The 50 Token Club

Comments

• JeffCascadianJeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Starting at 50, I opened 24 before hitting a star.pngstar.pngstar.png , icon_mystique.png this time. She's a Champion so that's great.

Running totals:
    star.png 73
    star.pngstar.png 7
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png 2
  • cletus1985cletus1985 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I have hoarded standards in the past (mostly before championing was about to hit), but I just hate the cover queue too much to do it again. I open all of them immediately simply because I hate trying to sell more than 10 covers at once 1 by 1. If there was a sell all 1*'s button I would contemplate hoarding again.
  • El SatannoEl Satanno Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll just leave this shameless plug here. icon_e_wink.gif

Keep hoarding, buddy! Go all the way!
  • bbf2bbf2 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I used to sit on tokens till I had 40, which is roughly the number you need in order to draw 3* or better.

There's no "or better." Four and five stars are not in the standard tokens at all, the screen even tells you that they are 1-3 stars only.
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbf2 wrote:
    I used to sit on tokens till I had 40, which is roughly the number you need in order to draw 3* or better.

There's no "or better." Four and five stars are not in the standard tokens at all, the screen even tells you that they are 1-3 stars only.
    4*s are in standard tokens.

The odds are so astronomically small though that they don't mention them on the screen.
    Oddly enough, I opened another 24 (same as last time) before hitting a icon_ragnarok.png . Oh, well. I don't have him fully covered and sometimes he's required.

Running totals:
    star.png 92
    star.pngstar.png 11
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png 3
  • padei_pandapadei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I made it back up to 50 after having been completely out a few days ago. I only had to open eight to receive a star.pngstar.pngstar.png , icon_loki.pngblackflag.png which was sold for iso8.png since I already have him fully covered but he's not a Champion. The single star.pngstar.png cover was for icon_wolverine.png and he is a Champion for me. Hello, 50 heropointsbig.png !

This could be quite fun. I might try it out.

A bit late now, but you should have used the Loki cover to change him to 5/3/5.
    You should consider upgrading Loki as he is one of the good supports in 3 star land.
    CMags / Patch / Loki are an awesome combo and can take out 4 star teams.
    You should consider upgrading Loki as he is one of the good supports in 3 star land.
    CMags / Patch / Loki are an awesome combo and can take out 4 star teams.

I'd like to Champion Loki but he is so not a priority. Oh, the ISO I need... icon_e_smile.gif
  • XenoberyllXenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    i opened 31 LTs this morning

2x Xforce
    1x XPool
    4x Thing
    1x AntMan
    2x Nova
    2x Punisher
    2x Gwen
    2x Hulkbuster
    3x Falcap
    1x Iceman
    1x SheThor
    2x Mr Fantastic
    2x Invisible Woman
    1x Cyclops
    1x x23

2x Phoenix
    1x Surfer
    21 in 286 for 7.34% now in total

i wanted OML and Quake but i can't complain i guess. 15 usable 4stars and 3 usable 5stars is pretty good. Now i just need 210k iso for Iceman...hmm...
  • justplainchipsjustplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Oops, I forgot to post after my previous pull and now I have two updates.

I filled back up shortly after opening only 13 tokens...but then opened all 50 with no gold. I did pull 8 2*s though.
    Then I finally filled back up today (I missed a ton of LR starts) and this one was a little better

26 pulls for 6 2*s and

icon_kamalakhan.pnggreenflag.png

Unfortunately, I already have 5 green on my 4/2/5 KK. (It's uncanny how many times I pull a cover for the one color on a character that I already have 5 covers in) So now I'll just hope for some miracle before the clock runs out on this new cover. icon_e_smile.gif But I imagine it will turn into 500 ISO before two weeks is up.

Updated stats:
    total pulls 273
    total 2*s 33
    total 3*s 10

% of 2*s 12.09% +2.44%
    % of 3*s 3.66% -0.91%
    I opened all 50 last night with no star.pngstar.pngstar.png results but I did have five useable covers out of ten star.pngstar.png characters pulled. That's pretty cool.

Running stats:
    star.png 132
    star.pngstar.png 21
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png 3
    The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away...

I got up to 50 tokens yesterday and clicked on the button:

icon_vision.pngredflag.png

!!

One pull, one star.pngstar.pngstar.png

I was excited. And with LRs going on it didn't take much longer to get back up to 50. icon_e_wink.gif

So then I started again: clicking, and clicking, and clicking...

