Howard the Duck - 4*

waywreth
waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Here's hoping it's only an April Fools joke, but if not...

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/01/ho ... zzle-quest

jgkflsdkfdlfgd_612x380.jpg?itok=DpcsQEct

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's an awful lot of effort behind that article to be just a prank. It does sound like he'll be another "gag" character like Devil Dino that won't be generally available after his event ends.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    waywreth wrote:

Are you kidding? I desperately want this to be real!
  • waywreth wrote:

Are you kidding? I desperately want this to be real!

I'm hoping too!

The interesting thing is the Conan the Barbarian abilities (listed under the April "Sneak Peak" link), Conan's Blue Ability is the same as the Blue Ability for Howard the Duck. (Converts Attack, Strike, and Defense Tiles to Basic and Stuns the Enemy) is the same as what can be partially read in this screen shot.

The ability is a mix of Daredevil's Blue and Purple but without the damage/repeating mechanic.

If the other abilities listed under Conan match up, he'll be pretty good character in my opinion.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    its a joke who in the right mind would ever use QUAKE icon_e_smile.gif

if they want to make up joke people how about giving up 1000 HP to put them in our roaster. Already got the **** devil dino where you cant get covers like we need a 2nd
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, that is the annoying thing for me. If you are going to release a "joke" character, there isn't any reason to not make them usable and earnable all the time. Having Devil Dino is okay, but not two joke characters. 1k HP on a character that won't become usable without spending CP on buying covers.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it could be something that comes up every April.

Devil Dino has been available to earn every Anniversary week so far, and there is little to make me think I won't get that final cover for him this year.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    I'm guessing the person who writes these "interviews" is the same person who writes the game's story.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Aware I might be in an extreme minority on this, but I actually kind of wish they would just put Devil Dino back into the rotation. Yeah he might not be a very good character, but considering some of the 4*s we've been getting of late I don't really consider him all that worst then a few that *aren't* considered joke characters.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    its a joke who in the right mind would ever use QUAKE icon_e_smile.gif

if they want to make up joke people how about giving up 1000 HP to put them in our roaster. Already got the **** devil dino where you cant get covers like we need a 2nd
    slidecage wrote:
    if they want to make up joke people how about giving up 1000 HP to put them in our roaster.
    slidecage wrote:
    to put them in our roaster.
    slidecage wrote:
    in our roaster.
    No one puts Howard in the roaster
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The thing is, Howard is a joke character who is also a serious trophy character. According to the dev interview his Purple power costs 12 purple, makes 5 invisibility tiles, dealing 8,565 damage per turn. That's really good. Assuming the chances of drawing him are pretty low, we'll only get a handful of covers during the event. Which gives ultra-competitive players the opportunity to spend hundreds of CP and make him a totally viable, otherwise unattainable status symbol character. It's pretty clever.