**** Drax (The Destroyer) ****

Comments

• bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    I suspect they'll never do a power that copies other powers for the same reason that Moonstone no longer steals countdown tiles. Although firing a Penance Stare back at Ghost Rider would be hilarious. I guess GR mirror matches already have that possibility.

I guess that doesn't bode well for ever getting Rogue in the game then...
    Triharda wrote:
    Cloak and Dagger fit the revenge part, and they have just had the animated series announced...? The powers 'could' work when thinking about people getting lost in his Cloak being linked to the countdown tiles but this could be a long shot of a guess!

Cloak and Dagger always struck me as not a strong option for MPQ just due to the oddness of having to have two full-sized characters fit in the space meant for one, Rocket and Groot worked as a combination character because one of them was contently small enough to ride the other. I mean, on the character screen I don't really see it as a problem, but on the in-battle sprite? I don't know, it seems like such a small thing but even that much of an inconvenience in design might make the devs look the other way when looking for who next to add.

Ehh it could be manageable, have Cloak behind Dagger and completely enveloping her. (that's a type of pose that they strike often). The sprite would probably be IMHB-sized but still manageable.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    I suspect they'll never do a power that copies other powers for the same reason that Moonstone no longer steals countdown tiles. Although firing a Penance Stare back at Ghost Rider would be hilarious. I guess GR mirror matches already have that possibility.

I guess that doesn't bode well for ever getting Rogue in the game then...

I suggested, a long time ago, that the easiest way to implement Rogue's ability steal would be to simply generate a friendly Team Up. I think the full power was something like;

Stun target enemy, add one of possible team ups from the target to Rogue's team, & drain X Team Up AP from the enemy team.

That gives the developers a very simple to implement list of abilities that can be stolen (abilities either already have a "Team Up Enabled" tag, or there's a table which lists all available team ups), and it should be relatively easy for players to discern which abilities can be stolen. One of the other big concerns for such a power is cost. By generating a Temporary Team Up, you essentially negate any situation where the ability steal is over or under powered.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    It's either Puck or Box. Has to be.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's either Puck or Box. Has to be.
    Oh, geez. I used to read Alpha Flight too. Been so long, I never considered any of them for this game. Although I have wondered if Power Pack might make it in. Like all four of them as one character with abilities changing as they're used. But that has nothing to do with revenge.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Usually, there's a fairly compelling guess by now. I'm not seeing one that sings to me, so I'll give it a try.

Wonder Man (the revengers) maybe?
  • gumsoul
    gumsoul Posts: 4
    Id like to see Bucky or Drax. It doesn't make sense not to have Drax with all of the other GotG in the game. I can understand if they are adding him now bc they were busy adding characters from other corners of the MU. We have the FF, plenty of Spiderman characters, a good portion of X-Men and Avengers. Cosmic Marvel should be shown some love too.

But a Winter Soldier/Cap/FalCap could be fun.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think colors are quite Drax, and the movie version is all about revenge, BUT Captain America: Civil War is so close it will probably be Bucky. The abilities are quite 'tactical' so I guess that also points to Bucky (even though red is also quite Drax).
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I would see them adding Drax after Civil War. I would Hope that Drax colors would be Red, Grn, Prpl. I personally hope that we start getting more X-men, after Civil War since that the next Movie, and regardless of it not being in the MCU, they need to have an Apocalypse team event, like Ultron and Galactus.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I normally wouldn't expect Drax added to the game at this time. But the "Aren't I so clever?" vague post with 18 reputation says otherwise. icon_mad.gif
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    With 2 huge movies coming in May (yes 1 is an X movie so it's not technically Marvel, but it still counts) it would be pretty shocking if any new character isn't related in some way. Both films have very popular characters in them that many people have been asking for for quite awhile. If Quake gets added for AoG premier, seems like a no-brainer that "Civil War" (team Cap forever!) will get a character.

P.S. I think Howard should boost all the Guardians since he had a cameo in that film icon_e_smile.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    With 2 huge movies coming in May (yes 1 is an X movie so it's not technically Marvel, but it still counts) it would be pretty shocking if any new character isn't related in some way. Both films have very popular characters in them that many people have been asking for for quite awhile. If Quake gets added for AoG premier, seems like a no-brainer that "Civil War" (team Cap forever!) will get a character.

P.S. I think Howard should boost all the Guardians since he had a cameo in that film icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah, I can't imagine them releasing Drax now when another Guardian movie will come out in the next year. They are more likely releasing another X-Men character or Civil War, depending on timing of movie releases. Most likely Civil War first and then Apocalypse, but they could swap order because of timing issues.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I know it does not fit the revenge theme but I was I thinking night crawler as he is in the new xmen movie. His purple could be him countering by disappearing and black disappearing and disarming someone. The only one that don't fit is red
  • Spiritclaw
    I agree with those saying they're likely to give us a Winter Soldier to correspond with the Civil War movie, but that might be the first character next month rather than the last character this month. Revenge doesn't seem like much of a clue for Winter Soldier.

While I'm thinking about Bucky:

1120524-003c.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Wasn't Black Panther involved in this whole thing because of what happened to Wakanda with the Hulk and Iron Man? Could kind of be revenge...
    In Avengers 2? While the vibranium was stolen from Wakanda, that huge, building-leveling fight occurred in South Africa. From interviews with Kevin Feige, it sounds like the MCU version of Wakanda is going to be much more along the lines of high-tech/fantastical Afrofuturism, not just a modern-day African country as seen in A2.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    seraphiel wrote:
    I'm a little surprised nobody has guessed Apocalypse.

The post doesn't say it's a 4*, and all the powers (long-term strategy, burning minions as plans require, countering opponents' strengths or negating their powers) thematically fit.

The colors fit fairly well, too, for what that's worth.
    Apocalypse is more likely to get the Ultron or Galactus style villain treatment, I think.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Apocalypse is more likely to get the Ultron or Galactus style villain treatment, I think.

Not to mention the obvious points that Civil War is out first and is also an MCU movie so is going to get ingame recognition first.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    I agree with those saying they're likely to give us a Winter Soldier to correspond with the Civil War movie, but that might be the first character next month rather than the last character this month. Revenge doesn't seem like much of a clue for Winter Soldier.

And now that the next clue is out, I'm even more convinced. "Bundle up" is a much better winter clue.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2016
    As much as I think this is Drax for sure, I'd fully support adding (Arch)Angel to the game and would spend a small fortune on a well-designed version of him. And few characters are as driven by revenge as he has been:
    fight0246-e.jpg
  • Color combo is like DRAX.

But why is Drax 4*? (Because they won't release 3* anymore)
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    As much as I'ld rather see Drax as a 3* to match Gamora and Groot/Rocket I'm somewhat certain that will never happen at this point. Right now I kind of want him in the game just to have him in the game already. I mean, leaving him out like they did just feels rude.