ISO: A simple way to fix many problems

ojcAust
ojcAust Posts: 140
I am a long term player at 733 days. I am part of a 7 branched alliance and am regularly in the top 50 - 100 for both PVP and PVE. I normally do a mid range Hero Point purchase with most ingame sales. And like others I find that this game is making me tired trying to keep up.

The game has undergone so many changes with the release of 5* and the Championing system. I have seen many posts about the minimum 70 ISO reward, the ISO Drought, the preceived biase between long term players versus the pay to play, and the tough decisions between leveling the 4* or leveling 3*. While there is no single thing that will fix everything I would like to suggest something.

Why not look at a game length reward system. I know this was done with the daily resupply but the truth of the matter is that all players are ISO starved at the moment. The long term players have maxed covered characters that are being sold for hardly anything just to fund the 4* push for fear of being left behind. My suggestion is a tad more encompassing. Why not add a 50% increase bonus for each year a player has been in game.

This could be linked to the Daily resupply days. So if you have been 1 year ingame the 70 ISO becomes a 105 ISO reward instead. If your two years in, then the rewards essentially double for you and the 70 ISO become 140 ISO. And this would extend up the rewards to the current 500 ISO.

This would address the issues of low ISO and allow people to champion their roster WHILE working on their 4*.
I know that it is possible to do this currently either through grinding every reward or putting down money, but this would not stop those things. It would only assist those that currently do this and allow your loyal players a boost to their ranks.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems more like a selfish way to fix the problem, almost everyone has a chronic iso shortage not just those who have played longer than x amount of time and it needs to be addressed for everyone.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:
    Seems more like a selfish way to fix the problem, almost everyone has a chronic iso shortage not just those who have played longer than x amount of time and it needs to be addressed for everyone.
    To be fair, OP didn't suggest this mechanism as the only way to solve the problem but suggested that this could be one of the correction that could be implemented. Of course, many complementary sources should be added so that the overall flow of iso finally increases! icon_e_smile.gif

This being said, I support the idea of a mechanism based on the lenght of the period you have played the game. Long-term players are more likely to spend iso on 4* or 5* and such characters demand way more iso than 3*... while the Iso flow don't increase in comparable proportion with time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    almost everyone has a chronic iso shortage not just those who have played longer than x amount of time and it needs to be addressed for everyone.
    I disagree. look at the iso to level your roster thread. most of those at 500+ days are well over 6-7 million needed (well the 4* players are) - just to level the covers on their roster. my number is 7.9 million. players at 200-300 days in just don't have that kind of iso deficit. the longer you play (and more importantly, the higher you perform, but there is some correlation there), the more you're in the hole.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time their "fix" was lower the lower level costs of characters (primarily 3*/4*). Which really hosed anyone (ahem) who had evenly leveled to say 140 or so.

This time I'd love their fix to simply be a bit more even for everyone in all parts of the game. I'm not sure if their servers track how much you've earned, or how much you've spent on ISO. But it could determine how much you have currently spent on your roster slots; and then you could give everyone something like 10% (probably way low) of their total ISO spent on-rosters. After that, cut all leveling costs by 10%.

-Vets will get more cash infusion, but will get less of the leveling cost past bonus.
    -Newer players will get less cash infusion, but will spend less eventually overall.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    I think a much better solution would be to scale iso rewards with the combined levels of champions you face (boosts don't count). What you're trying to solve is an iso shortage at a particular point in the game. While it took you two years to get here, it might take someone only a year to get where you are now. The daily reward is constantly requested for overhaul for this very reason.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    change daily alliance reward to 100 iso per person rather than 10. extra 1800 iso per day. assuming everyone in your alliance plays.

i don't think this is unrealistic.

another small change that'd help add up a bit more iso.
  • ojcAust
    ojcAust Posts: 140
    I understand this is not the fix of everything ISO. I never offered it as THE solution. This is one fix I would like to see. Is it selfish, yes a little. But with 5* in this MPQ world it is possible for a newer player to have lucky pulled OML covers where their roster is now overpowering someone who has been here for years.

While this is not the case for me, I know others that have a roster 80+ strong that use maybe 10 characters because the 3* are not maxed and you have to build 4* and 5* to survive in PVP.

An alteration on the OP could be to look at an immediate 50% boost to ISO for everyone and then add in a boost for the veteran players. I am open to suggestions on this. The ISO drought must be broken somehow. I know we all suffer from this and it is making our game less fun having to prioritize the latest 4 or 5*.
  • Crowl
    edited April 2016
    If they want people to fully level characters, costs should really be reduced across the board and they should also cap out rather than jumping up when you reach a certain point.

One thing they could also do would be to give people a reduction in leveling costs relative to the amount of unique characters on your roster, this would encourage people to have larger rosters and thus spend more hp, but in a slightly less direct manner than just charging you hp to reduce iso costs.

They could even take that idea further and give larger discounts for maxing characters, so people couldn't simply roster 1 cover character for the reduction.
  • Crowl
    TxMoose wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    almost everyone has a chronic iso shortage not just those who have played longer than x amount of time and it needs to be addressed for everyone.
    I disagree. look at the iso to level your roster thread. most of those at 500+ days are well over 6-7 million needed (well the 4* players are) - just to level the covers on their roster. my number is 7.9 million. players at 200-300 days in just don't have that kind of iso deficit. the longer you play (and more importantly, the higher you perform, but there is some correlation there), the more you're in the hole.

This approach would needlessly penalise people who have progressed quicker than average, either by luck or paying to do so, their iso shortage is just as real as those who have slowly ground their way to that point.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Game itself should reflect the players need of ISO. Rarity distribution is different than 2 years ago (mostly 2* and 3*, i remeber when there was THREE 4* covers in game) amount of ISO available is almost intact. We have some serious inflation here icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Solutions?
    This: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40933
    This: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41621
    And dozens of others. There are many threads that try to suggest how to improve ISO situation.