Question for devs about getting the new pw

mlktws
mlktws Posts: 26
edited April 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
What's the deal with the timer on the new planeswalkers? I expected to have to pay cash money for them, but I didn't expect there to be a time limit associated. What happens once the clock runs out? Do I lose the chance to ever get them? Does the price go up? Will I need to earn them somehow (my fingers are crossed for that; I don't know when or even if I'll have the money to spare)?

Comments

• Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    I was hoping for crystals. Obviously more than the 10 the starters cost, but it looks like you can only get them for $ in the store.
  • mlktws
    The fact that they cost actual money doesn't isn't of concern to me (though I feel like the price is exorbitant). What is of concern is that there is a timer on them of roughly a week.
  • Jieravid
    Jieravid Posts: 3
    Seems like they are more powerful because they are only available with money purchase. I just got Ob Nixilus to 60 and he has 119 hp. That pretty well blows everything else away. Seems like it's given a big advantage to those who spend money vs grind in game for runes/crystals.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    mlktws wrote:
    The fact that they cost actual money doesn't isn't of concern to me (though I feel like the price is exorbitant). What is of concern is that there is a timer on them of roughly a week.

It concerns me greatly when 1) freemium games are generally designed to offer everything without purchase in return for work, and this game has shown no signs of breaking this model before and 2) there was ample opportunity to tell us this beforehand.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    I hope that the timer is there cause after one week they will be added to purchases through mana crystals.

If their intent is to keep them cash only they are going to lose so many ppl caus it would be clear the game is going to be pay to play even more than pay to win....
  • Keegan
    Morphis wrote:
    I hope that the timer is there cause after one week they will be added to purchases through mana crystals.

If their intent is to keep them cash only they are going to lose so many ppl caus it would be clear the game is going to be pay to play even more than pay to win....

I *was* going to purchase the new PW with mana crystals and spend some cash on new cards when I visited the vault. Now I'll do neither.
  • Jieravid
    Jieravid Posts: 3
    Here is the leveled Ob Nixilis

https://imgur.com/a/TAOw0
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    pretty powerful indeed
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Hey guys,

As I said in another thread, you'll be able to purchase the planeswalkers with crystals once the offer ends.
  • Keegan
    Keegan wrote:
    Morphis wrote:

I *was* going to purchase the new PW with mana crystals and spend some cash on new cards when I visited the vault. Now I'll do neither.

I'm done raging, thanks again JC. I might get Gideon early with the white bundle, all-in-all it's not a bad deal, but I'm not in a hurry either. Meh.
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Jieravid wrote:

Dang, that guy looks sweet!
  • mlktws
    Hey guys,

As I said in another thread, you'll be able to purchase the planeswalkers with crystals once the offer ends.

Ah. Well, great, then! I tried looking for that bit of info before I posted; apparently I didn't try hard enough.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jieravid wrote:

Thank you for posting! That also gives me info for the powers / level / description thread, which I've updated!
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    When we purchase Ob Nixilis with crystals, is it going to be like a level 1 Ob Nixilis for 10 crystals or a level 60 Ob Nixilis for a zillion crystals?
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    EDHdad wrote:
    When we purchase Ob Nixilis with crystals, is it going to be like a level 1 Ob Nixilis for 10 crystals or a level 60 Ob Nixilis for a zillion crystals?
    The general speculation is that it will be a level 1 for some number of crystals that is likely higher than 10.