Funny 5* luck

Options
Evilgenius_9
Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I just pulled my 8th 5* cover from a classic LT. I probably have around 115 or so total 4* covers, and certainly not all from LT's - so I'm probably right on pace for overall draw rate. But of those, this one makes the 4th Jean Grey Psychic Rapport (purple) cover. I can just see now, I might be selling 5* covers before I even get enough covers to level any of the characters.

Which begs the question - if this were to happen, would it be worth popping the grand or so of HP to have a second JG 5*? Or just sell?

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People have been giving conflicting reports on Customer Service reaction to this. I'd say roster the second Phoenix just in case the mood turns your way if it ever does become an issue.

I relate to the topic of "Funny 5* luck." I'm way, WAY below a 10% pull rate on 5*, but 2/3 of my 5* pulls have been Old Man Logan, so it's hard to tell if I've been lucky or unlucky.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Two weeks ago, my Old Man Logan was at 3/2/1. Then on that Friday, I hit day 820 on my resupply and got my 4th black cover for Wolvie. Then, 25 minutes later, I pulled my fifth black. Amazing luck, right?! Sitting pretty at 5/2/1, when, later that night, I pull a classic token... *Boom* Black Old Man Logan. Soooooo disappointed. I ended up selling the cover after begrudgingly holding it for four days trying to will it to become red or yellow. It was demoralizing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled my sixth green Phoenix a while back, I ended up Selling her. Right now I have green Phoenix number 7 and 8 in my queue... But I still don't see myself rostering a dupe since what I need most is Purple covers (just have one now), and a duplicate with just green (and soon possibly red) covers won't be much help.
    I also have Silver Surfer black number six in my queue, and just pulled my fifth Old Man Logan yellow from a token. Neither one have a single red cover...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    to me every 5* cover other than OML red is useful as a dupe - has some kind of utility. and you never know down the line what the status of cs will be when it will matter.

unfortunately my OML is 2/-/5 and at 7 covers, still very useless. I'd happily give 2 reds for 1 yellow at this point. any extra reds will be sold with a rousing chorus of cursing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    to me every 5* cover other than OML red is useful as a dupe - has some kind of utility. and you never know down the line what the status of cs will be when it will matter.

unfortunately my OML is 2/-/5 and at 7 covers, still very useless. I'd happily give 2 reds for 1 yellow at this point. any extra reds will be sold with a rousing chorus of cursing.
    My 2/5/0 OML would be happy to make that trade.