Roster Advice - Expiring Covers

Options
Jam_Adams
Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
The roster in my sig is fairly up-to-date. I've been trying to level all my 3*s (while also bringing up Rulk, HB and JG). I'm sitting on 56k ISO (I know what you're thinking! what a baller, shot caller!)

my current queue:
Colossus (current level 127) - 3 covers, first expiring in less than 4 days, the last expiring in less than 7 days
3* Spidey (current level 140) - 2 covers, first expiring in just over 10 days, the second expiring in just over 12 days
Hood (current level 128) - 1 cover, expiring in over 10 days

Colossus is just an OK character, but his covers are expiring the soonest and I have the most (3). ultimately gives XFW covers.
Spidey, for all his flaws, I use quite a bit. he's the closest to championing (at level 140), and has 2 covers, but not expiring soonest. ultimately, gives Miles covers.
Hood is probably actually the best of the three, but I only have one cover in queue. plus, like Colossus, has a good ways to go to champion. ultimately, gives GR covers.

these three aren't the most exciting of the 3* level (which is why they are being developed way after the other 3*s), but they should be usable at some point (whether boosted or in niche situations). and they give reasonably useful 4* rewards. so I do want to level these guys.

Realistically, I can probably max and champion two of these characters, as long as Colossus gets levelled first.

I also have a 3* Cap marvel at 140, with one cover expiring in over 11 days. but she's so meh I'm already thinking of selling the cover for ISO.

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Options
    I also have an undercovered IM40 sitting at the bottom at lvl 40. he's obviously top tier now, but to level him would disregard my queue covers. plus I could focus on him later after I've got more covers.

thanks in advance for the help. this is obviously late 3* transition stuff here, and it's not the most sexy MPQ thing to think about.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    personally, I emphasize character strength and how it would benefit my play way more than covers I have in queue. for me, for the ones you've listed, it would be hood. but I don't lose much sleep over selling rags and doc ock covers. some do, so take it for what you will. hood's levels and extra health added to your pretty big stable of 3* champs would be better to me. colossus and spidey will come and go and missing out on 1 or 3 of their covers now really won't make much difference in a couple months when they're level 178 instead of 180 (or whatever). hood is a mainstay and probably the best usable support character on your roster (between him and witch).

I will say, once your im40 gets that 5th yellow, I'd level him because he surpasses hood in the support category. he can feed so many different character combos with ap - he's nearly a necessity in pve and I've even been using him a lot in pvp lately (4thor boosted and here in steve's pvp).
  • Jam_Adams
    Options
    thanks, that's really good advice. over the past few days I've weight the positives of levelling each one, Hood included.