New planeswalkers - cash only?

Options
Keegan
Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Got the update, installed, poking around only to find that I own all the planeswalkers. Curious.

Check out specials - I can get Jim or the new Gideon bundled with other things for the super low price of $14.99USD each icon_e_confused.gif

Is it intentional that they can only be purchased? The release notes didn't mention this in any way, shape or form.

Comments

• Keegan
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    Pre-Release Notes (v1.4)

- New Planeswalkers Now Available with Level Cap Increased to 60.
    LakeStone wrote:
    Pre-Release Notes (v1.4.1)
    New Planeswalkers
    Gideon, Ally of Zendikar and Ob Nixilis Reignited are now purchasable through special offers! More new Planeswalkers arriving in the coming weeks!
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So will they come back again after that time period? Are they more expensive after the 7 day period? There's a lot more I'd like to know.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's the chance after the initial week on them is up that they'll be available to all. Those paying get a week head start.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    There's the chance after the initial week on them is up that they'll be available to all. Those paying get a week head start.
    Exactly what I was thinking... They will be available to purchase with crystals ofc and almost sure much more than base ones(which lets face it were HEAVILY underpriced)
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey guys,

The offer right now is for a limited exclusivity period. Once the exclusivity period is up, you'll be able to purchase them with crystals.

Sorry for the confusion!
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options
    Okay...I guess I can wait a week...I suppoooooose...
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey guys,

The offer right now is for a limited exclusivity period. Once the exclusivity period is up, you'll be able to purchase them with crystals.

Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the quick reply! It's appreciated!
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow thanks for the reply! still debating on getting him a little early... if the purchase came with a fat pack or something, may have been a sell for me......
  • Keegan
    Options
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you for the prompt clarification. Feel free to lock this thread if that will help now that we know.
  • Keegan
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Flaricus wrote:
    Wow thanks for the reply! still debating on getting him a little early... if the purchase came with a fat pack or something, may have been a sell for me......

It does. The Ob Nixilius Reignited (aka Jim) comes with Jim, a booster of BFZ black cards, and planeswalker runes. Same for Gideon, Ally except the cards are white.

EDIT: booster, not FP
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    now there is that concern about how many crystals the new pws cost
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Keegan wrote:
    Flaricus wrote:

It does. The Ob Nixilius Reignited (aka Jim) comes with Jim, a FP of BFZ black cards, and planeswalker runes. Same for Gideon, Ally except the cards are white.

Oh cool Thanks Keegan! did not look that closely to it! It may be a sell for me, but still debating......
  • Keegan
    Options
    Flaricus wrote:
    Keegan wrote:
    Flaricus wrote:

It does. The Ob Nixilius Reignited (aka Jim) comes with Jim, a FP of BFZ black cards, and planeswalker runes. Same for Gideon, Ally except the cards are white.

Oh cool Thanks Keegan! did not look that closely to it! It may be a sell for me, but still debating......

My mistake: it's a booster, not a fat pack.