If I gotta spend money...which of these is worth it?

Options
BoaterChick
BoaterChick Posts: 65
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I'm going to have to break down and spend some money on HP. Question is....of the list below, which ones are worth spending a few bucks for the roster slot.
Black Widow grey suit
Steve Rogers 3*
Miles Morales
Daredevil
Loki
Sam Wilson

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't speak from much experience regarding Miles Morales, and it does depend a little on which transition you are working on in your roster. If you are moving into the 3* game, Grey Suit Black Widow, 3* Cap, and Loki are nice additions.

Loki works really well with Patch (3* Wolvie) and Daredevil, and his board shake + AP control can be nasty against the AI. GSBW is powerful in the 3* tier compared to a lot of others - she's a high tier in my opinion, especially if you pair her with Scarlet Witch and later Professor X. Cap works nicely with the 3* Iron Man to power up his abilities.

Daredevil is situationally good, and I imagine the 4* characters have their niches. I am not really impressed by Sam Wilson in his 3* or 4* forms, but everyone has their own play styles. Falcon's are defensively-oriented without much offensive capabilities.

I can't speak much about Miles, but I don't think he's a must-have in the 4* tier. I have him rostered, but my roster is 80 characters with plenty of HP, so take that for what it's worth. I wouldn't pay to roster him myself (again, depending on your transition level), especially since it will take awhile to get more covers for him and he's not top tier.

tl;dr: Paying to roster GSBW, 3* Cap, and Loki is not a bad idea if you need to build add some roster space. The other characters will not give you a good enough boost to be worth paying at this point, imho.
  • BoaterChick
    Options
  • Smudge
    Options
    So you are an early 3* transitioner... I will not change my advice because that is what I suspected. I would strongly recommend adding GSBW, 3* Cap, and Loki.

The others are not going to help you nearly as much at this stage in the game, and those 3 characters stay relevant for a long, long time. All of the 3* characters you listed are characters I have champed except Loki, who sits at level 130 with full covers, though not optimal.

The 4* characters you listed might help if you had a large volume of covers for them plus the ISO to level them, but as it stands, low-mid tier 4* characters with poor covers are not going to help you advance your game as much as higher tier 3* characters.
  • BoaterChick
    Options
    Then it's probably a better move to sell that 4* and put the iso towards champing magneto.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    long-term, I'd try everything I could to avoid selling 4s. that said, they are a long-term investment that you won't see returns on for a while. where steve, loki, gsbw (in that order) would be a much more immediate (well, sooner, not immediate) benefit to you.
  • Smudge
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    long-term, I'd try everything I could to avoid selling 4s. that said, they are a long-term investment that you won't see returns on for a while. where steve, loki, gsbw (in that order) would be a much more immediate (well, sooner, not immediate) benefit to you.

In my original pre-forum battles to come up with enough HP to roster characters, I can't begin to tell you how many 4* covers I sold. It hurt every time, but that single 4* cover with no more guaranteed on the horizon just solidified my decisions to focus more on the 3* characters.

If you can get the 4* covers at a sustainable rate this early in the game, more power to you! I could not, and I really can't say I regret selling 4*s to give myself better utility in the 3* world. Any 3 of those 3* characters will be more immediately useful, and the covers will be much more readily available. If these were Hulkbuster or Jean Grey covers, it would be another matter entirely, but I think selling Miles and Sam in the short run now will be much more beneficial long-term.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it just highlights the importance early to decide if you are committed as a f2p player or if spending a little is an option. if spending $20 a few times is an option, you can save yourself a lot of seller's regret and not have to sell those early 4s. and later on that will end up helping, though the actual benefit will be way down the road.