Nissa/Jace tips

Options
I normally run Nissa and Jace doesn't usually give me any issue unless they have a deck full of mana drainers. Seems that's the only time Jace can win.

Any tips for a newbie in that situation? Without writing down what I run in my deck I couldn't really say what I have.

Comments

• Deck composition is super-important as well as PW level. What cards you have in your inventory is also necessary.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kore wrote:
    Deck composition is super-important as well as PW level. What cards you have in your inventory is also necessary.

Yeah, for us to give useful advice we really need to know what deck you're running and what cards you have available.

A generic answer for Nissa v. Jace would be Nissa's strongest abilities: mana generation and turning cards. Most Nissa supports involve generating green tiles, so pair that up with her first ability (if she's leveled up past just draw one card) and spells that generate green as well. With green cascades and mana generation you'll negate - or at least mostly offset - Jace's drains, and if you keep churning out creatures then Displacement Wave, Harbinger, and the other creature-removal cards won't really matter either; all in all the struggle with Nissa or Gideon v. Jace is how much time and health those battles eat up. Once you've got enough PWs leveled high enough to cycle through while health potions and PW health recharge, it's often worth it to just back out of Jace matches if you are playing with Nissa or Gideon in QuickBattle.
  • Nissa is least impacted by Jace's mana drain - you can always get nissa's pilgrimage out, and typically this means at least 5 free mana a turn. Nissa's 1 is also a ton of mana every few turns.

However don't play reach creatures until you can reinforce/play more than one, as Jace's 1 will be ready for many consecutive turns if you're behind and trying to counterattack.

Cast multiple creatures at once, or better yet, only cast when you have joraga's. That will wipe his board and allow you to start fresh. Typically Jace cannot recover from a board wipe as his creatures are not that efficient, nor are they very powerful.
  • rulerhumankind
    Options
    The simple answer is to run Conclave Naturalists, use the Nissa's first ability as well as Nissa's Pilgrimage (blue has no support destruction) to get other creatures out. You always need an early creature out when playing against blue, since they generally use their first ability when available.