**** Drax (The Destroyer) ****

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Nope, you're all wrong, I know who it is.

1: an ability like Kingpin's poke
    2: an ability very similar to Elektra's traps
    3: an attack that is like Squirrel Girl's yellow, in that it is more effective if the target has 90% or more life

This can only be: King Electro Squirrel, otherwise known as Pikachu!

And don't try to use your logic on me and tell me that "chu" means mouse, I'll have none of it!
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Philly484 wrote:
    I would be interesting if it was possibly Task Master as well since he is a tactician, but I would see him having ability that would Mirror one of his opponents abilities, but there is that guess for him as well.
    I personally would love seeing Task Master in the game as he's always been a favorite of mine, but I don't really see it happening. Unfortunately I see that MPQ tends to be a bit of a hype machine and there just isn't really very much of promotional value in Tasky as he's been falling more into obscurity lately (biggest recent appearance I remember is briefly showing up in one issue off the new X-23 Wolverine comic).
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    This guy/gal would be great going up against the Dark Avengers, go ahead and spam your powers, and get slapped everytime that you do.
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I would love to see Moon Knight in the game, but I really hope this isn't him. Moon Knight *needs* to have a rotating power set depending on his schizo-personality at any given time (M:AA and M:AA2 have addressed this well)
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    JVReal wrote:
    This guy/gal would be great going up against the Dark Avengers, go ahead and spam your powers, and get slapped everytime that you do.

Should note that the countdown tile is removed after being triggered, so it won't work against DA spam.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like a great pair for Loki, especially in LRs.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I wonder what happens if enemy Jean fires her purple right after this purple...
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Lots of good guesses here. My immediate thought was Psylocke (X-Force) because of the DPX synergy. But then thought the tiles wouldn't double dip--DPX just puts out a lot for cheap, but it appears they're not blowing up, so it's actually Kingpin/Sentry synergy maybe? (poo fortify)

Taskmaster, well purple is a great retaliation power (and who knows, could soak some damage too), but that's unlikely.

I'd guess Winter Soldier thanks to Civil War coming out soon. 4-star Black Panther, also a possibility but again, less likely. I don't have any new guesses.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, you're all wrong, I know who it is.

1: an ability like Kingpin's poke
    2: an ability very similar to Elektra's traps
    3: an attack that is like Squirrel Girl's yellow, in that it is more effective if the target has 90% or more life

This can only be: King Electro Squirrel, otherwise known as Pikachu!

And don't try to use your logic on me and tell me that "chu" means mouse, I'll have none of it!
    Wrong color combination it is Shadow Mewtwo
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Daredevil, duh
  • Triharda
    Triharda Posts: 17
    Cloak and Dagger fit the revenge part, and they have just had the animated series announced...? The powers 'could' work when thinking about people getting lost in his Cloak being linked to the countdown tiles but this could be a long shot of a guess!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Philly484 wrote:
    I would be interesting if it was possibly Task Master as well since he is a tactician, but I would see him having ability that would Mirror one of his opponents abilities, but there is that guess for him as well.
    I personally would love seeing Task Master in the game as he's always been a favorite of mine, but I don't really see it happening. Unfortunately I see that MPQ tends to be a bit of a hype machine and there just isn't really very much of promotional value in Tasky as he's been falling more into obscurity lately (biggest recent appearance I remember is briefly showing up in one issue off the new X-23 Wolverine comic).

I'm with you two, but the main thing I'd wonder is how character-appropriate Taskmaster powers would be costed and acquired? Maybe he can't use a power until the other team fires it once? That would make sense, considering he adapts to his opponent's style - he wouldn't be able to steal a power they hadn't used. Maybe from there he could fire the last power used for its cost in black; one of his other powers could accelerate black so he'd be ready to go. And the last one ... penmanship?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly484 wrote:

I'm with you two, but the main thing I'd wonder is how character-appropriate Taskmaster powers would be costed and acquired? Maybe he can't use a power until the other team fires it once? That would make sense, considering he adapts to his opponent's style - he wouldn't be able to steal a power they hadn't used. Maybe from there he could fire the last power used for its cost in black; one of his other powers could accelerate black so he'd be ready to go. And the last one ... penmanship?

I suspect they'll never do a power that copies other powers for the same reason that Moonstone no longer steals countdown tiles. Although firing a Penance Stare back at Ghost Rider would be hilarious. I guess GR mirror matches already have that possibility.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    at any rate, it's mildly exciting that for the first time for a while that it seems like we're about to be surprised.
  • SpecSpecter
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    I suspect they'll never do a power that copies other powers for the same reason that Moonstone no longer steals countdown tiles. Although firing a Penance Stare back at Ghost Rider would be hilarious. I guess GR mirror matches already have that possibility.

I guess that doesn't bode well for ever getting Rogue in the game then...
    Triharda wrote:
    Cloak and Dagger fit the revenge part, and they have just had the animated series announced...? The powers 'could' work when thinking about people getting lost in his Cloak being linked to the countdown tiles but this could be a long shot of a guess!

Cloak and Dagger always struck me as not a strong option for MPQ just due to the oddness of having to have two full-sized characters fit in the space meant for one, Rocket and Groot worked as a combination character because one of them was contently small enough to ride the other. I mean, on the character screen I don't really see it as a problem, but on the in-battle sprite? I don't know, it seems like such a small thing but even that much of an inconvenience in design might make the devs look the other way when looking for who next to add.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess that doesn't bode well for ever getting Rogue in the game then...
    Well, with a power steal ability, anyways. Which is always weird in environments of primarily non-mutants. What would Rogue steal from Kingpin? He's just a (very large and very influential) man. Or from Vision? He's not even alive. (No one jump me if she's done this in a comic, please, I haven't read that one if it exists)
  • SpecSpecter
    ErikPeter wrote:
    I'd guess Winter Soldier thanks to Civil War coming out soon. 4-star Black Panther, also a possibility but again, less likely. I don't have any new guesses.
    What ever it is it's certanly not a 4* Black Panther, much to peoples relief I'm sure. Nothing against the good king, but new fresh characters are always preferred to variants of existing characters.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I'm a little surprised nobody has guessed Apocalypse.

The post doesn't say it's a 4*, and all the powers (long-term strategy, burning minions as plans require, countering opponents' strengths or negating their powers) thematically fit.

The colors fit fairly well, too, for what that's worth.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    seraphiel wrote:
    I'm a little surprised nobody has guessed Apocalypse.

The post doesn't say it's a 4*, and all the powers (long-term strategy, burning minions as plans require, countering opponents' strengths or negating their powers) thematically fit.

The colors fit fairly well, too, for what that's worth.

The number of stars in the thread title is the number of stars the character will have. Be sweet to have apocalypse in game, but I'd think they're holding that card for the movie tie in next month.
  • Ishalan
    Ishalan Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I would love to see Moon Knight. They keep finding obscure characters Moon Knight (Marc Spector) would be perfect.