Good softcap point?

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I broke down this morning and opened my stash of legendary tokens and spent all my collected Command Points on legendary tokens too... So now I have Another ISO quandary. I had quite a bit saved up that I was planning to use to max X-23, but since I didn't get any X-23 covers and I do have plenty of expiring covers for other 4* (Nova in particular), I was thinking that maybe I don't need to bring X-23 all the way to the max.
Would level 250 be good enough? I notice the match damage seems to be identical to a level 270 fourstar, and the Powers should be Close to full efficiency too.
Obviously I am losing out on the free respec if I don't champion her, but at 5/4/4 she's pretty well built as it is. Those last 20 levels cost 80K ISO if I am not mistaken, and that could be put to good use on other characters...
I'll also need to figure out how much ISO I can spare for Ghost Rider for his DDQ next week... he's 5/5/3 but only level 78. Fortunately, the early levels are fairly cheap, so hopefully I can get by for cheap.

Anyway, any tips and pointers related to my ranting and rambling are welcome!

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think 250 is a good holding spot for someone like that if it will save you from losing some nova covers. before champing hit, i had originally planned on stopping all my 4s at 250. the ROI on those last 20 levels is really small - really only some health, and now, the ability to champ. x23 is on my list of options to do next with thing, xfw, and kp. nova is one I'd love to bring up, but short a couple of covers on him, and he's behind some others. i enjoy playing him with GR on the lower nodes (both still at 70 for me). i can also see fist being great for nova.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I got X-23 up to level 220 so far, and I think it's good enough for The Hunt at least. I may biten the bullet and take her to 250 when/if I want to use her in PvP though.
    Fortunately it seems like Ghost Rider can do his challenge at a fairly low level, so hopefully I'll have the ISO to max Nova sooner rather than later.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    One additional observation regarding softcaps: While the ability damage on my level 220 X-23 (boosted to 297) is almost the same as a maxed version (maxed unboosted green damage differs 500 Points between my X-23 and the level 280 one an Alliance mate has), I noticed that match damage takes a huge hit by underleveling. My X-23's match damage is about the same as a maxed and boosted threestar (a Little higher, but not significantly so), but only about two-thirds of what my maxed and boosted Thor has. So I Think that's the true value of maxing a character - it's very easy to overlook match damage, but it makes a huge difference.
    I'll still save up my ISO to max Nova though...