Any plans to stop cheating?

Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Devs do you have any plans of stopping cheating?
Any chance of moving storage from local to a server?

Being killed by a lvl 15 patch, lvl 40 im35 and lvl 22 c storm when I'm 100 punisher 62 patch and 70 widow in about 30 seconds twice in a row
faerogue is his name, nothing higher than a lvl 40 im in his roster but a suspicious amount of 3 star covers

Comments

• Huh, I just posted in the LR thread about that exact same guy doing that to my 103patch/85obw/77ares.
  • Ahh, now I have no doubt he is cheating
    Do the devs do anything about it in this game?
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Liaomiao wrote:
    Ahh, now I have no doubt he is cheating
    Do the devs do anything about it in this game?

Short answer? No.
    Long answer? Not right now.
    When? Maybe never.
  • They do look into reports. See this thread and file your complaint:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2788
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    The main issue I fear is that their team really isn't that big enough to keep an active monitor on tournaments while they're on to catch people.
    I think their main source of finding them is sifting through past data. I could be wrong.

As far as I'm aware they get rid of cheaters as soon as they're discovered... if they're discovered.
  • I was told that Cheaters are made invisible, rather than banned.

They think that they are with everyone else, but they actually become invisible to everyone else, they don't even know they've been isolated.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    I was told that Cheaters are made invisible, rather than banned.

They think that they are with everyone else, but they actually become invisible to everyone else, they don't even know they've been isolated.
    There's thread on Steam forums about such cheater "winning" Avengers Elite. Funny reading.
  • GEFPenst wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

There's thread on Steam forums about such cheater "winning" Avengers Elite. Funny reading.

Link?
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    GEFPenst wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

pretty sure someone mentioned that some pretty well known top level guy won the averngers elite..
  • The behavior in the Avenger Elite touranment seems pretty legit, and if someone's going to cheat, that'd certainly be the best place to do so.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    It's actually a really hilarious thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/234330/discussions/0/540731691355656452/

He brags about how he's the best player in the world, says some absolutely ridiculous things about how most people are worthless/failures in life. Everybody questions why they can't see him in the leaderboard. Eventually posts his screenshot of 'winning' 1st place. Mod locks thread before things get any worse.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    GEFPenst wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Link?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/234330/di ... 355656452/
  • Thanks for sharing that- that thread made my night.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Hahaha that was a pretty good read
    It's actually a pretty good method of pooping on cheaters
    Stops them from coming right back and starting a new account
  • hey i saw my name lol.
  • Hey, let's say they catch someone cheating after a tournament winds up. Then what? I mean, they ban the offender, obviously, but do the rest of the players move up?

I finished 2nd way back in one of the Hulk events to a guy who was pretty widely accused of cheating. I'm not saying he was, but he hasn't been around the forums since all those accusations, so he might have been banned. If he got first by cheating, that means I won, right? I'm not really expecting a month old IW cover, but it would be nice.
  • Nemek wrote:
    It's actually a really hilarious thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/234330/discussions/0/540731691355656452/

He brags about how he's the best player in the world, says some absolutely ridiculous things about how most people are worthless/failures in life. Everybody questions why they can't see him in the leaderboard. Eventually posts his screenshot of 'winning' 1st place. Mod locks thread before things get any worse.

He must have been banned from the start since I don't remember seeing him on the leader board at all. Lol. I liked the bit about the cheater sandbox that emulates the world around him.
  • Lol, it's like some kind of straight jacket thingy, they think they are owning the place, but they are actually trapped in some kind of dimension where they can't affect the real world, only that they think they can.

Still, I would have preferred they banned cheaters outright.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    That said if they ban cheaters outright, as it's f2p - unless they've paid for HP and ISO - it's not really an issue for the person to make a new account.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Classic. I would love it if they did the same for forums. Just one page with slurs and bad mouth talking.