Peter's Complete DDQ4 Strategy Guide - Tips for all Matchups

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could see him ignoring black, as he didn't have any black covers.
  • Wilk_Stepowy
    Wilk_Stepowy Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I challanged Beast with Chulk lvl 111 3/0/1. Boosts +2 all +2 green +100 match all. Main strategy deny green.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice one Wilk. Pretty much the strategy with my 3/2/2 114 Chulk. And the same boosts.
    Tried at 94 with no boosts, at 104 with the above boosts, then won first time at 114.

Deny green, then blue. Once I had enough green, blue wasn't as critical, as I could use green to get rid of the countdown tile.
    I fired black once, when there was nothing dangerous for Beast to match, and never used blue, as I wanted it for my green, amd the countdown takes too long.
    He fired yellow once, but didn't make that much of a difference in the end.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my 5/2/2 won at level 94 but he needed all his abilities at that level. anything less on any of the 3 abilities would have resulted in a loss and would have needed more levels. took 3 attempts and was boosted up.
  • Beat on my first try at level 94 with no boosts, really not as tough as I was thinking. I think Beast is not the typical 5/5/5 but maybe 2/2/2 or something? Hard to know. Updating OP now......
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    have a 1/1/2 Chulk @70 right now.

After 1 experimental run, I think it would be possible, but expensive in terms of boosts.

Strict green/blue denial will do most of the heavy lifting if a board cooperates. So the strategy is collect green, then blue, then black. And use green to knock out Beast's blue CD when necessary. It will take a long time to win with just match damage though, and Beast's yellow will just make things take even longer. I will give it a few tries, but I don't know how badly I want that LT.

Plus I am only a few thousand Iso away from having enough iso for my next 4* champ (4* thor to pair with IM40, since I am still at least 4 covers away from covering any of the top tier green/purple users. sigh. . .). Would hate to delay that process so that I could dump iso into a pile of **** like Chulk.
  • Vhailorx wrote:
    have a 1/1/2 Chulk @70 right now.

After 1 experimental run, I think it would be possible, but expensive in terms of boosts.

Strict green/blue denial will get do most of the heavy lifting if a board cooperates. So the strategy is collect green, then blue, then black. And use green to knock out Beast's blue CD when necessary. It will take a long time to win with just match damage though, and Beast's yellow will just make things take even longer. I will give it a few tries, but I don't know how badly I want that LT.
    I pulled a Phoenix green from my LT if that is any motivation. icon_razz.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled a Phoenix green from my LT if that is any motivation. icon_razz.gif

Hah, so did I! Which was nice because she was at 0/0/4 before.

2/1/2 @ 111 (10K ISO puts me about a day behind on my plans to level XFW to 270, but I guess the green Phoenix was worth it), first try with +2 all, +2 blue/purple, +100% all match damage. Punched with green a couple times to take care of hard-to-reach Mutagenic Breakthroughs, but I wasn't able to stockpile enough blue to give Beast a big whammy, so this was mainly a race to the kill through match damage. I was left with less than 1000 health when I took him out with a normal match.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Forgot to mention that I never was able to eat any hot dogs during my match.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/3/3 made this a chore. Started at 115, but couldn't dent Hank. Had to bulk up to the absurd level of 140 and even then I was closer to losing than I'd like to admit.

The number of times I was sitting on 10+ Black, a few matches away from death, and wasn't hungry was absolutely absurd! The few times I did get it off, Hank would often get at 4-12 Blue AP on his next move.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat starlord on the fifth attempt with my lvl 111 4/4/3 Miles. Seem like the trick is to stored up yellow and cast purple once to hide and red whenever you need the stun. Once, you have enough yellow to repeatedly cast it, then cast purple.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    Beat starlord on the fifth attempt with my lvl 111 4/4/3 Miles. Seem like the trick is to stored up yellow and cast purple once to hide and red whenever you need the stun. Once, you have enough yellow to repeatedly cast it, then cast purple.
    Got him on try 2 with level 74 3/1/5 Miles. Went invisible ASAP, doublecast Purple whenever I had 16 AP, and red whenever. Worked quite well.
    Do look out for the Purple explosion though, one hit won't kill you but two might.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    My Miles is 1/2/2; I beat it on the first try after leveling him to 111 and using +2 B/P AP; +2 R/Y AP, and +100% all damage. As somebody right above me has noted, Star-Lord's purple does have an AOE component to it, so I was down to about 450 HP (and would have lost if I hadn't spent the 10k iso to level him).

I got a red X-23 for my trouble, so she should be in much better shape when her turn next rolls around in... oh, 4 months or so?
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    Got him on try 2 with level 74 3/1/5 Miles. Went invisible ASAP, doublecast Purple whenever I had 16 AP, and red whenever. Worked quite well.
    Do look out for the Purple explosion though, one hit won't kill you but two might.
    Thanks, I completely missed the purple AoE effect. I finished with 1300 or so health left, I think maybe because I got hit with purple and didn't even realize it.

All in all a very easy battle. Unlike the IW, ProfX, and to a lesser extent Howard the Duck battles......Miles can actually put out some decent damage in addition to being able to go invisible. Definitely speeds this one up.
  • Eec411
    Eec411 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Same as the others. Purple asap, don't fire purple again until you have 16+. Sandbag a red power if your tile is threatened to be matched.

First try, level 70 4/1/4. +2 ry, +2 bp, +50% ry
  • JeanPh1l
    JeanPh1l Posts: 21
    Beat Star-Lord first try with 1/3/0 lvl 70. Used 2 all color boosts, 2 purple/blue boosts and 5 purple/blue damage boosts. Went invisible quick and managed to get hit only once by his purple.

IGN : Loulou
  • I just double checked and confirmed that his purple switches back and forth between Hide & Seek, and Surprise! every time you use it. So if you are invisible it will cost you 15 AP to go invisible again.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/4/5 level 94 first try with about 1K health left. red/yellow and purple +2 ap boosts and red/yellow damage boosts x5. moving forward going to try level 94 as my ddq level. much cheaper than 145. requires decent covers and some luck though.
  • Shad0fff
    Shad0fff Posts: 2
    Managed Morales vs Star-Lord Battle with Lvl 70 1/0/0 Miles!
    Boosted Match Damage + 100%, Yellow+Red Damage 50% and 2 Purple/Blue AP.
    Strategy was simple - deny all purple and do match damage with yellow and red. Few times launched Surprise and then Invisibility again when had 30 purple.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Pretty easy with my 4/2/3 Miles, first try he was unleveled, second try I leveled him to 95 (5K health) and was able to handily beat SL with +2 all, +50% purple/black, +50% red/yellow. Fairly straight-forward: go for purple! One wrinkle though was that I was able to cast yellow a few times, but instead of keeping the web tiles on the board I tried to match them to stockpile more purple.

Pulled another XFW, thankfully he's championed now.