Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• Talahamut wrote:
    I'm confused... the guy in first place (19k+ pts) in my group has nothing but **** in his roster - nothing over lvl 30s except for 1-stars. How can he possibly have so many pts?
    Do the Daredevil-only matches give you that many pts? (I have no DD to find out myself...)

Because right now the PvE events are designed to be easy to low levels or high level players, but s*** balls to anyone in between.

From the silence we have gotten in response to our outcry about this, it seems this is working as intended by Demiurge.
  • Talahamut wrote:
    I'm confused... the guy in first place (19k+ pts) in my group has nothing but **** in his roster - nothing over lvl 30s except for 1-stars. How can he possibly have so many pts?
    Do the Daredevil-only matches give you that many pts? (I have no DD to find out myself...)

Because right now the PvE events are designed to be easy to low levels or high level players, but s*** balls to anyone in between.

From the silence we have gotten in response to our outcry about this, it seems this is working as intended by Demiurge.

Trust me dude, the events are not "easy" for high level players. They aren't difficult, but they are ten times more time consuming and not remotely fun to play.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler

Yet again, the middle class gets screwed! icon_razz.gif
  • Yay finally got my purple Daredevil cover. Some guy is making a massive push. Currently 2K behind me. Might have to grind some events to maintain first place for that 5K ISO icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Talahamut wrote:

Um... IceIX did respond to this matter.

Yes, it is broken. He said so, himself. He also pulled a TaT, stating that its not going to be reset. He also said that unlike TaT, they aren't going to reduce progression rewards because the event is working correctly for the extremely low level accounts, and apparently some of them have 40k+ points at the moment (Unlikely, IMO, but he has the data). This implies that if the progression was lowered to compensate for the difficulty, many new accounts would be gifted full sets of 4* Wolv, which they do not want happening.

Keeping inline with the thread stats to date,

Bracket leader has 11k, all 1* characters.

I'm very fortunate to have obtained a *correct* medium-scale, bracket, albeit ruined by scaling issues. Scored by far most of my points off the DD required missions. Sitting in 3rd at 7600. Could grab second if I want, but there is no reason to do so. 4th is behind me by 1600 points, so I can pretty much park where I am at and walk away with the 2000 iso and 100 hp.

Maybe, just maybe, with the 2k iso, I might break even for all the boosts I bought to get those points for the event. Bleh.

10th place just broke 3,000 points.
  • jozier wrote:
    Trust me dude, the events are not "easy" for high level players. They aren't difficult, but they are ten times more time consuming and not remotely fun to play.

Amen to that. I got to 10k this morning for the DareDevil cover and it was a great relief to know I could finally stop grinding away at this stupid event. After I passed 8k points I was tempted to give up because I was so obviously going to win my bracket but I persevered. If they start giving DareDevil covers out like candy in events I'm going to be ticked at myself for wasting all that time.
  • jozier wrote:
    Yay finally got my purple Daredevil cover. Some guy is making a massive push. Currently 2K behind me. Might have to grind some events to maintain first place for that 5K ISO icon_e_sad.gif

IT'S ONLY 3K ISO different from.second. is it really worth the effort? Lol..I mean..really?
  • jozier wrote:
    Yay finally got my purple Daredevil cover. Some guy is making a massive push. Currently 2K behind me. Might have to grind some events to maintain first place for that 5K ISO icon_e_sad.gif

IT'S ONLY 3K ISO different from.second. is it really worth the effort? Lol..I mean..really?

Assuming that 70 and 140 ISO rewards are split 50/50 in terms of chance to receive, 3000 ISO is about 28 PVP matches.

So yes, that's a pretty big deal and worth the effort to hang on to first for me.

Especially because my 3* are all in the 70-80-90s which means they are high enough to compete in LR but not high enough to win, and I'm not joining The Best There Is anywhere near this early. I've got nothing else to do when I boot up the app.
  • If they start giving DareDevil covers out like candy in events I'm going to be ticked at myself for wasting all that time.

