**** Drax (The Destroyer) ****

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Ishalan wrote:
    I would love to see Moon Knight. They keep finding obscure characters Moon Knight (Marc Spector) would be perfect.

If they do bring him in, I hope they do that thing like when Deadpool shows up in the character select screen with a nightcap and his underwear, but having Moon Knight show up in his various multiple personas. Like the classic costume, the white 3 piece suit from the Warren Ellis run, or even show up dressed like a cabbie (one of his old personalities). Powers would never change but it would be a fun nod to his "crazy" history.
  • Avarice13
    Avarice13 Posts: 38
    I really hope it's Drax. He's my favorite from Gotg and not having him ingame bothers me. Lol
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    And just like before Punisher Max was released, D3 posts a Black Panther thing on Facebook. Yeah, pretty sure we're getting his 4star variant.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 wrote:
    And just like before Punisher Max was released, D3 posts a Black Panther thing on Facebook. Yeah, pretty sure we're getting his 4star variant.
    What ever it is it's certanly not a 4* Black Panther, much to peoples relief I'm sure. Nothing against the good king, but new fresh characters are always preferred to variants of existing characters.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The token page for Deadpool vs MPQ should update soon if it hasn't already....
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Quebbster wrote:
    They usually announce who it is a while before the event starts, so I'm thinking we have at least another week before the new character event.
  • Quebbster
    Starsaber wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    They usually announce who it is a while before the event starts, so I'm thinking we have at least another week before the new character event.
    I expect them to announce who it is today and to be able to win the new character in Deadpool vs MpQ. The reveal usually comes within 24 hours of the event starting to get excitement up.
    Punisher MAX was first confirmed through a token page update...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would be a shame if we get another variant rather than a new character.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Starsaber wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

They almost always release a new char every 2 weeks:

28 jan. Nova
    11feb. Gwen
    25feb. Goblin
    10 Mar. Quake
    24 mar. Pun
    7 apr Howard

So tomorrow we will get this one, info will come in the next couple of hours.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Crowl wrote:
    Would be a shame if we get another variant rather than a new character.

If the outcry for no more variants is heard they shouldn't release another variant for a while. They have too much an expansive amount of characters to be using rather than recycling what they already have. It's more than likely Winter Solider since the new clue is "Bundle Up"
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    So this is starting to look more like 4* Drax since the next one is more than likely 5* Winter Solider.

The timing seems off for Drax, I know we were all expecting him to show up around GOTG2, but now I'm thinking we are more likely to see a Thanos boss battle for that release, paired maybe with Nebula and perhaps Yondu or the Collector?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 wrote:
    So this is starting to look more like 4* Drax since the next one is more than likely 5* Winter Solider.

The timing seems off for Drax, I know we were all expecting him to show up around GOTG2, but now I'm thinking we are more likely to see a Thanos boss battle for that release, paired maybe with Nebula and perhaps Yondu or the Collector?

You know, I was entirely convinced we were getting Baron Zemo or Crossbones, followed by Bucky, followed by some X-Men: Apocalypse related characters... but now that we know they're also releasing character affiliations with R99 it would make sense that they'd want to complete their major teams / groups first. X-Men has plenty of characters, the Avengers have plenty of characters, as does Dark Avengers, we have the full Fantastic Four... and if we're looking for a complete MCU-version Guardians of the Galaxy, the only missing character is Drax.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    mega ghost wrote:

You know, I was entirely convinced we were getting Baron Zemo or Crossbones, followed by Bucky, followed by some X-Men: Apocalypse related characters... but now that we know they're also releasing character affiliations with R99 it would make sense that they'd want to complete their major teams / groups first. X-Men has plenty of characters, the Avengers have plenty of characters, as does Dark Avengers, we have the full Fantastic Four... and if we're looking for a complete MCU-version Guardians of the Galaxy, the only missing character is Drax.

That's a very good point on the team affiliations, probably the best argument for Drax right now instead of next year with the sequel release. OF course that's assuming the affiliations are leading to some in game benefit soon. ( A big if).

I like Drax, and it would be nice to have a good Guardian in the 4* level, but I'm still hoping for Zemo. When will he ever be this relevant again on such a public level? If we can't have playable villains who have a purple hood glued to their head and face, then what is the point of all this anyway? icon_e_wink.gif
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:

That's a very good point on the team affiliations, probably the best argument for Drax right now instead of next year with the sequel release. OF course that's assuming the affiliations are leading to some in game benefit soon. ( A big if).

I like Drax, and it would be nice to have a good Guardian in the 4* level, but I'm still hoping for Zemo. When will he ever be this relevant again on such a public level? If we can't have playable villains who have a purple hood glued to their head and face, then what is the point of all this anyway? icon_e_wink.gif

Agreed! That said, if this is Zemo, I'd be disappointed in the fact that they didn't use 'Adhesive X' as an opportunity for another fortify tiles ability.
  • Quebbster
    It's Drax. Did not expect that. Not complaining though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • willyswim
    willyswim Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    The Deadpool Vs. MPQ updated and it's Drax. Looks pretty cool at a quick glance.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting the way the purple and black powers seem to work together. Not sure it's worth gathering 20 ap for a single target nuke, but maybe.

The purple description on page 1 is wrong, it says it deals dmg on opponent power, in game says allied power.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    The purple description on page 1 is wrong, it says it deals dmg on opponent power, in game says allied power.
    I noticed that too. It makes it a very different power. For one thing, the interaction between black and purple is a lot less clear. And it's more of a booster for your skills instead of a retaliation against an enemy skill.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Interesting the way the purple and black powers seem to work together. Not sure it's worth gathering 20 ap for a single target nuke, but maybe.

Pretty sure this is a nonbo. I guess it creates (possibly more than one) countdown tile on demand, but it probably won't trigger when Drax uses his own black power (ala KK and PX) and even if it did, both powers remove the tile for effect so its likely you'd only get the benefit of one of them.

Depending on how many CD tiles "The Destroyer" removes at max rank your best team up would seem to be Sentry icon_e_wink.gif Kingpin would also make quite a few CD tiles to abuse, although there's a lot of overlap.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Ironic that he doesn't match well at all with any of the other Guardians in the game. Well, unless you just want Quill around to cast Everyone With Me over and over.