Request for card screenshots for the new update

Options
Meto5000
Meto5000 Posts: 583
edited April 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hey all,

It looks like the BFZ update is releasing tomorrow which means there's going to be a TON of new cards floating around. I've recently added all the Battle for Zendikar cards I could find from Paper MtG to my site Decktester and since they've only released images for 5 cards so far I'm missing...240 more. So I'm calling on you guys to please help me out and send me screenshots of any new cards you get. Post em on imgur, or on the forums, or you can email me directly at mtgpq@decktester.com. While I'm hopeful that D3 gets their new card gallery up quick, it took them a long while last time and there's still cards that are out of date. My goal is to have the gallery completed ASAP and the only way I'm going to be able to do that is with your help.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is an awesome project! Happy to help!
  • loroku
    Options
    This isn't necessary!

Just go to the Vault, then on the BfZ packs icon, click the (i) button on the right. This shows you a list of all cards!

OR you can go to inventory, "show all cards," and select only BfZ - same thing!
  • Meto5000
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    This isn't necessary!

Just go to the Vault, then on the BfZ packs icon, click the (i) button on the right. This shows you a list of all cards!

You say that like I'm not 95% done with all the new card images including the new versions of all the Origins cards icon_e_smile.gif

Should be about 20 more minutes and I'll upload them all to the site
  • loroku
    Options
    You're awesome! icon_e_smile.gif Also hopefully that will help others...
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    This isn't necessary!

I find it much easier while deck building to use one of these sites like decktester or mtgpq for reference instead of having to flip, flip, flip, scroll back, flip, etc. of using the UI. For quick reference this new UI is much improved, but I'll still be using web resources.
  • Meto5000
    Options
    All cards images are live!

It's going to take me a while to go through and get all the card data updated but I should be able to get through it tonight! Stay tuned for more updates!
  • loroku
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:

It's going to take me a while to go through and get all the card data updated but I should be able to get through it tonight! Stay tuned for more updates!
    So great! You even fixed the ugly ones from before, awww, you're really on top of this. icon_e_smile.gif

(Still says "mythic rare" on the radio button selector, just fyi - BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS PERFECT!)
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    This isn't necessary!

You say that like I'm not 95% done with all the new card images including the new versions of all the Origins cards icon_e_smile.gif

Should be about 20 more minutes and I'll upload them all to the site
    I thought knightly valor looked different...
  • Meto5000
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    Meto5000 wrote:

So great! You even fixed the ugly ones from before, awww, you're really on top of this. icon_e_smile.gif

(Still says "mythic rare" on the radio button selector, just fyi - BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS PERFECT!)

Technically Mythics are called Mythic Rare. Mythic is just a shorter nickname for them.
  • Metro,

You should put the link to your DB in your signature so that it is accessible to anyone who wanders by a conversation concerning it.
  • loroku
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Technically Mythics are called Mythic Rare. Mythic is just a shorter nickname for them.
    DANG - totally got me there. I had no idea! Also: what a dumb name for those! icon_e_smile.gif
  • loroku
    Options
    Not that your resource isn't the best, but - now you need a filter by keyword! icon_e_smile.gif (Or subtypes as you have them called.) And all those new abilities... I mean it's PERFECT! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Meto5000
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    Not that your resource isn't the best, but - now you need a filter by keyword! icon_e_smile.gif (Or subtypes as you have them called.) And all those new abilities... I mean it's PERFECT! icon_e_smile.gif

Keyword filter is there, just need to add the new abilities to the form
    but not tonight. However...all the data is locked and loaded for BFZ including abilities, and all other card data you could hope for.
  • Meto5000
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    loroku wrote:

Keyword filter is there, just need to add the new abilities to the form
    but not tonight. However...all the data is locked and loaded for BFZ including abilities, and all other card data you could hope for.

Just kidding, I added all the keyword/abilities to the ability filter now. Filter to your heart's content now!

t9m9BKU.png?1
  • loroku
    Options
    That's awesome!

I meant to be able to search by keyword - like elf / shaman / phoenix, that sort of thing - since the normal search doesn't include that stuff. But that's just another "nice to have" feature, and the core functionality is still beyond amazing.
  • Meto5000
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    That's awesome!

I meant to be able to search by keyword - like elf / shaman / phoenix, that sort of thing - since the normal search doesn't include that stuff. But that's just another "nice to have" feature, and the core functionality is still beyond amazing.

Yeah, I actually realized what you meant later on and I've added it to my To Do List for the next update. Shouldn't be too hard to build. I need to refine the search area a bit cause it keeps getting bigger with all these different filtering options, i've got some ideas for it though.
  • loroku
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    I need to refine the search area a bit cause it keeps getting bigger with all these different filtering options, i've got some ideas for it though.
    Yeah I am guessing for UI reasons you could just squish all three search options into the one box: name, text, and keyword. It's not like most people are going to know the difference off-hand and it's better to return too many than not enough (well, right now it is, when we only have ~500 cards - that might not be true if this game is still going in a year).

If you wanted the granularity, you could have an optional dropdown under the search box with checkboxes: Name / Text / Keyword and let people select that way if they wanted, with the default that all 3 are "on."

Also, this is super-nitpicky and feel free to ignore (actually, that goes for every piece of advice I give) but you could move "mana cost" down next to power and toughness just for a "like with like" visual change. I'm not sure how often people search for mana cost, so it might not need such prominence.

OH - you could track how often people search for different options and that might give you a good idea of how to order them. Hooray more databases! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Meto5000
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    OH - you could track how often people search for different options and that might give you a good idea of how to order them. Hooray more databases! icon_e_smile.gif

Google Analytics already tracks this for me icon_e_smile.gif (well, at least for users without adblock) Maybe I'll post a report when the site's been around for a bit longer and showcase some of my site statistics.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Google Analytics already tracks this for me icon_e_smile.gif (well, at least for users without adblock) Maybe I'll post a report when the site's been around for a bit longer and showcase some of my site statistics.
    If you don't have anoying ads I will whitelist you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Meto5000
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    Meto5000 wrote:
    If you don't have anoying ads I will whitelist you icon_e_biggrin.gif

My site has absolutely no ads at all. I just like the Analytics because I'm a numbers junkie.