Carnage or X23?

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I have about 300K ISO stockpiled that I was planning to use to max X-23 when The Hunt starts next week and she has her DDQ challenge. I just realized I could also use that ISO on Carnage for Nefarious Foes... Any suggestions on who is more deserving of an ISO injection?
Both are around level 170 at the moment, so I won't get enough ISO to max both in time. I think I could get the one I don't max to around level 209 with spare ISO, though that means less ISO to level Ghost Rider first his DDQ...
It's also worth mentioning that I have a queued Carnage cover that expires in 6 days.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Options
    No opinions, eh?
    FWIW I decided to hold off on Carnage as I figure I can just as easily use Magneto in Nefarious Foes this time. He'll get his ISO injection eventually though...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've never found a great combo for carnage so he's not high on my iso list. x23 overlaps colors with so many others, but I can definitely see the benefit of some true healing and she could be played with any of the top-tier red/blue guys and witch. x23 is soon to be on my radar after xpool - will have to decide between xfw and x23. personally I'd go x23 but there are many more who have maxed carnages that might speak more highly of him.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I see a lot of Carnage love, though I've never really gotten it. I think both are pretty good when buffed, if going in opposite directions. But I put my money on X-23, and did her first. Pretty decent for climbing, and I'm told she does quite well with OML (though I haven't tested that yet). She does need to be tanking her colors, though, so you need to watch that carefully. If she's only tanking one or two colors, I switch her over to 5/5/3 instead of 5/3/5. I haven't been able to test her as a primary character, though; I only maxed her less than a week ago. Waiting anxiously for her buff week.

I've only really tested Carnage in PvE, and have never been terribly impressed. He has a lot of hit points, and dishes out a ton of damage, but it's so indiscriminate. But I do know someone who found success with Carnage as his first maxed 4* (paired with OML, IIRC).
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I know a maxed and boosted Carnage can be quite a bother in PvP as the extra life means it takes long enough to down him that you'll take a few Scythes and attack tile damage. But I don't think that's enough to divert the ISO to him right now.