obviously it's difficult to make a concrete choice without looking at numbers, but the preview of 5* IM powers seem to be significantly better than 5* Cap.

I'm not convinced on Cap's Yellow. The combination of countdown tiles and ending the turn is a significant liability. Sure, your opponent is unlikely to match them all away at once (there's always JG Purple) but it does feel like you're probably not going to get the full effect.
      His Blue doesn't inspire me either. I understand giving up the potential damage for an instant payout, but the addition of the burst heal makes me think that the damage output is not going to be as high as it probably should be. Also, burst healing? on a 5*? What is this, bush week?
      Red is probably ok. I'm assuming it creates a Protect tile, which I think make it the first Red ability to do that.

Meanwhile Tony's Red seems to be a straight forward Red ability. My only question is in the wording. It currently says "bonus damage for each Team Iron Man character in the player’s team" - and Iron Man is a card carrying member of Team Iron Man. So does this ability always get at least 1 team member's worth of bonus damage? Or should it read "...for each other Team Iron Man character..."? I assume the later, but who knows?
      On to Girl Friday. I was going to write this off at first, since it removes Red, which you want for your nuke - and why would you do that? Then I realised the key phrase is "after the board settles" - this ability can be used to double tap on cascades; the first step is to convert tile colours - any matches will deal damage and generate AP - then after the board settles the second step is to destroy all basic Red tiles - this does not generate AP but will still deal damage.
      Yellow is another case of interesting wording. It seems like it's designed to allow match damage through but nullify enemy abilities. It's also currently worded to only protect Iron Man, not sure if that's intentional or not.
    • STOPTHIS
      STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
      Eddiemon wrote:

I don't believe Thor shows up at all for Civil War. I think he may still have bee dead from Ragnarok in Avengers disassembled. That's why they could make Clor and get away with it.

You are correct, but there's a ton of other people who weren't the original CW or the movie that have a side. Silver Surfer (busy with Annihilation), Ghost Rider (trapped in hell), the GotG (largely in limbo, except Drax), Lady Thor (didn't exist), Hulk (shot into space by Tony and Co.), etc. Seems like the devs are following the lines arbitrarily, which makes the lopsided nature of the teams feel weird.
    • Dauthi
      Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
      Eddiemon wrote:
      STOPTHIS wrote:

I was trying not to give that spoiler away, everyone thought he was Thor though as I recall icon_redface.gif
    • zodiac339
      zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
      HaywireII wrote:
      Team Iron Man gets Sentry and Mr Fantastic. What more information do you need? icon_lol.gif
      What more information do I need? Why, that he has Totally Awesome Hulk on his side of course. icon_cool.gif
    • Wolarsen
      Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
      by Stax the Foyer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:48 am

Team Winfinite is intact on the other side, which was nice of them.

I consider Winfinite: Prox X + GSBWidow + SWitch; Prof.X and GSBW are on IM team, and Wanda on Caps; was it a mistake or do you use an alternative to Wanda?