beat this RNG

Options
loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I've placed into "uncommon" for red PvPs for 3 times. Every single time I've gotten Iroas's as a reward.

I've placed into "rare" twice. Both times I got Pia & Kiran.

Comments

• Irving
    Irving Posts: 95
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Impressive! 19 Red uncommons, so getting three of the same one is 1/361. 7 red rares, so getting the same one twice is 1/7. Put them together and you have 1/2527, about the same odds as guessing a four-digit password within four tries or cutting a deck to the same card three times in a row.

My contribution is that I once got three of the same mythic (Tragic Arrogance) in a Big Box. That was before 1.3, so it would be way more impressive now that you would be shocked to even *get* three mythics in a Big Box, but still not bad.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Irving wrote:
    My contribution is that I once got three of the same mythic (Tragic Arrogance) in a Big Box. That was before 1.3, so it would be way more impressive now that you would be shocked to even *get* three mythics in a Big Box, but still not bad.

There's something tragically arrogant about the RNG doing that to you.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    I've placed into "uncommon" for red PvPs for 3 times. Every single time I've gotten Iroas's as a reward.

I just placed into red rare again and got Pia & Kiran again.

I'm pretty sure every time I've gotten into rare white I've also gotten Sentinel of the Eternal Watch. I know some of the others have been repeats, too. I think perhaps they all have.

Can anyone who remembers their rewards at least confirm that someone else is getting different cards when they place into the same rarity and color? I mean, this is still possibly a coincidence but it's getting really annoying.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Since i want to get a Demolish and ididnt have enough time to try hard at QB i raned 80 and i got Iroas yesterday, lucky i got a demolish from the monthly FP...
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    loroku wrote:

I just placed into red rare again and got Pia & Kiran again.

I'm pretty sure every time I've gotten into rare white I've also gotten Sentinel of the Eternal Watch. I know some of the others have been repeats, too. I think perhaps they all have.

Can anyone who remembers their rewards at least confirm that someone else is getting different cards when they place into the same rarity and color? I mean, this is still possibly a coincidence but it's getting really annoying.
    Yeah, I place into rare pretty regularly and while I get mostly duplicates (which is more likely that new cards at this point) I have certainly gotten new cards too.