**** Howard the Duck (Howard, A Duck) ****

Comments

• bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Magneto 2*'s maxed red can clear the entire board...not overly expensive either....so...no need for a 5*
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    bpcontra wrote:
    Magneto 2*'s maxed red can clear the entire board...not overly expensive either....so...no need for a 5*
    Thats his blue, and while it may not be expensive I think its a 4 or 5 turn countdown tile.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, say whatever you will, but at least the art is nice. Good looking cover, too.
  • neubrator
    neubrator Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Anybody know if duck hunting will start or roll into the next season or are we getting a spring break sized gap?
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I thought I read somewhere that it was all going to start off about the 6th.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Blahahah wrote:
    bpcontra wrote:
    Thats his blue, and while it may not be expensive I think its a 4 or 5 turn countdown tile.

13 AP at that level, so not cheap. And yes, four-turn countdown. Hope you have Iceman, cStorm, or mBW to stun Howard for that long.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    ErikPeter wrote:
    (And then they'd better give us a 5* that can shred the board to deal with those invisibility tiles.)
    4* JG purpleflag.png removes invisibility tiles (starting at 4 covers).
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Blahahah wrote:
    bpcontra wrote:

13 AP at that level, so not cheap. And yes, four-turn countdown. Hope you have Iceman, cStorm, or mBW to stun Howard for that long.
    problem there is that all those skills are blue, so that's 13 MNMags + either 6 bobby, 11 cStorm, or 9 mBW. unless you're using a team-up
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Full stats will be up soon!

Define "soon" icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    I hope today!
  • Cthulhu
    hey all! I hope this one came out ok.

Howard the Duck is awesome and he was a lot of fun to work on. I didn't start the process, but continued where Ice left off and it was great to have Joe and Chip to help with this character!
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Wow. Those are 4* numbers?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Damage is really underwhelming. ~3.6k plus board shake for 8 AP. I guess a bit better than XForce, but that doesn't mean much. 3 turn stun plus destroying enemy special tiles for 10 AP? I would rather just have 4 turn stun for 6 AP with extra damage potential of Iceman, and they share all 3 colors. Invisibility will make Howard last longer, but you won't get off multiple greens in one match because of him destroying them all after one use, and invisibility tiles will be easier to match away with all green tiles gone. 1.2k damage a turn is also not impressive.

Interesting character, but the damage numbers are just too underwhelming to make the skills useful in the current uber 4 star and 5 star tier. Worth keeping only for this event and then throwing out since you will never get any covers for him again. If they left him in packs, it might be worth hanging on to him for when he is boosted. As he is not readily available long term, worthless.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Seriously disappointing, please buff him before release. Are the purple numbers right at level 270?
  • Xenoberyll
    Cthulhu wrote:

Howard the Duck is awesome and he was a lot of fun to work on. I didn't start the process, but continued where Ice left off and it was great to have Joe and Chip to help with this character!

One question: Max level still means lvl 270 for 4star characters, right?
    He could use a little buff i guess.
  • Xenoberyll
    The good thing is you only need a 0/0/1 Howard for his DDQ
    AOE opponents FTL! icon_razz.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So his green is basically 3Magneto's red, but on a different color.

His blue is the non-damage parts of Jean's blue and purple.

His purple is some weird hybrid of IW yellow and Antman yellow.

Overall, feels roughly as strong as Dino, which is about where he belongs as a limited release. Can't say I'm surprised.

I am relieved that this doesn't appear to be true (from the Piecing Together Marvel article):
    Duck, Duck, Loose is the power that not only brings the humor, but it also brings the devastation. For 12 Purple AP, Howard creates invisibility tiles that deal damage every turn for each Duck, Duck, Loose tile on the board. With a Level 270 Howard and five Duck, Duck, Loose covers that’s five tiles that cause 1713 damage every turn per tile!

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/25977/piecing ... z453APKR3D

Potentially 8500 per turn would've been ridiculous
  • Cthulhu
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

One question: Max level still means lvl 270 for 4star characters, right?
    He could use a little buff i guess.

yes 270 4 star numbers. I didn't mean per tile with the interview, it was a typo/grammer mistake sorry!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have nothing to add to this thread, I just really wanted to post some of these:

howard_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.png
    howard_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.pnghoward_icon.png
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    So his green is basically 3Magneto's red, but on a different color.

Polarizing Force - Red 8 redtile.png
    Magneto hurls a massive metal object towards the heart of the enemy team, landing with tremendous force and causing them to scatter. Destroys all Team-Up tiles, dealing 27 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
    Level 2: Deals 43 damage per tile.
    Level 3: Deals 49 damage per tile.
    Level 4: Deals 59 damage per tile.
    Level 5: Deals 81 damage per tile.
    Max Level: 261 damage per tile

Versus Howard's green

Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 83 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles.
    Level 4: Deals 153 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles.
    Level 5: Deals 288 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles.

Are they seriously saying that a 4 star with 104 levels more than a 3 star should only do an extra 17 damage per tile (not likely to be more than 12 green tiles out, especially if you are collecting them to use the skill) for around 204 more damage total. And at least with Magneto, you can still collect more red AP while waiting for more team-up tiles to drop. With Howard, it will take forever to get that much green again AND have enough green on the board to make it worth using. And it will make his invisibility less useful. So it is actually worse than a 3 star skill that is the 3 stars second strongest move.