Devs: You can't compete in LR without cheating

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
It's not freaking possible to earn enough points in an hour and a half to finish in the Top 25 without cheating (turning the clock back in your phone, what ever Steam cheats are available). There is just not enough med kits available to spam attacks every minute to keep up with the retaliation.

If you want to make this game more Fun-balanced, start there.

Comments

• Med kits? Do you not have a spider-man?
  • LR's are still considered advanced progression. If your lineup can't handle the heat, then you're not ready to earn a top 25 finish.
  • I do, but there isn't enough time to heal up your group during the Lightening Rounds to stay up with the pack.
  • Riggy wrote:
    LR's are still considered advanced progression. If your lineup can't handle the heat, then you're not ready to earn a top 25 finish.

I have a good line up, I spend money on the game. Regardless, it's not possible to earn that many points without manipulating the time clock to speed up healing.
  • Only heal up every few games.
  • I do, but there isn't enough time to heal up your group during the Lightening Rounds to stay up with the pack.

Yes there is. Add Spider-Man to one of your battles. He heals for like 1000 per web title. You need one fight to max heal your other two guys. Fight it in the jungle. Makes the heal go much faster.
  • It's called using spiderman to leave every battle at full health. It's possible. I've done it to get top 25 once and top 50 a few more times. I don't cheat. People above me have three 141s. I only have 101 pun, 90 spidey, 62 patch, 53 im40 and 41 hulk. I don't expect to win without three maxed threes but I can, if I try hard, place top 25.
  • jozier wrote:
    I do, but there isn't enough time to heal up your group during the Lightening Rounds to stay up with the pack.

Yes there is. Add Spider-Man to one of your battles. He heals for like 1000 per web title. You need one fight to max heal your other two guys. Fight it in the jungle. Makes the heal go much faster.

That's cute if you think that's what's going on.
  • Riggy wrote:
    LR's are still considered advanced progression. If your lineup can't handle the heat, then you're not ready to earn a top 25 finish.

I have a good line up, I spend money on the game. Regardless, it's not possible to earn that many points without manipulating the time clock to speed up healing.
    What's the lineup? If your lineup is solid enough to be competing, then I suspect the issue isn't the lineup. Many of the peeps on this forum are regularly topping the LRs and I am highly doubtful that most of them are cheaters.

For reference, I use a 106 IM40, 101 BWGS, and a 61 Hulk. I heal up a couple characters every 3 or 4 fights. I haven't tried for top 25 this set of LRs due to time constraints, but I suspect I'd be able to come close on some of them.
  • It's also possible to buy additional health packs. I don't do it myself, but it is possible.
  • Use at least 1 healing char in your team is the key. If you look at the rosters at the top you would find a high level spider-man in almost all of them.

I tried going for it during one of the LRs, ran Patch + Spidey + Hulk and healed up with Spidey at the end of every match (right before unleashing Patch's attacks to finish it). Was in constant battle the entire 1.5 hrs and used up 3 medpacks in the process. Was #1/2 almost the entire way but got hit by a 35pt attack in the last 2 min and dropped to 7th, got to 503 pts at the end.
  • You all can't be that naive.
  • Just repeating that stupid line doesn't make it true.

If people are adjusting their clocks, then they can compete better for ONE LR and they sacrifice all their future LRs when the clock catches up. Do you not realize how it works?
  • You all can't be that naive.
    Seems like you're the odd one out here. Also, it isn't naive to actively do what you are saying is impossible. You're being disingenuous.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    GUYS!!! Don't feed the trolls...
  • Deimos12 wrote:
    GUYS!!! Don't feed the trolls...
    But he's just a little guy. Can't we keep him?
  • How ironic:
    I want to report cheaters, but I'm not totally sure what I'm looking at in the roster. I'm scared it's going to morph into "I'm going to report everyone better than me.

In my opinion its worse to accuse someone of cheating that is innocent than the act of cheating.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not freaking possible to earn enough points in an hour and a half to finish in the Top 25 without cheating (turning the clock back in your phone, what ever Steam cheats are available). There is just not enough med kits available to spam attacks every minute to keep up with the retaliation.

If you want to make this game more Fun-balanced, start there.

so basically you're calling everybody who finished in the top 25 a cheater? Classy

I didn't even use my spidy most times (since he's too low lvl) and I got my courageous cover icon_e_smile.gif