These PvE events are never worth the effort. Just take a look at how they have handed out IM40 and punisher. They are simply massive time sinks.
  • Fangel wrote:
    If they start giving DareDevil covers out like candy in events I'm going to be ticked at myself for wasting all that time.

These PvE events are never worth the effort. Just take a look at how they have handed out IM40 and punisher. They are simply massive time sinks.

False. Until TaT, these were 100% worth the effort.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fangel wrote:
    If they start giving DareDevil covers out like candy in events I'm going to be ticked at myself for wasting all that time.

Not true, PvE events are generally the most efficient way of grinding iso: if you looked at TaT (except for the main missions), you could get ~6-7k iso by clearing each subevent for the 500 iso reward (assuming you tanked and whatnot, if you didn't then change this example to the hunt missions). Its just that for this event, grinding iso is extremely inefficient because the missions dont reset, thus making it pointless to actually try for this event.
  • I'm referring to grinding for placement rewards. With the exception the juggernaut and oscorp heroic modes, the game rewards you for playing smart and not the time spent playing.
  • jozier wrote:
    Fangel wrote:

9 day pve event for 3 punisher covers vs 2 1/2 day back to back pvp event for 3 punisher covers.

Go figure.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fangel wrote:
    I'm referring to grinding for placement rewards. With the exception the juggernaut and oscorp heroic modes, the game rewards you for playing smart and not the time spent playing.

Ah, then yeah, most events were structured such that it was rewarding to do timed clears instead of outright grinding.
    cain84 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Fangel wrote:

9 day pve event for 3 punisher covers vs 2 1/2 day back to back pvp event for 3 punisher covers.

Go figure.

I would think of it more as 9 day pve event for infinite iso + slightly more grinding for a free set of punisher covers on the side.
  • cain84 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Fangel wrote:

Go figure.

You got a ton of ISO and first crack at Frank. Which also means I was generating HP from those subsequent PVP events.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:

Um... IceIX did respond to this matter.

Yes, it is broken. He said so, himself. He also pulled a TaT, stating that its not going to be reset. He also said that unlike TaT, they aren't going to reduce progression rewards because the event is working correctly for the extremely low level accounts, and apparently some of them have 40k+ points at the moment (Unlikely, IMO, but he has the data). This implies that if the progression was lowered to compensate for the difficulty, many new accounts would be gifted full sets of 4* Wolv, which they do not want happening.

Well, they did say naught officially other than IceX (which is not an official source albeit a dev, his opinions are his own). IceX also said that ToT was not "working as expected" and that they will fix that for the next event. Look how much it got fixed.

There has been zero official answer, I also filed a bug for ToT and they did answer me with a generic response on the same lines of "not what we expected". Which is not exactly the same as "it is broken".

If the next PvE event rolls out and the same deal happens, and IceX says again a similar thing, then what? I'm not THAT stoopid.
  • What does the o in ToT stand for.
  • I only feel these events now suck because the scaling is so messed up, and with a limited roster, I'm having to field teams with one strong character (spiderman) and a bunch of **** and cripples. Even my BWGS gets owned by that final fight Ares, which is ridiculously hard. I'm supposed to try, fail, try again fail, then sit on my **** for a few hours for the health packs to regen, and then my reward is 200 points? That Fight should be worth 2000, and before, those fights were worth a lot of points, so it was worth the risk. Now it's like, ok, no matter what I get a daredevil cover, which I'm not going to use in PVP since he isn't that great, so this event ends up being good filler and a way to pump ISO into some characters. Needed to be sure, since not all of us want to spend our time fighting 15k HP thor's, but not implemented correctly.
  • Celerity wrote:
    Don't worry guys, IceIX says everything is working as intended. Surely this tinykitty gameplay experience is our fault and not theirs.
    Have you seen the data? I bet you haven't even seen the data. Trust the data.
  • Well, let's put it this way -- if you look at the game's rank amongst iOS and Android grossing apps, their data says they're doing just fine.