Seeking 3-4* Transition Advice

Options
Zappa
Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Currently have 18 champed 3*s, a couple 255 5*s, and can reach 1000-1300 in pvp regularly. I will soon have my first max covered 4* (Nick Fury). Should I max + champ him or should I wait until I have a better 4* to max since it might affect my scaling and ability to regularly achieve 1k points in pvp?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With those fivestars, I can't imagine a maxed fourstar affecting your scaling significantly.
    Nick Fury is one of the weaker fourstars though, so you may want to save your ISO anyway.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you're regularly hitting 1k+ there's no need, especially given that it's Fury. He's not the worst, but doesn't really compare to the top tier 4*s (HB, Bobby, JG, Rulk, Cyke) you should really be banking your ISO for. So either save it for later or use it to keep champing 3*s and getting tokens.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed, even though it's tempting to give fury iso while he's boosted.
  • Zappa
    Options
    127 Fury
    131 1-1-4 JG
    147 0-5-0 Iceman
    152 5-3-1 4Clops
    147 3-0-4 Rulk
    152 4-2-5 X23
    111 1-2-5 Hulkbuster
    86 5-5-0 4Pool
    86 2-3-4 Carnage
    74 1-2-5 Kingpin
    147 3-3-2 4Thor

All my 2*s have been champed (ares 144, cstorm 144, obw 132)

Thanks for the input so far.
  • Zappa
    Options
    Thanks aesthetocyst. I guess I'll just keep on goin with my 3*s then
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    agree with continuing on the 3s that make sense. if you wanted to invest in a 4, your 4pool at 5/5/- would be useful at a comparable level to your other 3s. the retal is really strong at 5 black and he heals for an expensive, but powerful 13 red. hes a great red outlet for im40 or other red maker. your x23 could be useful too. I play her with daken and im40. I wouldn't invest in fury.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    agree with continuing on the 3s that make sense. if you wanted to invest in a 4, your 4pool at 5/5/- would be useful at a comparable level to your other 3s. the retal is really strong at 5 black and he heals for an expensive, but powerful 13 red. hes a great red outlet for im40 or other red maker. your x23 could be useful too. I play her with daken and im40. I wouldn't invest in fury.

If you can hit 1300 with some regularity, I wouldn't be looking to rock the boat on MMR at this point. I certainly wouldn't be raising Fury as my first 4* champion, and agree that I would think about raising XPool and X-23 to a comparable level to your 3*s. I would raise Cyclops to that level also. But outside of that, I'd be thinking mostly of banking ISO for when you are ready to raise 4*s (370k apiece adds up quickly) to the limit. Basically, the only 3*s I'd want to raise now are any top-tier ones you're missing (are there any?) or ones that are very close already (140 at a minimum, and even then, I'd be hesitant).