Should I max/champ Hulkbuster?

Options
CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
So, I just received a HB cover.
My HB is optimally covered (5/5/3) and I've been slowly leveling him.
My question is whether it's worth it to max level/champ him if it means blowing through my entire 200K+ ISO reserve?

Basically, it is worth it to spend all my ISO just for the LT and ability to respec HB, or should I just sell the cover and continue to slowly level him to level 250 or so?

For reference, I also have Red Hulk, XPool, and GT all above level 200, but none are yet maxxed.

So...blow my ISO wad on HB just so I can use his extra cover for champing, or don't sweat it and raise all of my relevant 4* characters?

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless you have a better use in mind for that reserve, I'd do it.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was planning to use it on RHulk, but then this HB cover dropped into my lap from a token pull.

I guess I hate having essentially zero ISO in reserve...I realize a lvl 271 HB is pretty powerful (even if I like RHulk more), so I guess I can't go wrong either way.

For those who might have a champ HB, do you ever respec him for special uses? That was the other thing I thought about - the ability to respec is nice for certain characters.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those who might have a champ HB, do you ever respec him for special uses?
    Yes, like if you need to heal XDP, going 3/5/5 on HB can get you there quicker.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those who might have a champ HB, do you ever respec him for special uses? That was the other thing I thought about - the ability to respec is nice for certain characters.

I ran 3/5/5 HB for the Punisher event since it was a better AP/dmg ratio for level 356 Thing (9k for 10AP compared to ~6.5k, plus the 2 stun bonus), so double accelerating the one power was more important to me than having two big red abilities. There's also the very minor factor of Thing red (10AP) almost always being a priority in the AI hands, so the drawbacks to gimping HB's red are minimal defensively.

IIRC, 5/3/5 HB with Kingpin is also a combo a bunch of people used.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use him 5/3/5 occasionally with, say, Kingpin. But it's pretty rare that I re-spec him. Still, you're not throwing away ISO by maxing him.