No Holds Barred PvP event

Options

Comments

• Afrocigar wrote:
    I went to 733 and shielded. #2 is sitting at 585.
    I'm gonna try to push to 800-900 then do a final 8 hour shield later. Fingers crossed I finally get that green S&V cover I been after forever.

What team do you use to get that high? I've had good luck using Thor/OBW/M.Storm

Other than that team I get obliterated, suggestions?

I run teams with lots of hp. Ragnarok 115
    Doom 100
    And magneto c lvl 90 for damage.

Top spot will be hard with a 2* roster unless you get in an amazing mmr situation
  • Afrocigar wrote:
    I went to 733 and shielded. #2 is sitting at 585.
    I'm gonna try to push to 800-900 then do a final 8 hour shield later. Fingers crossed I finally get that green S&V cover I been after forever.

What team do you use to get that high? I've had good luck using Thor/OBW/M.Storm

Other than that team I get obliterated, suggestions?

I run teams with lots of hp. Ragnarok 115
    Doom 100
    And magneto c lvl 90 for damage.

Top spot will be hard with a 2* roster unless you get in an amazing mmr situation

Similar here, at 728 shielded with second shielded at 554.

Running 141 Mags, 128 Spidey and 128 Punisher.

Only wanted **Wolvie covers in this event but my bracket seemed easy when I started so I went for it. I could use the green s&v and a black hood.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am getting perverse enjoyment watching people try to make a push in the last 3 hours. It is like Icaraus flying too close to the sun, they get up to about 600+ then get blasted by all the piranha in the 400-500 range looking to climb.

I am sitting at 770 right now, safely shielded but monitoring to see if anyone succeeds in pulling away from the tar pit.
  • Clint wrote:
    I am getting perverse enjoyment watching people try to make a push in the last 3 hours. It is like Icaraus flying too close to the sun, they get up to about 600+ then get blasted by all the piranha in the 400-500 range looking to climb.

I am sitting at 770 right now, safely shielded but monitoring to see if anyone succeeds in pulling away from the tar pit.

Nice. I believe I saw you in game. Been skipping you and Beezer like crazy.
  • It's kind of refreshing not needing the top prize and only needing a top 45. Outside of the top ten, competion falls off sharply
  • It's really a bunch of ****. I went from top spot last night to barely fourth now, with all the leaders in my bracket running 1* teams obviously seeing different players than me. Totally unfair, especially coupled with negative gains every time I try to gain some spots on the ladder. Spent a fortune on shields this tourney out of total neccessity. I really wanted/needed that green wolvie, now just praying I stay in 4th or 5th. So lame.
  • That being said its great being able to play whoever I want no restrictions, and no buffs. Love the format, hate the matchmaking and PVP functions. It needs to be different. Penalizing you for playing is the worst design possible.
  • I got a 200 point lead. No more worries. 2nd time being #1 in a pvp event. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Lost to Thor+oBW+mStorm. Main damagers were girls. Incredibly, incredibly frustrating, but fun.
    As for climbing in last 3 hours - L80 Punisher is great deterrent. Running him with oBW and Ares makes very powerful team.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've just snuck into 5th after getting a couple of wins after shielding... and then some guy who was trying to push at 4th getting obliterated icon_lol.gif
  • I shielded at 510 with about 7 hours left. I was in 9th at the time, I'm kind of curious where I will end up. Won't find out until tonight.
  • Clint wrote:

There is definitely a grim fascination in watching people still think it's a good idea to start from 300 or whatever in the last hour. I suppose the point is it's not absolutely guaranteed to fail, and they can't or won't shield, so it's always going to be a mess at the end.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Just watched second make that fabled push to 1st. He's no longer top 5. Pour one out for my homey. I appreciate the placement boost.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Clint wrote:

There is definitely a grim fascination in watching people still think it's a good idea to start from 300 or whatever in the last hour. I suppose the point is it's not absolutely guaranteed to fail, and they can't or won't shield, so it's always going to be a mess at the end.

It's generally futile but I've seen #1 passed in the last moment too. It really depends on your bracket. If you're looking at someone shielded at 750 and you try to pass him up in the last 3 hours, you're just crazy.
  • my leader in my bracket happen to be on 700... AND for some reason... he break it and straight drop to 500 pts below... how irony...
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Clint wrote:

I thought about making a push just to move closer to the top 100...I wasn't going to get far with 7 minutes left though...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I hate the system. For all my trouble, a single yellow Hood cover, when I was hoping so much for all 3. Oh well. Shields are definitely a waste at this stage, so one cover at a time for this girl. At least I remembered the names of most of my attackers. I have a new hobby, I think: hunting down them in every event I see them, and removing their hard-earned points for lulz.

ps. At least something nice happened after the failed tourney when I got a Hulk from a standard token. I only ever had one before but couldn't find much use for the single cover hero and had to delete him.
    pps. Definitely take my words about hating the day back, just got a needed Punisher cover from a standard token as well. IF I CAN'T HAVE THE HOOD THE HONEST HARD-WORKING WAY THEN I WILL RANDOMLY GET 2x other 3*** FROM TOKENS. Amen.
    ppps. 3rd standard token, a Storm cover I don't need; 4th token: my first and only Loki cover. YAY randomizer.
  • I fail to achieve top 15 due to my greediness and tiredness cause me to lose a blue Hood cover... shouldnt go out so long and return with 4 hours to finish... this event dun think going for spidey since got all the cover... just gonna get thor cover to rebuild its skill with 3/5/5...
  • well, i sheilded at 20th because i only wanted a yellow, just logged in to get my rewards and somehow got top 15 so got a blue aswell, sometimes it pays not to fight to the bitter end.
  • Lost 1st place in the last 10 mins to Blacksun after getting whacked for two -40s when i broke shield to win 12.

Stil trying to reconcile how he cranked out 881 points with a L69 Moonstone, L52 Daken, and L40 Venom as his best characters.
    I couldn't even place top 50 when I was at that level.