No more 3*s and only six 2*s. I think only one was usable as a champion level. But...I recently decided to sell 2* Hawkeye to make room for Howard. So now I'm saving Hawkeye covers in my queue in case he's an essential and for when I'm able to get enough slots to roster him again. I decided to sell Hawkeye since I don't really use him muc and if I can get him back up again he'll give IM40 covers which would be very useful to me. I think the next 2* on the chopping block with be Thor. Since I have a champed 3Thor I don't use him much at all.

Updated stats:
    total pulls 324
    total 2*s 39
    total 3*s 11

% of 2*s 12.04% -0.05%
    % of 3*s 3.40% -0.27%
    ...totally forgot to mention that Vision is the last 3* that I don't currently have rostered (I have sold his covers in the past). So I was pretty excited to grab him. Hopefully I'll be able to save up enough HP to roster him without having to sell another 2* sooner than I want to.
    Starting at 50, I only had to open 50 until I hit a icon_beast.pngyellowflag.png .

Running totals:
    star.png 144 (gross!)
    star.pngstar.png 24
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png 4
    Opened 40 for a icon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.png . He's a Champion so that became a level and iso8.png .

Running totals:
    star.png 174
    star.pngstar.png 33
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png 5
    Alright, I've had a few more pulls, and then I did a bit of "cheating" in desperation. Now I'm back on to the routine. It all worked out.

My last pull reported was on Apr 12 with 50 tokens opened and no star.pngstar.pngstar.png. It also netted me 6 2*s

I got back up to 50 again on Apr 20th and again, opened 50 with no star.pngstar.pngstar.png but with 7 2*s! (ooo! big improvement)

Then the "cheating" began.
    I had some IM40 covers ready to expire and needed just one more cover (either blue or red) to be able to champ him. So I began opening all of my tokens, just in case. I didn't get the cover I needed but ended up with some very nice pulls.

4 pulls for a icon_thor.pngyellowflag.png and one 2*
    16 pulls for a icon_psylocke.pngblackflag.png and two 2*s
    1 pull for a icon_doctoroctopus.pngblueflag.png
    32 pulls for a icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png and one 2*
    4 pulls for a icon_sentry.pngyellowflag.png and one 2*
    9 pulls for a icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png and 3 2*s

Even though most of the star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers were pretty bottom of the barrel (Psylocke, Doc Ock, and Sentry) they still came with very few tokens used (note the ratio gain below). And they were all usable right away except for the Patch cover. But I just got his 13th cover and will champ him before this cover expires. The Thor cover was a champ level, which is always nice.

Running totals:
    total pulls 440
    total 2*s 54
    total 3*s 17

% of 2*s 12.27% +0.24%
    % of 3*s 3.86% +0.47%
  • PuceMoosePuceMoose Posts: 1,342 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a fairly specific ritual with my tokens. I only open them once a day, and always in the evening. I start by opening eight standard tokens, but I stop before eight if I open a usable two-star (for champion purposes) or any three-star. Then I open one event token (I try to keep one event token from every event, so some days I don't do this.) Finally, one heroic, and then any sweet tacos (I am hoarding savory tacos - 188 so far!)
  • xmediaxmedia Age Unconfirmed Posts: 8
    Just opened up my 51 standard tokens this morning. Not one card better than a star.pngstar.png
    Some more nice pulls.

I got back up to 50 tokens on May 5th

2 pulls for icon_hood.pngblackflag.png Sadly, I am on 5 black and he's lower on my champing list right now.
    Soon after that
    13 pulls for icon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png and three 2*s

Then on Friday Civil War started and everyone was having some great luck using their SWitches. Mine was sitting at 3/3/2 and having a tougher time. We started Team Cap and I was able to get to the SWitch Blue progression pretty easily. And then I figured I would open some standards "just in case"...

1 pull for icon_scarletwitch.pngblueflag.png

I couldn't believe it! *Exactly* what I wanted.
    I figured I might as well pull again just to see what I got.

22 pulls for icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png and three 2*s bringing Cage to 5/3/5 and ready to champ.

I was pretty darn excited about the results. I'm expecting 50 pulls for zero golds next time. icon_e_smile.gif

Running totals:
    total pulls 478
    total 2*s 60
    total 3*s 21

Change since last post
    % of 2*s 12.55% +0.28%
    % of 3*s 4.39% +0.53%
    I had some medical problems for a couple of months (I'm OK now) so I'd stopped recording this. I was still doing it--collect 50 and open until hitting a star.pngstar.pngstar.png --but I didn't write anything down. So, after months away, here I go again.

Starting with 51 standard tokens:

29 star.png
    4 star.pngstar.png . All four of them were for Champions but only two of them are max'd out.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_spiderman.png . Spidey's a Champion so the color didn't matter.