**** Drax (The Destroyer) ****

Comments

• Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    X-Force Psylocke? Does Psylocke have a revenge story?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    My guess is a Archangel. A preview character for the new x-men movie.
    Marvel doesn't actively promote the X-Men movies, if you hadn't already noticed. They don't veto the use of X-Men characters in this game (there are zero in Marvel Future Fight though), but if there's a character or tie-in they want Demiurge to make, you can take it to the bank that it won't ever be a mutant.

Except for switch and quicksilver! (fun with copyright shenanigans!).
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Melevorn wrote:
    As a side note, this new character is yet another third-to-a-colour-combo, while there are still many colour combinations which have no characters at all at the 4* level. With thirty 4*'s in the game right now, that's pretty annoying:

Agreed... PLEASE vary the colors better on new 4*s, devs! :/ More color variation = more group makeups = more theorycrafting = more long term play/value.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Domino? As much as I would like to see that character I think Black Widow is a more realistic option.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2016
    Hmm, same colors as Deadpool? I think it's obvious.
    unbelievable-gwenpool-663x1024.jpg

Actually half serious, this just came out this week (and yes, this is a real thing). I know it would probably royally piss a lot of people off though if it were true, I mean people complain enough as it is about SpiderGwen. Especially hot off the heels of Howard the Duck. icon_lol.gif
    Edit: Actually that would be pretty amusing (to me anyways) considering she made her debut in Howard the Duck even.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe the revenge clue is wrong, and that was an alternate clue for 4* Punisher that they already released.

I agree with someone above who said this sounds like a "tactical" character. Guns, grenades, that sort of thing. Winter Soldier and Crossbones hit the right timing. Crossbones definitely has some revenge aspects, but I've never really thought of it as a primary motivation for Winter Soldier.

Of the characters in Civil War (the movie, that is), I'd expect Winter Soldier before Crossbones. Crossbones has very little name recognition outside of the comics audience, and I don't get the feeling that he's a huge part of the film. I'm expecting him to be a bigger deal than Batroc (ze leapair!) was in Cap 2, but not a primary antagonist.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I'm going to guess it is Winter Soldier, since he a very calculated and tactical character. It wouldn't make sense for Black Panther in the fact revenge isn't his driving motivation for being a hero. It's probably Winter Soldier since by the time it comes to release this character it will be a week before the movie or the week of the Movie release. Regardless we can definitley narrow the selection down to a character from the movie. AND for the Love of GOD!!!! PLEASE DON"T BE A VARIANT!!!!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Philly484 wrote:
    I'm going to guess it is Winter Soldier, since he a very calculated and tactical character. It wouldn't make sense for Black Panther in the fact revenge isn't his driving motivation for being a hero. It's probably Winter Soldier since by the time it comes to release this character it will be a week before the movie or the week of the Movie release. Regardless we can definitley narrow the selection down to a character from the movie. AND for the Love of GOD!!!! PLEASE DON"T BE A VARIANT!!!!

Wasn't Black Panther involved in this whole thing because of what happened to Wakanda with the Hulk and Iron Man? Could kind of be revenge...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game is already saturated with spidey. If that weren't true he would be the obvious choice, since his inclusion in Civil War is the movie's Big Deal.

But given that fact winter soldier seems like the best bet. 4*no might be a dark horse, but I think his role is toned down post spidey, and they may save him for the solo movie next year.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Revenge totally fits Drax. His sole motivation is to kill Ronan and/or Thanos for what they did to his family.

But now you have me wanting a 1 or 2* Batroc ze Lepair.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Just another new character that I will be behind on getting. The pile just keeps adding up too fast to keep up... icon_e_sad.gif

It's not for you but for the people who spend huge cash on the game.

Marv€£ Pu$$£€ Qu€§t. It's a game by the shareholders that they play with devs to see how much cash they can make off the license.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Mole Man wants revenge on the surface world right? Gotta be Mole Man.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Movie Drax & Comic book Drax have a bunch of similarities in their origin story - the whole "seeking out the person who took my family from me" deal.

In the movie he's really portrayed as a kind of Green Liam Neeson. He's almost purely fuelled by the need for revenge; it drives him to continue when anyone else would have given up. I think it's valid to compare him to The Hulk (and that may have very well been intentional).
    In the comic books, he was "created" for the sole purpose to kill Thanos. His entire being is built up to achieve this. He's still brutish; he's got a strength and power that elevates him over so many others, but he's more of a soldier. I'd probably compare him more to The Punisher.

Anyway, I think the second and third abilities are both very on point for Drax; one is a counter attack and one is an alpha strike. I'm not totally convinced on the black ability being thematically correct for Drax, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also, that second ability is mis-coloured. It really should be yellow as it's totally a "teamwork/protection" ability. The black and red are correctly coloured, so good work on those.
  • SpecSpecter
    Granted this point is utterly moot after Green Goblin, but I would feel weird having a Drax without a green ability...
  • SpecSpecter
    Actually half serious, this just came out this week (and yes, this is a real thing).
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    Oh gezz... I just realized someone else just got their own solo series this week too. Someone that probably much better matches the abilities if we are going to talk about characters motivated by revenge.

Moon Knight.

Now that I can get behind...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually half serious, this just came out this week (and yes, this is a real thing).
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    Oh gezz... I just realized someone else just got their own solo series this week too. Someone that probably much better matches the abilities if we are going to talk about characters motivated by revenge.

Moon Knight.

Moon Knight got a new comic? I was never sure what to make of him really, but I like the design. Yeah, that could work.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I could also see this being Moon Knight as well the colors, make more sense to me, but my 3 guesses are going to be Winter Soldier, Moon Knight, or Drax, just because they have the revenge thing going for them in comics. I would be interesting if it was possibly Task Master as well since he is a tactician, but I would see him having ability that would Mirror one of his opponents abilities, but there is that guess for him as well. Drax has his comic out and yes Moon Knight has been shown to be getting his own new comic series, just visit the Marvel website.
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I ain't gonna guess but I'm pairing this with DPX...
  • Magnetorules
    Magnetorules Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    icon_rolleyes.gif

Moon Knight.

Moon Knight would rock! But it will probably end up being someone lamer than Howard. I just wish they would introduce relevant characters that the players ask for.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    The names feel like Drax. But I'm guessing Bucky.

If Zemo is really the son of Baron Zemo (in Civil War), then Revenge works given the story they're telling with him.